The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mail notification sound keeps playing whenever loading into a zone/instance, even with no mail.

scraptor44
scraptor44
Soul Shriven
Title. It's every annoying. Mail is empty yet this sound plays and the mail icon flashes quickly with an 8 next to it then goes back to 0.
Edited by scraptor44 on July 24, 2021 11:32PM
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you in guilds with Messages of the Day?

Or just other kinds of notifications. Press N (if you're on PC) to open the notifications window and check.
    PC NA
  • scraptor44
    scraptor44
    Soul Shriven
    No notifications or mail, the sound still plays.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you using any addons? Some have been known to suppress messages sometimes.
  • scraptor44
    scraptor44
    Soul Shriven
    Yes but I don't recall seeing anything about them suppressing messages on the addons' pages.
  • Serenez
    Serenez
    ✭✭✭
    I play on both Xbox and PC.

No issues on PC, however Saturday on Xbox I was experiencing this issue. Kept hearing the mail notification sound each time I changed zones. On console there are no add ons so this was not the issue and no MOTD updates.

I was also experiencing major sound distortion with the dragons on Xbox. Crashed a couple times with lag, in addition to being added to voice zone chat automatically each time I launched the game.

None of this happened on PC .. only Xbox.