The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I can't spend event-ticket...

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
Too few choices from the Impresario this time. I have calculated that if I gain 2 event ticket every day during the Pan-Elsweyr event, I don't have anything to buy, but I will go over the 12 event ticket storable. I must buy one of the new Style pages (bound) to learn... even if I already have in my inventory all these Style pages, dropped during the event (not bound). Zos please put a wider choice from the impresario, I don't want to be forced to buy something I would not have bought, just to spend the excess tickets. A great idea would be to put a magic bag from which you can only get items not purchased in previous events ... as for the Mid-Year-Mayhem
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll most likely get plenty of opportunity next event.. until then, group repair kits are popular
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no use for a group repair kit. I'd much rather just store more than 12 or buy past missing things.
    Edited by nightstrike on July 29, 2021 10:30PM
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got all style pages with gold and I have pet evoluted plus all fragments for the pet collected again and the part for the mount.
    I literally have nothing to spend my tickets on.Would have been nice if they would have added at least a few furniture for tickets.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll most likely get plenty of opportunity next event.. until then, group repair kits are popular

Group repair kits ? No thanks, I do not need such stuff ... I have 5 characters that every day get about 3 repair kits each... I have my bank full of repair kits
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got all style pages with gold and I have pet evoluted plus all fragments for the pet collected again and the part for the mount.
    I literally have nothing to spend my tickets on.Would have been nice if they would have added at least a few furniture for tickets.

You literally do have the option to spend it.. you choose not to
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no use for a group repair kit. If much rather just store more than 12 or buy past missing things.

Do you play ESO or something else ? ahahaha
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

On what? Group repair kits? I dont do group stuff lately and have over 60 crown store repair kits on me from daily rewards.
    So no,there is nothing I could spend my tickets on what would be useful for me.
    Edited by Lady_Galadhiel on July 29, 2021 5:35PM
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group repair and crown repair is not the same.. but yes, you choose not to use them
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    I have no use for a group repair kit. If much rather just store more than 12 or buy past missing things.

Guide to Event Tickets & Rewards
    You can see how many Event Tickets you currently own in the Currency section of your Inventory, and you can only ever hold 12 Event Tickets total. Note that if you’ve hit your Event Tickets cap and you earn more, those extra tickets are lost (and you won’t be able to re-earn them for that day). This means that if you're at or near the cap, it's a good idea to spend them at the Impresario (below) as soon as possible.

PC | EU
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with @Rishikesa108 and @Lady_Galadhiel
    PC | EU
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just get some group repair kits
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On what? Group repair kits? I dont do group stuff lately and have over 60 crown store repair kits on me from daily rewards.
    So no,there is nothing I could spend my tickets on what would be useful for me.

You don't need to be in a group to use a group repair kit. You could just get them and use them, saving a few thousand gold here and there. Or just stop worrying about collecting tickets once you have everything for the event. That's may plan, hit 12 tickets and then not worry about it anymore. Then I immediately get the next fragment at the start of the next event.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do wish there was something more interesting to buy. Previously we had the Alliance Breton terrier or pet versions of indrik.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to buy style pages but have never used a single one so there isn't really any point any longer, and I have loads of repair kits. I gave up collecting Indrik parts after realising that the default Rudolph was not a mount I'd ever use in ESO so why have any reskinned Rudolphs?

So this time I've approached the event differently. I'm not bothering with event tickets at all, and I'm just taking advantage of the event to get the characters that I want to do Elsweyr with to complete the world bosses while there are other players to do it with. After the event they can progress through the rest of the zone content normally.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    group repair kits are always in season
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really can't win. Not enough things = "I've got nothing to spend my tickets on!". Add more things = "Not enough tickets to get everything! Forcing us to buy tickets for Crowns! Cash grab!"
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those not pursuing all options for the morpholith thing, pickings are rather slim. I have a morpholith pet and I have all the frags to make another. I've no interest in the other morphs except probably the house. The one style motif is unappealing to me this time and I already have earned most of it via drops. So. . . I am earning 2 tix per day and cycling between 10/12 and 12/12 by buying a group repair kit each day. Don't really need them, but they stack well and are something that can be used (unlike overflowing tix).

Generally I like events and the Impresario but would be happy to see more variety in her wares (more styles, motifs, furnishings, etc). :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really can't win. Not enough things = "I've got nothing to spend my tickets on!". Add more things = "Not enough tickets to get everything! Forcing us to buy tickets for Crowns! Cash grab!"

The only way developers ever win is by ignoring the forums. Sure, that generates lots of "they need to communicate" posts but only from the few percent who frequent the forums. The developers win by noting how many are actually playing the game (which a lot on the forum aren't doing) and following what they're doing through data logs which in turn provide the metrics which determine how to run the game. Ingame metrics trump forum posts every time!
    Edited by Tandor on July 29, 2021 7:21PM
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you play ESO or something else ? ahahaha

huh?
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

The only way developers ever win is by ignoring the forums. Sure, that generates lots of "they need to communicate" posts but only from the few percent who frequent the forums. The developers win by noting how many are actually playing the game (which a lot on the forum aren't doing) and following what they're doing through data logs which in turn provide the metrics which determine how to run the game. Ingame metrics trump forum posts every time!

