The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stamina variants viability in BGs

spurned
spurned
✭✭
Hello. I've given ESO a try back when the previous chapter was released. And while I did enjoy most of the content, PVP makes or breaks an online game for me. Speaking of preference I've never enjoyed mag classes. I don't want to start any form of controversy but the reason I stopped playing was the inability, most of it my own, to challenge the dominant magicka builds at the time. Which had surprisingly easy rotations: beefy heals and 1-2 offense spammables.
So the TL;DR of it is: can I "get away" now with playing a stamina variant in BGs without investing more effort than a magicka one? If so what would be the easier classes? Since I'm under no illusion I can pull off a stamblade, which has the best aesthetic imo, right off the bat.
Thank you.
  • shrekt4303
    shrekt4303
    ✭✭
    Stamina dps is king of pvp right now with only magplar, magsorc, and maybe heal warden and magcro as being relevent for magicka. If you want easy play stamplar or warden. If you wanna tank 3 people and still hit hard play stamcro. If you wanna run around to try to burst down play stamsorc. There are even brawler stamblade builds out there.
  • Brander12
    Brander12
    ✭✭
    You have to play magicka sorc or templar. Or don't play at all. That's the conception of Blackwood pvp.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam builds have been dominating for a while, and only since the Q1 update this year have mag builds been brought somewhat up to their level.

Easiest stam spec to play IMO is Warden. They're tanky. They hit hard. Extremely good survivability. Better group support than any other stam spec. Not complicated to play. All the important buffs are accessible within your class, making it easy to build the char the way you like. They even have a strong class stamina-based burst heal, making Rally (and therefore 2h) optional. And they work with a lot of different setups. A friend of mine plays a heavy-armor bow brawler stamDen that gets great results.
  • spurned
    spurned
    ✭✭
    shrekt4303 wrote: »
    Stamina dps is king of pvp right now with only magplar, magsorc, and maybe heal warden and magcro as being relevent for magicka. If you want easy play stamplar or warden. If you wanna tank 3 people and still hit hard play stamcro. If you wanna run around to try to burst down play stamsorc. There are even brawler stamblade builds out there.

Not to undermine your genuinely informative reply but it seems, currently, the only non relevant magicka classes are DK and nightblade. If true then this might be the meta, or lack thereof, that I've been waiting for. Thank you for your input.
  • spurned
    spurned
    ✭✭
    Brander12 wrote: »
    You have to play magicka sorc or templar. Or don't play at all. That's the conception of Blackwood pvp.

That was true the other times I've dipped my toe into into this game. I'm hopeful things might have shifted a bit due to the recent enthusiasm or envy over stamina builds. Which always seemed exaggerated even back in the heyday of stamdks and stamblades.
    Thank you for all your comments. I now have some idea about the recent update.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shrekt4303 wrote: »

Don't play stamplar if you want it easy lmfao
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk if you play a different game to me - Stamina is unbelievably easy to perform well on in comparison to mag. Mag is "only" equal/better in premade vs premade games, and even that is debatable
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!