Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

67 Blue/Gray Screen Crashes on PS5

• madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another day, another blue screen crash at character selection on PS4 Pro. Brilliant coding guys.
  • Titanium
    Titanium
    ✭✭✭
    I encountered a crash/freeze at "Hidden Moon Crypts" in Northern Elsweyr. The game would just freeze, no crash reporting screen. I could not even switch out to PS menu. I had to force restart the PS5 by holding down the power button. Then maybe, sometimes the crash reporting screen would come up.

This happened 6 or 7 times in a row. I would restart the game, log into that character, and it would freeze/lockup again. I might be able to move just a fraction, but that's it.

To get out of that restart-freeze loop, I was able to switch to the PS4 version of the game, complete the quest and then switch back to the PS5 version.

For others without a PS4, or on PS5 who had deleted the PS4 version, I would assume they would be simply be stuck in that instance, unable to even open a support ticket from in-game.
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Collected skyshards yesterday. Whenever I tried to leave a delve, I crashed.

Super fun!😀
  • Titanium
    Titanium
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing, doing The Study of Souls in The Reach, zoning into the Halls of Arkthzand.

The game just freezes. I just wait 30 seconds to a minute for the SONY crash reporter screen to come up, and tell them about the problem.

ZOS is not ever going to revisit this. It has been 40 days since July 15 when they last responded.
  • Titanium
    Titanium
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, still no luck with the PS4 version of the game on the PS5. I just keep crashing. The character is stuck in that instance for good now.
  • Titanium
    Titanium
    ✭✭✭
    Thankfully I still have my PS4 online and was able to complete the quest there. This definitely needs to be looked at. Hopefully ZOS will take a look and update us. Promptly.
  • The_Graeh
    The_Graeh
    Soul Shriven
    I've given up on the ps5 version and gone back to the ps4. A brief summary:
    Ps5 Fidelity mode = multiple crashes per hour (mostly load screens).
    Ps5 Performance mode = multiple crashes per day (mostly load screens)
    Ps4 backwards compatible = multiple crashes per week (mostly CP menu exit and load screens).

Crash Roulette exists in all versions.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still crashing daily as well. Hope the next update addresses this problem.

Stay safe everyone and ZOS please fix the green tree micromanaging :)
  • Lichtritter
    Lichtritter
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_Kevin,

Dear Gina, dear Kevin,

we still deal with this issue daily. My game keeps crashing on ps5 version whenever i change the character or change the zone in the most cases. I thought about reinstalling the whole game , but i do not want to make it worse and i do not understand why some people are more affected than others. In comparison i know another player who does not install the ps5 version on his console , because he does not want to be affected , but he also bought a playstation 5. I miss the days when i had almost 0 gamecrashes and hope that you are working on a solution regarding the imminent launch of Waking Flames DLC.

Please let us know.

Kind Regards,
    Edited by Lichtritter on September 1, 2021 10:46AM
    Plattform PS5 - EU Server - PVP und PVE Spieler - PSN ID: Lichtritter-
    YouTube Kanal: Lichtritter-
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any updates to this issue yet?
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any updates to this issue yet?

Looks like we will see if anything has been done with the upcoming patch this week. It was delayed to better address console specific issues.
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently got a PS5.
    So far I've experienced 1 freeze and 1 crash.
    The freeze happened in IC and the crash happened in DSA.
    Both of these was kinda random because nothing too intense was happening on screen.

I've been playing in Cyrodiil without any crashes so far, even during the most intense battles in a locked campaign. That was usually what caused "blue screens" on PS4.
    PS | EU
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePianist wrote: »
    Its not ESO, its ps5. Go to reddit or youtube and type in "ps5 crashing", you will see hundreds of videos about it. Literally.

My old raggedy 2014 ps4 is still healthy as a horse.

100% ESO. I’ve had my PS5 since launch and it has crashed two (2) times. Both times were on Miles Morales. Stopped crashing after the devs for that game released a patch.

I haven’t played ESO since getting my PS5, and threads like this are why. 90+ crashes is unacceptable for any user to endure. I used to be a year-round ESO+ subscriber, and uninstalled over a year ago due to atrocious PS4 performance. I still check in every so often to see if it’s safe to install my favourite MMO again, and the answer is still a resounding nope…
  • The_Graeh
    The_Graeh
    Soul Shriven
    Since the update 31 I've had three crashes while exiting the CP menu, but no crashes while traveling between zones yet. Progress!
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No crashes changing zones for me either (or not many), but increase in the CP ones and many more random walking around crashes
    PS4 EU
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unacceptable.

Since June 9th, my system has crashed 67 times specifically while playing Elder Scrolls Online. I know because you can see the recorded date and time of every single error on the system history. Often the game just crashes while just sitting there idle.

How many times has the game crashed for other software in that time period? 2. TWICE. One time each for two separate games.

Reporting it or making an incident reports seems like an exercise in futility. I mean am I to make a ticket for EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE CRASHES? Am I supposed to write a description of the same thing each time and send it in to Sony? It’s not as if I can simply cut and paste the same thing over and over. That’s just as time consuming on a system that doesn’t come with a keyboard.

This is as bad as Dragonhold and rightly so I’m concerned about what damage it can be doing to my expensive and extremely hard to replace new system. Dragonhold’s crashes forced me to replace my internal HDD as it was literally destroyed and unable to load other games after constant crashes. An internal HDD on a PS4 Pro less than 6 months old.

@ZOS_Kevin can we get an official and detailed response as to what is going on, what is being done to address the clearly severe issues, and when a remedy can be expected?

Whenever my game crashes PSN ask me to provide info about the game and what I was doing to cause the crash. Hopefully Sony is sharing that with ZOS.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, thank you to those who provided a update around improvements on the crashing issue. We're glad you're experiencing improvements. We are still keeping tabs on this thread for feedback (it's bookmarked). Thanks, all.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, thank you to those who provided a update around improvements on the crashing issue. We're glad you're experiencing improvements. We are still keeping tabs on this thread for feedback (it's bookmarked). Thanks, all.

As an early adopter for the PS4 I saw similar things with DCUO back in 2013. What I see now with the PS5 and ESO is no different. The code just needs to be tweaked to work with the better hardware to ensure that the game isn't crashing on us regularly and I'm sure with time the game crashing issues will decrease in volume.

The game always crashes for me whenever I am in a group and enter into any of the PVP zones. Happened last night, that is my biggest crashing issue at the moment.

Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on September 21, 2021 2:20PM
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi @Trackdemon5512, thanks again for letting us know about the crashing issue occurring on the PS5. We are aware of the issue and currently work toward a solution. Fixing this issue is very important to us and your feedback is valuable in this effort. We encourage you to submit any additional info in this thread or the PS5 error reporter. This will help to provide us with information to better address the crashes you are currently experiencing.

@ZOS_Kevin

Known Circumstances Preceding System Crashes (CE-108255-1):

1) Traveling between Player Owned Homes
    2) Traveling to other Players in other Zones/Homes
    3) Simply Switching Instances
    4) Switching Between Characters on an Account
    5) Returning to the Game after the PS5 has gone into Rest Mode
    6) Attempting to Log On a Character after Sign Out due to Inactivity
    7) City of Ash 2 notable for being an almost Guaranteed Crash
    8) Attempting to enter some BGs and dungeons
    9) Attempting to complete the Thieves Guild main quests

I’ve also contacted members in several large guilds who own PS5 to count their crashes. I’m getting total numbers from multiple people in the range of 22 to 80 system crashes within the last month, the average total of which presenting a left skewing distribution curve. These members state that while some have submitted tickets the number of crashes are so great that filing a report for each crash is repetitive and a waste of their time.

I kept being disconnected on a character that was in Reapers March. I could not load that character until I deleted the game and the saved data. I reinstalled and was able to load and travel out of Reapers March.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread in PLAYSTATION TECHNICAL SUPPORT . Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.