The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Any endeavor tracking addons?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know of an addon which can display endeavors on screen, similar to the games quest tracker?

I find it annoying to have to keep opening the group menu to remind myself what the options are or to check my progress, when I'm actively working on them I'd like the option to have them on screen.
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, thanks for this! It's a great add-on and will make it much easier to keep track of my progress with endeavours.

If I can make one request is it possible to add a way to hide the icon? I like to keep my UI pretty minimal and I think the chat command is a good way of opening and closing the menu, so I don't really need it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, will do :smile: In all honesty, the current version is pretty much what I wrote in two days, and it's going to receive lots of tweaking and fine-tuning in the next few days/weeks. I just figured you'd like to have it sooner!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do really appreciate it. I was surprised there didn't seem to any addons which did this when I first started looking, it seems like an obvious thing for one to do to me (or maybe it's just me who can't remember the specifics after swapping characters) so it's great to have something.

I look forward to seeing what you do with it in future! :)

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also something weird just happened when I finished my daily endeavours:

8FdZMZA.jpg

The last one I completed was 'kill 10 humanoid foes' and I noticed it didn't update when I killed the 10th person. I hit the refresh button and that happened. It's showing my progress accurately but somehow swapped Excavate 25 antiquities into the daily list and collect 5 cloth-producing plants into weekly.

The bug persisted through a loading screen and when I hit the refresh button it swapped 'collect 5 cloth-producing plants' with 'kill 10 humanoid foes'. Logging out to character select and back in fixed it.

No idea how that could happen, but then what I know about how addons work is a very short list!

• Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that screenshot with the messed up lists! Other people have pointed out a similar issue to me which I've fixed, but this one's new hah. It's to do with the way endeavors are coded into the system and how they're updated, which is something that's a bit difficult to test by myself on the PTS, so screenshots like this one are much appreciated.

I'll try to push a fix for this very soon!
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I downloaded that sooooooo fast. :D
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right, so the latest version (v1.1.2) *should* have fixed these issues, and if not, please do report them here or on the addon page on ESOUI!

I've also thrown in some customization options in the settings menu, so you can finally hide that icon, amongst other things :wink:
  • Monroe585
    Monroe585
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Also something weird just happened when I finished my daily endeavours:

8FdZMZA.jpg

The last one I completed was 'kill 10 humanoid foes' and I noticed it didn't update when I killed the 10th person. I hit the refresh button and that happened. It's showing my progress accurately but somehow swapped Excavate 25 antiquities into the daily list and collect 5 cloth-producing plants into weekly.

The bug persisted through a loading screen and when I hit the refresh button it swapped 'collect 5 cloth-producing plants' with 'kill 10 humanoid foes'. Logging out to character select and back in fixed it.

No idea how that could happen, but then what I know about how addons work is a very short list!

Same thing happened to me.
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monroe585 wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me.

@Monroe585 Could you please check if you're using the latest version of the addon? They should have been fixed with my last update. If these issues to happen after you update, please leave a screenshot here so I can work on a fix.