The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Compass Quest Marker Missing

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I must have changed some setting, but I am no longer seeing the marker in the top area of the screen (PC) that I think is called the compass.

Does anyone have an idea what addon might have messed this up?
PC
PS4/PS5
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    There are a ton of addons that could do this. Generally it will be any UI effecting addons though, like AUI or LUI or Bandits.

What I would recommend is that you go through your addon menu and uncheck about half of them, reloadui and see if the issue is still there. If it isn't then you know the first half is the problem. If it is there, then you know that the second half is the problem. You can then continue to do this to figure out which addon specifically is doing this.

I'd recommend grabbing Circonians Addon Selector and Votan's Addon List, as they will speed up the process. Circonians will help you return to your stable state of having all your addons selected and Votan's Addon list will auto check/uncheck dependencies if they are needed/not needed. Both of these addons are also just useful in general so I recommend keeping them around

Although unlikely, it could also be a base game setting you changed, so it may also be worth it to try disabling all addons to see if it gets fixed.
    Edited by M0R_Gaming on July 22, 2021 3:08PM
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice. I was hoping to avoid that pain, but a base game changing something is most likely, since I don't recall adding any new addons nor tweaking any when this vanished.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just noticed that it works properly on 1 character.

Any addon to copy ALL settings from one character to another?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    I think there's a few out there, but I can't remember the names of any of them. I may be thinking of copying just base game settings though.
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    M0R_Gaming wrote: »
    I think there's a few out there, but I can't remember the names of any of them. I may be thinking of copying just base game settings though.

That is one thing I am surprised (not really though) has not been in the core game for a while. It is such an obvious base feature.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

find that addon in this guide
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »

Nice list, but hard to find something like what I asked for there. It may be, but I couldn't find it.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »

Nice list, but hard to find something like what I asked for there. It may be, but I couldn't find it.

JOVIEX'S ADDON SETTINGS TRANSFER

Transfer your addon settings (non-global, character specific) from one character to as many characters as you want on a per addon basis.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons