The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Addons and Performance

GRXRG
GRXRG
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,
I used to have on more than 20-30 addons.

I installed Circonian addon which allow you to create template and select/deselect certain addons when you pvp or pve or for crafting, so when I am doing pvp the crafting and pve addons are not running.

My doubt is, if they are deselected and not running, they are really not processed by the game?

I tried delete all addons and pvp experience was way better than with 30 addons running, less lag spikes and better skill connection.

If i use circonian to deselect all addons only when i pvp, it counts like they are not installed at all?

Thanks.
  • Binaryvector
    Binaryvector
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, when an addon is disabled, the game will not load it. None of the addon's code will be loaded or executed.
    The only processing that happens is during the start-up of the game, when it checks which addons are installed (i.e. to create the addon list where you can enable/disable them). After logging in with a character, there is no difference to having an addon disabled or uninstalled.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, when an addon is disabled, the game will not load it. None of the addon's code will be loaded or executed.
    The only processing that happens is during the start-up of the game, when it checks which addons are installed (i.e. to create the addon list where you can enable/disable them). After logging in with a character, there is no difference to having an addon disabled or uninstalled.

Some addons do make a difference to performance. Harvest map for instance will give you a noticable "hitch" when you go from a sub-zone (like a town) to the zone map as it quickly populates the resources nearby.

Others can cause slight delays while in menus and such.

However the benefits far outweigh any small momentary hitches.