Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Riddle quests

slimwaffle
slimwaffle
✭✭✭
whats with all the riddle quests? Zos being like "Are you paying attention?".
No man I'm not. Just give me the answer so I can move on and get back to end game stuff.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which riddle quests? Most of them do have clues around as well as good ol' trial and error.

As far as the Blackwood ones go, I don't even bother looking at the shiny Daedric runes I'm supposed to match. I just poke the rotating cubes until something happens. I even trial and errored my way through a drinking contest before I realized the solution was in a nearby journal.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 3, 2021 4:05PM
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    Which riddle quests? Most of them do have clues around as well as good ol' trial and error.

As far as the Blackwood ones go, I don't even bother looking at the shiny Daedric runes I'm supposed to match. I just poke the rotating cubes until something happens. I even trial and errored my way through a drinking contest before I realized the solution was in a nearby journal.

I just google the correct sequences lol
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, it's a sad thing.
    Many would remember the cubes of SE, maddening, but a way to keep brain engaged, and the examples may be many.

Now with those fake riddles in Blackwood I felt hurt, treated by Zos as a dumbwit good only to mash a lever/button.

The riddle in ESO were never at the level of some solo games, like those of Nathan Drake or Tomb Raider, but were at least decent. Now...
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They do give the answer 99% of the time in a nearby book or something.

The ones that are in the game are either mindnumingly easy you can just keep pressing buttons, or a few which make no apparent sense at all.

One that doesn't seem to make sense is the levers in the main quest line at Sancre Tor. There was also some color-based quest in I think Stonefalls which was very obtuse.

But usually it's just 'make the things here look like the pictures on the wall'.
    PC NA
  • what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    slimwaffle wrote: »
    whats with all the riddle quests? Zos being like "Are you paying attention?".
    No man I'm not. Just give me the answer so I can move on and get back to end game stuff.

/agree
    I loved playing The Secret World +(legends) , but they had those investigative quests which were absolute bonkers, very cryptic stuff, you actually had to go online to find some clues. Super involved stuff, it make ESO puzzles seem trivial.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    They do give the answer 99% of the time in a nearby book or something.

The ones that are in the game are either mindnumingly easy you can just keep pressing buttons, or a few which make no apparent sense at all.

One that doesn't seem to make sense is the levers in the main quest line at Sancre Tor. There was also some color-based quest in I think Stonefalls which was very obtuse.

But usually it's just 'make the things here look like the pictures on the wall'.

Extremely efficient deterrant of thieves/grave-robbers/evil necromancers/whatever.

Like having a safe, and the right code to it written in neon lights just above! :D
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume OP is speaking of the quests with puzzles. This comes from previous TES games such as Skrim, though they were done better there IMO. So anyone who has been around TES before ESO will remember this.