The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 - Services List on PSN Gives Error Code When Trying to Renew ESO Subscription

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I know this might be a long shot, but I’m posting this in case someone else has experienced this and has a suggestion that might help. I am not sure ESO support can help but if anyone there has any ideas I will try them.

In the past, I was able to go into my Services List on PSN under my account and see my ESO subscription and when it expires. I don’t get e-mail notification about this so it is the only way I have to view or renew it. Lately, I get an error whenever I try to do this.

I made multiple calls to Sony before I got a chance to speak to a live person (high call volumes), and that person was zero help in fixing this.

It seems my subscription is now auto-renew, so it did renew and give me more crowns. However, if I ever want to cancel my subscription I will have to call Sony again and have them unsubscribe me. I have no control over this from my console like I used to.

I would really like to be able to get my Services List working again so I can have control over my subscriptions.

I logged into another PS4 in our house and still get the error message for the Services List, but my hubby can see his Services List just fine, so it is something with my account. The Sony person was able to see my Services List so I am not sure why I cannot or why they could not fix my account.

EDIT: typo
Edited by katanagirl1 on July 19, 2021 5:48AM
Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure about fixing it on the PS, but you can do it from a browser on the web store https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/store/check-ps-store-transaction-subscription-service/

You can try there, and see if you can access that way rather than on the PS itself
    Soupy twist
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (...) It seems my subscription is now auto-renew, so it did renew and give me more crowns. However, if I ever want to cancel my subscription I will have to call Sony again and have them unsubscribe me. I have no control over this from my console like I used to. (...)
    Subs are always on auto-renew, regardless of the sub period of time, once you sub the service for the 1st time.
    Usually if you don't have cash on your e-wallet's account or an associated CC in the account payment settings to pay the sub, the sub will automatically be terminated.

As @fizl101 wrote, you can also manage your PS subs via web browser:

"Web browser: cancel a subscription
    1) Sign in to Account Management.
    2) Select Subscription from the menu on the left of the screen.
    3) Select Turn Off Auto-Renew next to the subscription you would like to cancel.

If you would like to keep your subscription, you can select Turn On Auto-Renew before the renewal date of the current subscription to keep it active.
    "

"When can I cancel a PlayStation Store service subscription?
    Active subscriptions can be cancelled up until the subscription renewal date by turning off the Auto-Renew setting. You can find the renewal dates for each of your subscriptions in the Subscriptions Management section of account management.

The Auto-Renew setting in Subscription Management will be activated each time you sign up for an ongoing subscription. If you cancel a subscription and then resubscribe, the Auto-Renew setting will be reactivated.
    "
    Playstation Support - Cancel PS Store subscription
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem but don't think it is related to ESO as I can not access the service list at all without an error and I have other services other than ESO I can't get to as well.
    I think this one is on Sony having problems.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I think you’re right but I figured it was worth a try.

I’m disappointed in how difficult it is to get to a live person at Sony and then the fact that this particular person seemed to have no knowledge whatsoever and was also incapable of understanding my problem for the first 30 minutes on the phone.

I might try calling back and getting a different agent but often you don’t even get an option to wait for one, you are advised to “try again later”.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Its_MySniff
    Its_MySniff
    ✭✭✭
    Mine started doing that a few months ago. Just log into the PlayStation site and you'll be able to access your services list to turn off auto renew or view anything else you have subscribed to. Breaking the Ps4 one step at a time. Cheers.