The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Crown store prices are too high

GodKingScormxon
GodKingScormxon
✭✭✭
I feel that a lot of the items on the crown store cost too much I mean come on no item that can be replicated infinity with out every running out of stock should cost more than a $20 value also I feel that everything on the crown store should be in the crown crates at the crown crates replaced with a better system like crown packs that gives 7 cards with a guaranteed random crown crate per pack at the same price and same numbers per package as the crown crates them selves. And there crown crates are a prime example of a product that can be replicated infinity people probably buy the items on the crown store for alternate accounts thus again making those items on the crown store having the possibility of being replicated infinity but this problem isn't just this game but all items that are virtual can be replicated infinity and if this franchise decided to lower their prices Permanently or double the amount of crowns per package and keeped the items on the crown store the same they would be the first to prove that they are not greedy even though people would spend more money because the deals are better and they like the game more the more people like the game the more money they will sound on the game the more sales the game would make.
  • MatarRebel
    MatarRebel
    ✭✭
    Punctuation FTW.
    "In all things reward only Truth and Fact; opinion and popular hysteria lead only away from Truth." ~Unknown Stoic
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prices are definitely too high but nothing can be done at this point. People have been wasting money on this stuff for years so no chance zos will lower cost & cut into their profits
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    six2fall wrote: »
    Prices are definitely too high but nothing can be done at this point. People have been wasting money on this stuff for years so no chance zos will lower cost & cut into their profits

Maybe, but to the OP’s point, there’s no recurring cost for virtual items. If they cut the prices in half and double the sales that is the same profit, and many more happy customers. Halving the price could potentially triple sales. Just need to find that peak in the profit curve. I find it odd how much these items cost relative to the price of the game, or full DLC’s, and how much more than micro transactions in other games

Now I’m sure there are some marketing experts with models and predictions that tell them to keep prices high, but they’re not necessarily correct. They might be, predicting consumer behavior is not an exact science, especially for non-essentials like virtual cosmetics.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 11, 2021 7:23AM
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    The only way prices will go down is if Microsoft or the government tells that there prices are too high to the point of it being like a scam or if people complain about it enough to the point that they realize they could be making more money by cutting prices because the better the deal the more sales that are made. And new internet regulations can also force millions of games to cut there cost on virtual items because we all know tons of games are guilty of over charging not just this one but all of them at least it's not as bad as RuneScape there prices are worse but someday the united state government may enforce new laws prevent a company from charging more than a specific amount on virtual goods because the stocks never run out it just takes people voting for better regulations on the internet.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    I strongly disagree with putting all the items into crates. My poll shows that 42% of players (population size of 81), don't touch crates.

If anything only "elite"/whale items like apex mounts should be crate items. High risk, high reward. I can tell you now that if all items like cosmetics, mounts, pets, furnishings, etc--were put into crates, I'd quit ESO permanently.
    Edited by Syrpynt on July 12, 2021 3:57AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Granted, prices can be too high for my bank account, but if prices were too high for the market then Zenimax would not make much revenue from the cash shop. Players are obviously purchasing enough cash shop items to keep the stockholders happy.
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    If every item on the store could be in a crate I would buy them again I stopped buying crates because I mostly only get bottom rewards.
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    But my luck in real life has been naturally low so that's probably why I don't get good rewards for them the same is mostly true for other games I play.