Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Poor Design

slimwaffle
slimwaffle
✭✭✭
I get that 3 teams is lore friendly but its just bad design.
Small scale pvp in this game has many problems. The one that stops it being fun in my opinion is the lack of flow.
Poor map design, 3 teams and game modes that require people to be running all over the shop.
There are no defined combat lanes.
It is a serious problem as 9/10 teams have no idea of where to stand to be positioned correctly.
And majority of team wipes come from being blind sided by the team your not fighting yet.

Now granted most teams actually cause this by pushing up for kills and not really understanding how to stay safe.

On its own these things wouldn't be a big problem. But the high damage and poor performance mean that if you get blindsided
your team will almost always die.

I think zos really should take another look at this.

I have literally watched people start playing, enjoy the pve, try battlegrounds and then stop playing entirely because of how bad it is.

2 teams of 6-12 players would work much better I reckon. And close up some areas of the maps making more defined lanes of traffic.

• Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, I've seen posts like this before and I don't agree. In current state, you have to sacrifice something, either go on offence or go on defense, but whatever you choose you might sacrifice something.

For example in capture the relic that people often complain about, you have to choose what to do, but whatever you choose there is a cost. In two team scenario that wouldn't be the case, you would see some on defense and some on offence, there wouldn't be any sacrifice. And I like that it's not all cut and clear as to what to do, it spicing up things. I know it's hard to win with players that never touched BGs, but we all start somewhere. And there are bigger problems in PvP then this.

I would rather prefer they nerf defensive ability stacking that makes some players immortals. Only tanks should take that amount of damage that they do. And I play BGs every day and sometimes whole night, never seen once people complaining about the mode, maybe once in a month I do, but its very rare, its more about those cancer builds that absorb most damage and in return nuking you like a bug.