The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Minion - Offscreen!

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Anyone use Minion?

It shows up offscreen all the time. It is a pain to get it moved back in a viewable area. Anyone know how to fix this?
PC
PS4/PS5
  • madcattery
    madcattery
    Soul Shriven
    You can perhaps try to edit the minion.xml file and set the X and Y yourself. (when the program is closed )
    C:\Users\<your windows username>\.minion\minion.xml

• Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See if the red Minion icon is at the system try. Right click it and choose "Reset position" so it should jump back to center of your monitor 1 or 2.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    See if the red Minion icon is at the system try. Right click it and choose "Reset position" so it should jump back to center of your monitor 1 or 2.

I know this is old, but I do not see this reset option and it still shows up offscreen (above the main monitor where nothing is) when it is minimized.

I used to have quad monitors and it may be showing at the place of the one that used to be above my "main screen".

I have a curved widescreen as the main now and only 2 monitors, so I am not sure why it still thinks something is up there. This has been the case for many months.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Lucifer_Sam
    Lucifer_Sam
    ✭✭
    Try this. Start Minion. Hold the Shift key and right click the icon in the task bar. Select Move in the menu. You should then be able to use your arrow keys to move the window into view.

It should then hopefully stay there after you close it and restart the program.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Try this. Start Minion. Hold the Shift key and right click the icon in the task bar. Select Move in the menu. You should then be able to use your arrow keys to move the window into view.

It should then hopefully stay there after you close it and restart the program.

It is visible when it starts. The problem comes up when I minimize it and then restore it.

I did fine I can make sure it is active and hit Alt-space and choose Maximize. That brings it to a visible area, ironically without maximizing it.

Annoying, but maybe it is something odd about my setup.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Lucifer_Sam
    Lucifer_Sam
    ✭✭
    Try looking at your minion.xml file. You should find this entry:

<client>
    <concurrent-updates>2</concurrent-updates>
    <game-scan-depth>4</game-scan-depth>
    <position height="688.0" width="1204.0" x="100.0" y="100.0"/>

The bottom line with x=100 y=100 is the default position of the window, which is 100 pixels down and 100 pixels across from the corner of your display. See if your file says different.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive always noticed an issue with minion when minimizing it too (i usually just kill it from task manager and reopen it and try to avoid minimizing)

if you have to alt+space and choose maximize, it makes me think that there is some bug with minion

(maximize in this instance could be referring to pulling the application back up, since "minimize" is just what pushes it to the task bar and "maximize" reopens it, but just clicking on the application icon in the task bar should be able to maximize it by default and it is not)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ive always noticed an issue with minion when minimizing it too (i usually just kill it from task manager and reopen it and try to avoid minimizing)

if you have to alt+space and choose maximize, it makes me think that there is some bug with minion

(maximize in this instance could be referring to pulling the application back up, since "minimize" is just what pushes it to the task bar and "maximize" reopens it, but just clicking on the application icon in the task bar should be able to maximize it by default and it is not)

That is interesting.

It is

<position height="688.0" width="1204.0" x="740.0" y="93.33333587646484"/>

which seems to be where it shows up when I open it for the first time. It goes "above the visible area" if I minimize and reopen it.

I stumbled on Maximize. I was trying moving which sometimes worked, after putting my cursor in the upper left of the screen.

Though you are right, the Maximize option puts it where I would have expected it.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just right click the Minion icon in the system tray and choose "Reset position". This should bring it to your main screen center again.