The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Ability Timers BUG?

GRXRG
GRXRG
✭✭✭✭
Lately I decided to deselect all addons for better pvp experience with less fps drop and ping, because addons drains a lot of memory.

I activated the new Ability Timers in the Combat settings giving up the good old ActionDurationReminder addon.

But this weird behaviour happens:

I use my armor buff, in my case Summoner's Armor of necro, it shows the remaining seconds, but as soon as I cast Intensive Mender, the coodown of Summoner's Armor vanishes and viceversa even if the skill it's not ended yet.

Is it normal or a bug?

What's the point of having ability timers ON if another skill deactivate it making it impossible to track from the skill bar?

Here the video link for better visual explaination,

Thanks.

• maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see this happen too, but it isn't consistent, and honestly it isn't useful, so I would also consider it a bug. I also have it work perfectly properly on the same character it doesn't seem to work on sometimes.
    Options
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see this happen too, but it isn't consistent, and honestly it isn't useful, so I would also consider it a bug. I also have it work perfectly properly on the same character it doesn't seem to work on sometimes.

I mean, what's the point of implementing Ability Timers if doesn't even work as intended, it is happening with a lot more skills than just those.
    Options
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim focus is one of these skills where the timer will disappear after you bow proc and bar swap. I kept thinking the skill was reseting but it is actually just the timer stops tracking where you are in the duration.
    Options
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    Grim focus is one of these skills where the timer will disappear after you bow proc and bar swap. I kept thinking the skill was reseting but it is actually just the timer stops tracking where you are in the duration.

And I think the implementation is one of the simple things to do code wise, and yet even having ActionDurationReminder addon as disposal to see how was made, they managed to fail to program it correctly, and then you wonder why they can't solve lag in pvp.
    Options
  • Mr_Vahlok
    Mr_Vahlok
    i don't know if anyone else is having this problem but my wall of elements does not track at all. I have tried putting in different slots, reloaded ui, relogging to no avail. I hope they get it fixed at some point, it's very annoying not having the wall timer I have to guess when it is almost over and just put it down again.
    Options
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have had a problem with the UI, the timer is ticking but the skill is not shown on a target and it doesn`t damage.
    Options