The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How would you set CP in this build?

zelaminator
zelaminator
✭✭✭✭✭
I've made a fun build for myself, but I'm really bad at setting CP

The sets are as follows
https://eso-sets.com/set/maw-of-the-infernal
https://eso-sets.com/set/scavenging-demise
https://eso-sets.com/set/defiler

I run it on a Stam Sorc with the 2 Daedric Pet skills, Acid Spray, Poison Injection and Critical Surge
I have 1283 CP to spend
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 20, 2021 12:23PM
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one.? :no_mouth:
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get cmx. Do a quick parse. Do the maths of which cp's benefit you the most. Profit.
    Edited by zvavi on July 19, 2021 11:17PM
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Get cmx. Do a quick parse. Do the maths of which cp's benefit you the most. Profit.

Sorry but if I could do all that, I would not be sitting here saying that I am bad at it
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry but if I could do all that, I would not be sitting here saying that I am bad at it

Well. We can't guess your skills, rotation, uptimes, etc etc. Without info it is literally impossible to know what will make you deal more damage...
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well. We can't guess your skills, rotation, uptimes, etc etc. Without info it is literally impossible to know what will make you deal more damage...

You don't really need to guess at my skills, since I posted them to you in the first post.. regarding the rest of it, I have Critical Surge running all the time, I have the damage of my Matriarch running all the time, I have Acid Spray up and use Poison Injection and Heavy Attack in between
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't really need to guess at my skills, since I posted them to you in the first post.. regarding the rest of it, I have Critical Surge running all the time, I have the damage of my Matriarch running all the time, I have Acid Spray up and use Poison Injection and Heavy Attack in between

i see 7 skills mentioned out of 12. thats not a full build. more than that, you didnt mention which morphs you are using of the pets.
    generally from what i saw most of your damage is single target, direct damage. the other 2 chose between damage over time and the 2 spell/weapon dmg CP, since you lack crit the crit ones wont do much (and you barely have aoe damage, so this one is out of the window too).

honestly I don't understand what is the point of optimizing CP on a build that is primary for overland... *** is dying anyway and CP doesn't boost damage much. and if it is for vet dungeons, I would definitely recommend getting a proper build.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use single bar builds well enough.. yes I forgot to mention the morphs on the pets.. one is Undtable Clanfear, the other is the Twilight Tormentor.. I have a crit chance of 50% so that works okay
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly in terms of slotted CP it makes little difference here or there. Almost every build runs fighting finesse, master at arms and deadly aim, that’s 3/4 of your slotted CP. From there most of us in organized raids run backstabber but that means you need to flank the enemy and your supports have to be solid. If you are running lots of AOE you can use biting aura of if you run lots of DOT run thamutarge. You could also play it safe and run wrathful strikes as your 4th slottable instead.

It doesn’t make that much difference for 95% of the content or players in the game. Only endgame PVE players need to optimize CP situationally depending on build, trial and specific role. A solo portal magblade in vCR3 for instance isn’t going to run backstabber because you won’t really be flanking the crystals so you can switch backstabber for thamaturge in that case because you would be dotting up every crystal with multiple skills and executing from the middle of the room. Everyone else in the group would be running backstabber though. Or a trial like Sunspire nobody is flanking to boss so nobody runs backstabber.

Anyhow I’ve rambled a bit but pretty much every build slots fighting fines and master at arms. Builds using a single target spamable should be running deadly aim. Dot builds run the dot CP, backstabber for the sweaty trial groups, biting aura for heavy aoe builds like Templar. Wrathful strikes if you aren’t optimizing and just yoloing whatever build you want.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly in terms of slotted CP it makes little difference here or there. Almost every build runs fighting finesse, master at arms and deadly aim, that’s 3/4 of your slotted CP. From there most of us in organized raids run backstabber but that means you need to flank the enemy and your supports have to be solid. If you are running lots of AOE you can use biting aura of if you run lots of DOT run thamutarge. You could also play it safe and run wrathful strikes as your 4th slottable instead.

It doesn’t make that much difference for 95% of the content or players in the game. Only endgame PVE players need to optimize CP situationally depending on build, trial and specific role. A solo portal magblade in vCR3 for instance isn’t going to run backstabber because you won’t really be flanking the crystals so you can switch backstabber for thamaturge in that case because you would be dotting up every crystal with multiple skills and executing from the middle of the room. Everyone else in the group would be running backstabber though. Or a trial like Sunspire nobody is flanking to boss so nobody runs backstabber.

Anyhow I’ve rambled a bit but pretty much every build slots fighting fines and master at arms. Builds using a single target spamable should be running deadly aim. Dot builds run the dot CP, backstabber for the sweaty trial groups, biting aura for heavy aoe builds like Templar. Wrathful strikes if you aren’t optimizing and just yoloing whatever build you want.

I'll try the ones you mention, and see what I've got left :smile: glad that someone finally had some directions for me
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if you are going for proc sets, try skills like Wrathfull Strikes & Untamed Agression - it helped my magplar to reach max dmg with those sets.
    Edited by Ippokrates on July 20, 2021 9:13PM
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »
    Also, if you are going for proc sets, try skills like Wrathfull Strikes & Untamed Agression - it helped my magplar to reach max dmg with those sets.

I'm not changing out my sets.. my goal was to make a 6 pet build, based on daedras and defilers
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not changing out my sets.. my goal was to make a 6 pet build, based on daedras and defilers

The poster to whom you responded did not suggest changing sets, though. You are currently running three procs.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to your reliance on proc sets I'd look into getting the Untamed Aggression CP star to boost Spell and Weapon damage. That'll make them hit a little harder.

Other than that it really doesn't take much thought to figure out what other stars to slot. If you're heavy on direct damage pick it, if you stack DoTs get Thaumaturge, and if you're an AoE spammer then get the AoE star. Blue stars are probably the easiest to pick.

As for Red stars... I often struggle to figure out what to pick for my 4th, but I'm currently using Rejuvenation, Survival Instincts, Juggernaut, and Bastion. My focus is PvP so that's why I have them slotted with the Bastion star being my 4th. Used to have the increased armor one but figured bonus damage vs damage shields was a better approach.
    Edited by Vevvev on July 21, 2021 5:20PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

The poster to whom you responded did not suggest changing sets, though. You are currently running three procs.

Yeah, I misread that