That's not entirely accurate. Metrics don't tell you *why* a thing is a thing. Consider this:
    https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/when-metrics-go-wrong
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Group repair kits ? No thanks, I do not need such stuff ... I have 5 characters that every day get about 3 repair kits each... I have my bank full of repair kits

I've never used them, either, but I buy them if there's nothing else to buy and I need to spend tickets so I don't lose tickets. Who knows, I might use them someday while I'm in a group.

The only other option is to sit on your 12 tickets and stop collecting more, or go ahead and collect more but let them go into The Big Bit Bucket In The Sky. That actually lets you relax for the rest of the event, instead of worrying about getting dailies done so you can earn more tickets.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. I haven't spent any tickets for the past few events so I'm just forfeiting the ones I'd be earning now. I'm still doing the dailies though because I love the coffers and all the shimmering sand I'm getting. But please start offering more variety with event tickets items. Maybe some furnishings? /hint
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

That's a good way to harm a game. While you don't need your own forum, you do need customer feedback. Metrics can only tell you what is occuring, not why it's occuring.

You need feedback to know if something is say actually fun and popular, or players feel like they need to force themselves to do it.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First day into the event I had the morpholith, fragments to make a second, the personality, the skin, and the gryph fragment. Second day I had all the style pages. I have a pile of group repair kits. Now I go draw instead.
    Edited by SickleCider on July 30, 2021 8:11AM
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First day into the event I had the morpholith, fragments to make a second, the personality, the skin, and the gryph fragment. Second day I had all the style pages. I have a pile of group repair kits. Now I go draw instead.

Easy to say since you could save 95% of that from before this event..
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got all the style pages in reward coffers just a few days into the event on PC NA, so now I'm just doing all of the activities for the tickets-- of which I plan to have 11 by event's end, to save for the next event-- and also for any other rewards I can learn, sell, deconstruct, or add to my craft bag.

On PC EU I'm still missing 1 page, which I hope to find-- or acquire through trade-- before event's end.

On both servers I've got nearly a full set of duplicate pages, some of them in multiple copies, that I plan to either trade to any players who need specific pages, or save and give away to new players in the future.
  • Moonsprite
    Moonsprite
    ✭✭✭
    I made my morph, then collected the parts to make another, but I haven’t done anything with it. I’m not interested in any of the major rewards. The personality, the mount, the house that’s coming out aren’t anything I like. I stopped doing events because there is no point.

I know people complained about the indriks, but I started playing after they were finished. I never got a chance to buy them. I wish they’d at least leave the parts for that so I can buy them instead.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I liked the indriks and use them fairly regularly. Particularly the mossheart which suits my Bosmer.

This year I got the skin, even though I hate skins. But I had tickets to spend and was curious how it would look on my character.

I had no interest in the personality at all. I already have the fiery orb memento and while that only runs for a short time, it's still basically the same thing.

Although I don't like the way the senche-raht runs, I am intrigued by the quasigriff. Maybe it will fit better on that. I do like the way it looks just standing there. So I am going for it just in case I feel like using it sometimes.

I am not interested in the home at all. I find the Deadlands to be even more oppressive and anxiety-inducing than Coldharbour, and just plain ugly. I hope they have other things to spend tickets on in the last quarter.
  • APDrone
    APDrone
    ✭✭
    I Feel the OP pain..

tickets.jpg
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsprite wrote: »
    I made my morph, then collected the parts to make another, but I haven’t done anything with it. I’m not interested in any of the major rewards. The personality, the mount, the house that’s coming out aren’t anything I like. I stopped doing events because there is no point.

I know people complained about the indriks, but I started playing after they were finished. I never got a chance to buy them. I wish they’d at least leave the parts for that so I can buy them instead.

There's a lot of stuff in the game that I haven't used yet and might never use-- costumes awarded by completing quests, outfit styles, personalities, emotes, etc.-- but I still collect them if they're free. Who knows, maybe someday I'll use them?

The only freebies that I don't keep are crown crate items that can be converted to crown gems, because I'd rather have the crown gems and save them up to get a pet or a mount.

A lot of people complained about the indrik mounts, and while I agree that they were starting to get overly repetitive, I still collected every single one, plus the corresponding pets. I don't use the indrik mounts and pets except on a few Altmer alts, because I like to use pets and mounts that come from the provinces appropriate to the races for my characters.

Anyway, for me the events are a great excuse to revisit zones and content I haven't played in a while. They're also a great time to farm motifs, style mats, and set gear for whatever zones the events are in. I've nearly completed my sticker book entries for Northern and Southern Elsweyr, plus I've learned a lot of motif pages, recipes, blueprints, designs, etc.