The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Auras

amanes
amanes
✭✭✭
I don't know if this ever was discussed but anyway ZOS can you make auras? An aura of light surrounding my templar with different effects would be really cool. I could see them being something like the skins we have and the they could be rewarded from dungeons,trials or be bought from shop. Anyway just a thought I had thought I sould share.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be nice, like a new Meridia skin, but unlike the one we have, the glow would be surrounding the character. For temporary solutions you could try some of the monster skin weapons, there is one with a golden glow iirc, which looks nice when your character unsheathes their weapon.
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would be cool. Also weapon vfx! However, I feel like if they did these, they would be heavily monetized or end up in crates.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Using extended ritual, your templar will get plenty of aura. Maybe a little too much aura. In 12-person groups, it is a little much, lol.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, maybe I'm thinking of something different than what the OP has in mind but I think there are plenty of aura effects in the game that are part of skills/sets/buffs/debuffs/mechanics. So many that I can't keep them all straight, which would make purely cosmetic ones even more confusing.
    PC NA
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to be we could. Most classes had abilities with specific particle effects, that could be toggled on persistently. This was changed for performance reasons back in 2014 and 2015 (depending on the class), so I doubt we'll see this returning. But, it used to be a thing.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really hope they don't add something like this. I prefer to see a "just-right" amount of particle effects and glowing, and I think that would be too much.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • amanes
    amanes
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they don't add something like this. I prefer to see a "just-right" amount of particle effects and glowing, and I think that would be too much.

I mean they can make it be like the allies aoe meaning that you can't see them or maybe put an on/off option at menu. There are solutions to your problem.
  • amanes
    amanes
    ✭✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    Yeah, maybe I'm thinking of something different than what the OP has in mind but I think there are plenty of aura effects in the game that are part of skills/sets/buffs/debuffs/mechanics. So many that I can't keep them all straight, which would make purely cosmetic ones even more confusing.

What I have in mind is more like particals of light that hover around you or maybe an air of pestilence and souls(more necron theme) or a fire aura that as you walk you leave burning footsteps. I don't think we have these kind of things in game,skins are nice but you can't look at skins when you have armor on.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if the system comes with an off switch.. groups of people running around with 50 different auras, no thank you.. we have more than enough already
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if the system comes with an off switch.. groups of people running around with 50 different auras, no thank you.. we have more than enough already

We already have players deliberately using particle effect overloads to crash other game clients. Which seems like it might be a concern if we're getting more flashy particle effects that are just persistently active.