The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stop forcing us to pve to get pvp gear

Togal
Togal
✭✭✭✭
Can't there be a system where if we had the dlc we could get the gear by pvping instead of forcing us to go to pve. Its unfair that pve players don't have to even bother going to pvp to get pve gear, terrible design choice.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A majority of it you can buy on the AH. A lot of the tradeable sets are actually really good (thankfully). Though I wouldn't complain if they had an elite gear vendor that sold random dungeon drops similar to the regional one.
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    A majority of it you can buy on the AH. A lot of the tradeable sets are actually really good (thankfully). Though I wouldn't complain if they had an elite gear vendor that sold random dungeon drops similar to the regional one.

Yeah but sets like vateshran is locked behind pve content. This is one of the best sets and is almost a must have to midmax.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Togal wrote: »

Yeah but sets like vateshran is locked behind pve content. This is one of the best sets and is almost a must have to midmax.

Oh yeah, that's a fair call. I wouldn't be so salty if it was vDSA, because you have a greater chance at getting the drop you want with the ability to trade. I never bother with the solo arenas though because it's just such a pve time sink :(
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh yeah, that's a fair call. I wouldn't be so salty if it was vDSA, because you have a greater chance at getting the drop you want with the ability to trade. I never bother with the solo arenas though because it's just such a pve time sink :(

yeah ahahah, hopefully they do something about it someday, the system feels old.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Idk vate normal isn't that bad, you should be able to clean it on almost any PvP char, bar tanky bruisers & tanks because DPS check on final boss. PvP chars are inherently good at solo arenas just because your sustain expectations is of being solo.

More concerns about hard vet DLC monster sets. Some of them are interesting but I'm sure I won't be able to complete that, not with all my chars having PvP builds anyway.

And don't forget dungeon weapon RNG that can lock you in 30+ consecutive dungeon runs without drop.

I wish there were some fallback mechanism of obtaining those items for very big amounts of some resource. Say, crafting item you don't know at transmute for x4 cost.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. To have BiS gear, you should play all game areas to get it. BiS for trials should be in IC. Best Cyro gear should be what drops in Trials.

If BiS PvP gear dropped in eg Rewards for the Worthy, there would be no sense of achievement in anything.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    Nah. To have BiS gear, you should play all game areas to get it. BiS for trials should be in IC. Best Cyro gear should be what drops in Trials.

If BiS PvP gear dropped in eg Rewards for the Worthy, there would be no sense of achievement in anything.

I can’t even imagine the mass screeching that would occur if you suggested the opposite on a trials board and locked the best PvE gear behind a PvP wall like achieve a 5 kd in battlegrounds or kill players whilst outnumbered.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

I can’t even imagine the mass screeching that would occur if you suggested the opposite on a trials board and locked the best PvE gear behind a PvP wall like achieve a 5 kd in battlegrounds or kill players whilst outnumbered.

I 100% guarantee they would farm it then, like join BG for those 5 kills, die once and sit duck on the base.

Some PvP gear already made it to PvE meta (like assault), which raised the prices to the roof.
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

I 100% guarantee they would farm it then, like join BG for those 5 kills, die once and sit duck on the base.

Some PvP gear already made it to PvE meta (like assault), which raised the prices to the roof.

but all those pvp sets are tradable, so they aren't forced to do pvp content.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be PvP equivalents to the Slayer and Aegis buffs from Trials gear. It's an easy/obvious way to ensure that the best PvP gear is PvP-sourced, while also ensuring that gear doesn't become BiS for PvE.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on July 26, 2021 11:27AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bro they nerfed the crap out of the AP grind just because the pve tears were flooding their office. I don't think I could deal with the nightmare that would ensue on the forum if this were to happen.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having fun in Vateshran? xD
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not.... exactly.... If you look at Trial gear it's made to be the best of the best when it comes to PvE content, and people still grind for it and feel accomplished for attaining it. PvP gear on the flip side has the same effect with the added fact you can just straight up buy it, which creates a marketplace demand players will try to fill. Gear is mostly a means to an end anyway and after finally getting that BSW inferno staff I was super duper happy, but that happiness quickly died off as I was then more focused on beating the content I needed that staff for.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems they heard you. Upcoming DLC is almost completely flooded by pvp gear lol
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andre_Noir wrote: »

Crimson Oath’s Rive: Dungeon
    Rush of Agony: Dungeon
    Silver Rose Vigil: Dungeon
    Thunder Caller: Dungeon
    Hrothgar's Chill: Rewards for the Worthy
    Plaguebreak: Rewards for the Worthy

I wouldn't say "completely flooded". Don't get me wrong, I'm happy there's new pvp sets of course, but let's not over-exaggerate.
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Andre_Noir wrote: »

Crimson Oath’s Rive: Dungeon
    Rush of Agony: Dungeon
    Silver Rose Vigil: Dungeon
    Thunder Caller: Dungeon
    Hrothgar's Chill: Rewards for the Worthy
    Plaguebreak: Rewards for the Worthy

I wouldn't say "completely flooded". Don't get me wrong, I'm happy there's new pvp sets of course, but let's not over-exaggerate.

66% (4/6 of 5p) sets of dungeon are pvp sets and the rest just a useless jokes or just weaker incarnation of trial's sets. So it HARDLY over-exaggeration