Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can I switch servers and keep my character(s) ?

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I searched this forum, but couldn't find any suitable answers. I've been using the EU server for over 3 months and have a CP50+ character. Can I switch to the NA server and keep that character, or do I have to start from the beginning again ?
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to start over, the only thing shared between servers are your crowns.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I won't be switching servers then :(
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I won't be switching servers then :(

Well, look me up on NA if you change your mind, my friends and I can help get you started off.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crowns and stuff bought with cash.

So my Chapters purchased with cash transferred over to EU, but my DLC purchased with crowns did not.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So my Chapters purchased with cash transferred over to EU, but my DLC purchased with crowns did not.
    That's a shame :( I bought a few DLCs using crowns, and those crowns were bought using real money, so I guess they wouldn't be available if I switched servers ?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

That's a shame :( I bought a few DLCs using crowns, and those crowns were bought using real money, so I guess they wouldn't be available if I switched servers ?

My DLC did not carry over from NA to EU. ESO+ status does carry over, so that may be a cheaper way to gain access to DLC depending on how frequently you play.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember that you’re adding a server, not replacing. Your EU character(s) are still there when you flip back. So having characters on both effectively doubles your team.

PTS is different, because the characters there are periodically copied over from NA or EU in turn, so the testers have a familiar setup to compare against.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way it works is anything purchased outside of the game is available on both servers, anything purchased within the game is only available on the one you're logged into at the time. So for example someone who bought Elseweyr through the ESO website when it was a chapter will have it on both servers, someone who bought it from the crown store after Greymoor was released will only have it on one server.

The other important thing to know is that your crown balance is shared between the two, if you buy 5,500 crowns then spend 1,000 on the EU server your crown balance on NA will also go down by 1,000.

And as people have said there is no way to transfer anything from one server to the other.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, sadly.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr