Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Events and guild planning

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    And the article on the year 1 celebration is up several weeks earlier than usual! Thank you @ZOS_Kevin!

Where is the article? I didn't see it on the main site and I can't find it on the forum. It's probably just me being an idiot, but it would be helpful to know where to look in future.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Sirvaleen
    Sirvaleen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    And the article on the year 1 celebration is up several weeks earlier than usual! Thank you @ZOS_Kevin!

Where is the article? I didn't see it on the main site and I can't find it on the forum. It's probably just me being an idiot, but it would be helpful to know where to look in future.

I didn't see any article either but from another thread :

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7355898#Comment_7355898

Apparently now you have to check Tweeter...
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sirvaleen wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7355898#Comment_7355898

Thanks. :)

I do use Twitter, but that site is a mess, on your news feed everything gets jumbled together seemingly at random (new stuff will be in between posts from 3 days ago and ones from yesterday) and the only option for something more specific is to be notified every time an account posts or to follow vague (and often wildly inaccurate) topics. It's fine if you just want to kill some time by reading a random selection of things from the accounts you follow, or if you already know about a recent post so you can go and look for it (finding older ones is harder) but I don't think it's a useful source for news.

I was hoping being told about events in advance would mean articles on the main website, or at least a post on the forum. We have a section called Events & Contests which says "Discover official and player-run contests and in-game events". That seems like a great place to put a sticky topic with info on the next upcoming official event/s.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Serenez
    Serenez
    ✭✭✭
    Sirvaleen wrote: »

Yes this was how I found out. This was the forum thread that I was referring to. Not everyone has Twitter or wants to use Twitter, and there are quite a few people who do not visit the forums either.

What I propose is a streamlined approach to communication and possibly adding a 'communications hub' in game and on the website. Here it would have the most current 30 days of 'Official News Posts, Twitch Drops, Upcoming Events, Twitter feed posts - and promotional teasers etc that may be too brief to qualify for a 'news article'. . Have it all gathered in one place 'in game' AND on the website somewhere. As it stands info is being given in fragments. Go here for X and go here for Y and some people do not visit either X or Y. Many people do not go to the website or visit Twitter, however they 'may' visit a one stop shop in game where they can view everything at a glance. They have an option to visit website for more detailed information. Yes we have information in the ESO launcher however if the information is not posted on the website in the first place, it will not show up here. Having an in game Communication hub that has all the most current information at an easy glance I think would fix this issue :)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing which would be good to notify players of in advance is free play events.

This one isn't so bad because it's longer, so even if I only tell people now (after it's started) they'd likely have time to download it and give it a go, but some of the shorter ones I didn't bother telling any friends about because by the time I knew it was happening it was too late to persuade them to join in.

• Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS 100% needs to start putting official announcements and information here on the forums, even if it's just a link to an article on the site itself or whatever social media post there is. Plenty of people, myself included, don't use social media such as Twitter or FB for a variety of reasons, so we're not normally on those sites to see if anything ESO-related has been posted. This is the game's official forum; there's no reason important information shouldn't be made available here in some capacity as well as on social media. Putting it into the game as someone suggested would also work, as we already have the Announcements thing in-game. Important information could be added into that as well, for people who don't really use the forum OR social media.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS 100% needs to start putting official announcements and information here on the forums, even if it's just a link to an article on the site itself or whatever social media post there is. Plenty of people, myself included, don't use social media such as Twitter or FB for a variety of reasons, so we're not normally on those sites to see if anything ESO-related has been posted. This is the game's official forum; there's no reason important information shouldn't be made available here in some capacity as well as on social media. Putting it into the game as someone suggested would also work, as we already have the Announcements thing in-game. Important information could be added into that as well, for people who don't really use the forum OR social media.

Wonderfully put! Have an awesome. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

Wonderfully put! Have an awesome. :)

Agreed! I despise "social media"....