Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Light attacker helper and Metronome addons need updating

Fingolfinn01
Fingolfinn01
✭✭✭✭
These 2 addons are really good for players wanting to improve their weaving. Alas they hven't been updated for a while, and looks like they may not be updated ever.

Couple of things

Would any coders out there willing to help or should zos have them baked into the game? Because they are a great tool to fast track your skill.

Especially for zos if they are sticking with this weaving skill for the game, they should really provide tools to help players.
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 20, 2021 1:01PM
PC-NA
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    For Light Attack Helper at least, there is an unofficial update made by a user (sorry I don't remember the name) and posted in the comments section. It's not perfect, and isn't accurate in fights only a few seconds long, but it gets the job done.

Should ZoS add something like this in game? Even if they did it wouldn't work (see Ability Bar Timers), and it would only be used/helpful for more hardcore players, which most are not.
    PC NA
  • honglatongla
    honglatongla
    ✭✭✭
    How does light attack helper actually help? I remember it only showing my LA/s ratio and nothing else when i briefly used it at one point. And that's useless imo.
  • FinrodMacBeorn
    FinrodMacBeorn
    ✭✭✭
    How does light attack helper actually help? I remember it only showing my LA/s ratio and nothing else when i briefly used it at one point. And that's useless imo.

It has a counter which should go up every time you successfully do a light attack. So, you see immediately if you pressed LMB a fraction of a second too long and did a medium/heavy attack instead. Great for practising. Unfortunately, it is now far from reliable.
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    For Light Attack Helper at least, there is an unofficial update made by a user (sorry I don't remember the name) and posted in the comments section. It's not perfect, and isn't accurate in fights only a few seconds long, but it gets the job done.

Should ZoS add something like this in game? Even if they did it wouldn't work (see Ability Bar Timers), and it would only be used/helpful for more hardcore players, which most are not.

Just because you want to do 45kdps average for NB melee dps, does not mean you are hardcore. It means you have workout the weaving skill. Just another challenge of the game. I would say serious casual rather than hardcore.
    PC-NA