The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Northern Elsweyr NEEDS More Wayshrines (Dragons Dead Content)

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This event will fail on the northern elsweyr side if there is not more wayshrines. What is going to happen is that people are just going to sit at the northern dragon since it is too inconvenient to ride to the two southern dragons. It feels bad to ride on your mount for a few minutes to your southern dragon destination only for it to be killed before you can get there.

Why is it hard for there to be two wayshrines for the two southern dragons? ZOS listened to our complaints about there being too little wayshrines in greymoor and in blackwood, it will be 2 years of complains, but it is better late than never to install the new wayshrines.
Edited by Aliyavana on July 15, 2021 9:46PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know how many times I've died from fall damag on that map... despite the NPC saying 'watch your step in the Stiches'? :lol: I agree, another shrine would have been nice, especially for the middle dragon.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah. I won’t bother with those dragons I can’t easily reach.

@ZOS_Kevin , is this something that you can pass on to the powers that be to make this happen? (Please)
    Edited by OutLaw_Nynx on July 15, 2021 10:02PM
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah. I won’t bother with those dragons I can’t easily reach.

same...I stick to the north dragon because the other spots are too much of a pain to get to
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think they wanted Dragon farming to be too easy. Which in retrospect wasnt really neccesary. They take quite a while to kill (even with a zerg), the xp you get isnt great and the loot isn't all that good either.

I think the best thing to do is only having one dragon up at a time so if you turn up at one you know other people will too.

And if anyone didnt know you can tell if a Dragon is being fought and get a rough idea how much health it has left by looking at its icon on the map. If the icon is flashing people are fighting it. If the icon looks broken the dragon is low on health and you probably don't have long to get there.
    Edited by FluffWit on July 15, 2021 10:06PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    I don't think they wanted Dragon farming to be too easy. Which in retrospect wasnt really neccesary. They take quite a while to kill (even with a zerg), the xp you get isnt great and the loot isn't all that good either.

I think the best thing to do is only having one dragon up at a time so if you turn up at one you know other people will too.

And if anyone didnt know you can tell if a Dragon is being fought and get a rough idea how much health it has left by looking at its icon on the map. If the icon is flashing people are fighting it. If the icon looks broken the dragon is low on health and you probably don't have long to get there.

Dragon farming is already hard with interest in them waning, so less people to group up to do them. People simply only go to southern elsweyr to do dragon things since the issue with northern elsweyr dragons hasnt been fixed.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    FluffWit wrote: »

Dragon farming is already hard with interest in them waning, so less people to group up to do them. People simply only go to southern elsweyr to do dragon things since the issue with northern elsweyr dragons hasnt been fixed.

Sorry I do agree about the lack of Wayshrines.

They actually added two in Western Skyrim because of similar problems with the Harrowstorms.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One at Cicatrice and one at Weeping Scar.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wasn't aware interest was waning in these while I was farming them every day (in rotation) for the past 2-3 weeks in both maps.

*shrugs*
    love is love
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should add one wayshrine south of The Stitches. That would provide easy access to both southern dragons.
    The Moot Councillor
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can take both western skyrim and reach quest for harrowstorm, do 1 in the reach and it will complete both quests. Isn’t it the same with Elsweyr?
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    One at Cicatrice and one at Weeping Scar.

Or south of Orcrest, at the end of the main road.

Anyway, yes, more QoL for the world events please and not only the North Elsweyr dragons. I still don't understand why they didn't added an "active" icon to dolmens and geysers after adding one to the harrowstorms ...
    tonyblack wrote: »
    You can take both western skyrim and reach quest for harrowstorm, do 1 in the reach and it will complete both quests. Isn’t it the same with Elsweyr?

I tried, it didn't work for Elsweyr. You have to do 3 north and then 3 south ^^'
    Edited by ZigoSid on July 16, 2021 7:41AM
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As we already had an Elsweyr celebration in 2019 and no one complained,they most likely won't add any new wayshrines there now 2 years after release.
    Just do the ones in South Elsweyr if you dislike traveling.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember back when I was farming these (when elsweyr was new), I would just ride back and forth between the two southern ones. /shrug
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As we already had an Elsweyr celebration in 2019 and no one complained,they most likely won't add any new wayshrines there now 2 years after release.

Plenty of other things to complain about, though the few wayshrines could make the zone be used less, decreasing the value of that part of the game.

That should be of concern!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should consider adding some wayshrines. It would draw in more players. Now it's essentially a dead zone.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

there was a few complaint threads tho
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same issues now that event is up
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

there was a few complaint threads tho

They weren't anyone important so they didn't count! You only count if you like exactly how it is!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This event has reminded me why I didn't like N. Elsweyr. It's worse than Wrothgar or Craglorn for general travel. Just doing surveys/treasure maps is a right pain.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.