The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What did happen to Abnur Tharn in Elsweyr Epilogue? (Spoilers)

• Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    With ESO being in a play in any order Abnur has to be alive so he's under some comic book styled "death" so he can show up sometime later if needed.

Exactly, he can't die, because if you started your journey in the Elsweyr chapter, you will encounter him somewhere else (Main Quest). The "play in any order" approach has butchered the opportunity for any impactful event concerning main characters.

There could be a workaround for this though, like what I proposed in a comment in this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/618186/ideas-to-improve-the-elder-scroll-online/p1
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the game's earlier stages (very early prerelease stuff to be specific) he would supposedly eventually become zurin arctus (tiber septim's battlemage) and since alkosh/akatosh had some involvement in dragonhold maybe he got sent forward in time.
    Edited by Cazador on October 27, 2022 12:11AM
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cazador wrote: »
    In the game's earlier stages (very early prerelease stuff to be specific) he would supposedly eventually become zurin arctus (tiber septim's battlemage) and since alkosh/akatosh had some involvement in dragonhold maybe he got sent forward in time.

Where did you get this? No where in TES Lore does it say Abnur becomes Zurin.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazador wrote: »

Where did you get this? No where in TES Lore does it say Abnur becomes Zurin.

You are correct, I probably didn't phrase that quite right. It was some old planned stuff that got scrapped before the game's release from what I can tell. I found it on the uesp lore page for zurin arctus to be specific. It is mentioned in the notes section at the bottom of the page.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Zurin_Arctus
    Edit: I read the source linked in the uesp article and it was basically an plan that Lawrence Schick had for Abnur Due to long exposure to the amulet of kings but it seems he was told no.

Edited by Cazador on October 27, 2022 6:47AM