The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

ZOS?!

Swindy
Swindy
✭✭✭
What the hell is this BS?!

vlns29v4fyg1.jpeg

II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll try to explain it to you.

You have been placed in the queue to log in. Your approximate wait time: 3 minutes and 49 seconds.

You're welcome :trollface:
    TherealHämähäkki
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is a bunch of people got booted, then attempted to all log in at the same time and now the auth servers are congested. You generally don't see the queue screen because people log in at different times, but when there's a hiccup and they all try to race back to the door it can't fit everyone in at once.

Edited by Alucardo on July 27, 2021 6:17AM
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    I was dc'd, couldn't log back in.
    Had to reboot the XBox.

Then I get that screen and a full 5 minute count down.

I've been in this game since the early pre-release on Mac, and have never seen this screen.

One day old XBox Series S, but surely this just isn't correct or normal, since I've never seen it before?
    II Swindy II

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swindy wrote: »
    One day old XBox Series S, but surely this just isn't correct or normal, since I've never seen it before?

I honestly have no clue when it comes to XBox, but it's pretty normal for most MMOs to do this when so many people try to connect at the same time. Fortunately it rarely happens.
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    My guess is a bunch of people got booted, then attempted to all log in at the same time and now the auth servers are congested. You generally don't see the queue screen because people log in at different times, but when there's a hiccup and they all try to race back to the door it can't fit everyone in at once.

Heh, I remember you from when I used this forum back at instigation.
    G'day mate.

That was my guess, but it seemed worth pointing out to Zos just in case it's something bigger.
    II Swindy II

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swindy wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »

Heh, I remember you from when I used this forum back at instigation.
    G'day mate.

That was my guess, but it seemed worth pointing out to Zos just in case it's something bigger.

Hah, hello o/ Yeah I've been around for a while!

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much. I think when events are on it's even more likely to cause congestion. From what I've read in other posts, NA is having issues (PC and XB), so it could be due to that as well if you're on that megaserver. Hopefully they'll release an official statement.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Two nights ago there was a server crash followed by login errors or queing issues for many players. This issue quickly resolved itself and players were able to get logged back in. With the issue now resolved, we've decided to close this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.