The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZOS should consider environment based game design

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS should consider environmental based game design

<Stop!! character based game design>

#1 One day, somebody talk to me like this. "Hey, Ah....can you help my XP farming run?"

#2 The other day, I saw lower player who did suicide rush against too much strong enemy at the West-Skyrim dolman.

#3 Usually, guild people are chatting like this. "I want XXXset equipment, Anybody help dungeon run?"

At a first glance, these are different evidence. But actually say, It's a completely same problem.
Because, most of balance of this game too much depend on character spec matter. ZOS too much
concentrates Champion-Point function and Class balance or equipment, and ignore passive effect
from environmental mechanics. Character based game design makes the ESO so poor and shallow
combat game. It's not totally nonsense, but lack of diversity of game design idea.

This is the reason Why ZOS have been changing Class balance so many times.
Because it's the only balance tuning essence of the ESO. Simply say, ZOS is boring cook.

<ZOS should consider more environmental based game design>

"Greeting Argonian people. Are you enjoying under water mission in the ESO? Nope?
Oh, that's so disappointed."

<"caution! entering zero Z">
pXhmUe1C_o.jpg

This phrase were well known by Dead-Space players. Losing gravity suddenly
changed combat situation dramatically. This is nice example how environment design
is important for the good diversity of game playing.

<I'm tired of empty vacant huge boss room or liner combat work>

If dungeon level design structure has more important mechanic for the specific class, I think
people lost interest just gear farming.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
<example> steal key item from enemy NPC to save group member

<back up team> DPS and thief player-->> go to cat walk or high ground

<main team> tank and healer--> pull massive enemy's attention

-->> after finished, reunite for the main mission.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Check out "FarCry" at the youtube. There must be something hint !!
FarCry has lot of environment based tactical.
(use predator animal, bomb, stealth, snipe, air dive from glider....or throwing the baseball bat)

But anyway ZOS, please learn something new essence(but reasonable one)
from other AAA action game. I don't need cliché MMO anymore in 2021.

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

#1 One day, somebody talk to me like this. "Hey, Ah....can you help my XP farming run?"

#2 The other day, I saw lower player who did suicide rush against too much strong enemy at the West-Skyrim dolman.

#3 Usually, guild people are chatting like this. "I want XXXset equipment, Anybody help dungeon run?"

At a first glance, these are different evidence. But actually say, It's a completely same problem.
    Because, most of balance of this game too much depend on character spec matter. ZOS too much
    concentrates Champion-Point function and Class balance or equipment, and ignore passive effect
    from environmental mechanics. Character based game design makes the ESO so poor and shallow
    combat game. It's not totally nonsense, but lack of diversity of game design idea.

Because it's the only balance tuning essence of the ESO. Simply say, ZOS is boring cook.

1: There's nothing wrong with askin ppl to help grinding, if you want to reach a certain level or do certain content then you need to meet the set requirements.

2: Western Skyrim isnt a Starterzone.
    However I do agree that the Starterzones shouldnt have been changed to the newest zone and should always have stayed in the choosen faction.

3: whats wrong with asking ppl to help farmin a setup? The Rng is sometimes so ultra bad, that running the dungeon with 3 other guildies gives you the best chance to get a certain weapon of a set. Running it with randoms always leaves the chance open that they either wont trade you, since they dont read chat when you say you look for something particular, or they need it themself....ergo its only a method to safe time.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1: There's nothing wrong with askin ppl to help grinding, if you want to reach a certain level or do certain content then you need to meet the set requirements.

2: Western Skyrim isnt a Starterzone.
    However I do agree that the Starterzones shouldnt have been changed to the newest zone and should always have stayed in the choosen faction.

3: whats wrong with asking ppl to help farmin a setup? The Rng is sometimes so ultra bad, that running the dungeon with 3 other guildies gives you the best chance to get a certain weapon of a set. Running it with randoms always leaves the chance open that they either wont trade you, since they dont read chat when you say you look for something particular, or they need it themself....ergo its only a method to safe time.

--> 3: whats wrong with asking ppl to help farmin a setup?

I'm tired of gear farming or XP grinding of ESO. I just want to enjoy the game as pure entertainment.
    But this game is lack of diversity of game design idea. ESO is most boring game design I've ever played.

We're player who enjoy the great adventure, but we're not slave labor of ZOS to bring "money" at the "Crown shop".

Improvement and studying game design idea is "the daily mission" as the professional game development studio.
    However, basic concept of ESO never changes and never improves from 2014.

Anyway, ZOS is just 7 years old studio. They are still fledgling.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you seen most of the player base? They flop whenever some mechanics occur, and you want to add lots of them to the game?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, changing over from a character-based progression is effectively redesigning the entire game and making a substantive change from the TES RPG genre which is, unsurprisingly, very character-focused. Morrowind is arguably the most environmentally tactical of the recent TES games with levitation and underwater combat, but as the games have gotten more complex, Oblivion did away with Levitation and Skyrim axed underwater combat. The TES series isn't really about the tactical use of the environment the way the Far Cry series is, and it doesn't need to be - they are different series who don't need to be copying from each other.

I'm always a little skeptical of suggestions that amount to "Completely redesign ESO to make it more like this other game I like."
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, changing over from a character-based progression is effectively redesigning the entire game and making a substantive change from the TES RPG genre which is, unsurprisingly, very character-focused. Morrowind is arguably the most environmentally tactical of the recent TES games with levitation and underwater combat, but as the games have gotten more complex, Oblivion did away with Levitation and Skyrim axed underwater combat. The TES series isn't really about the tactical use of the environment the way the Far Cry series is, and it doesn't need to be - they are different series who don't need to be copying from each other.

I'm always a little skeptical of suggestions that amount to "Completely redesign ESO to make it more like this other game I like."

At this point, changing over from a character-based progression is effectively redesigning the entire game..

-->Correct, but not good enough. Certainly, champion point or some equipment power balance can easily
    override base game tuning. However, lack of game essence will make the game looks like "boring copy and paste
    contents". This is the reason why BlackWood DLC is over priced epic failure. And, why ZOS easily spent out their
    stock of game creation idea of the ESO.

Actually say, most of game contents are just some kind of "instance copy" which is made from combination
    from various game asset. But If the game has lots of essence of balance tuning resource, the game can keep
    diversity of creation. Then, ESO will not bore the players so easily. Moreover, developers can easily crank out
    lots of nice content so first.

Consider environment based game design is good idea from business standing point.
    (-->And, most of contemporary AAA action game design is made from combination nice
    env design and node unlock style character skill tree. You knew it.)

2023/12/21