The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why can't we edit polls or delete messages/posts?

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
We all do mistakes, and we should have the ability at least for 10 mins or 1 hour to be able to edit what we did or remove it.
We fail , we learn.
I just don't understand.
Edited by francesinhalover on June 30, 2021 8:37PM
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Lephrel
    Lephrel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can edit both stuff easily.
    To remove sth, you can edit a discussion or comment to read "delete please", a helpful mod will usually help you out (if it doesn't work, maybe tag someone).
    Delete option would be really nice though.
    Edited by Lephrel on June 30, 2021 9:26PM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lephrel wrote: »
    To remove sth, you can edit a discussion or comment to read "delete please", a helpful mod will usually help you out (if it doesn't work, maybe tag someone).

Unfurtunaly you can't edit polls, so if you do a poll and it says challange instead of challenge, you can get ready for 10 people to make fun of it.
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well not being able to edit polls is probably a good choice to avoid trolling. Imagine if you could start a poll, say "do you prefer pvp or pve" get a ton of results and then change the question to "do you sniff your own farts".....
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd think editing polls would be self-explanatory. It's probably to prevent someone posting one poll, then editing it into something entirely different to troll the community.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more inclined to think it's something to do with this gimped forum software; vanilla hasn't ever had really great stuff, nothing close to phpBB3.
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    NoSoup wrote: »
    Well not being able to edit polls is probably a good choice to avoid trolling. Imagine if you could start a poll, say "do you prefer pvp or pve" get a ton of results and then change the question to "do you sniff your own farts".....

Hahahahaha
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NoSoup wrote: »

I agree with this. Heck, in the short time I have been around I have seen polls that were purposely biased. Allowing the editing of polls can lead to heavy trolling and completely destroy the already limited usefulness of polls.

It is probably best to plan out the poll to start with and copy and paste your work into the creating of the poll. It would not eliminate errors but would allow time for planning and catching mistakes as long as one is not rushing themselves.
  • NylAR
    NylAR
    ✭✭✭✭

Unfurtunaly you can't edit polls, so if you do a poll and it says challange instead of challenge, you can get ready for 10 people to make fun of it.

So what? Those 10 people obviously have way bigger problems if they do that lol. Let it make you smile not irritate you.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NylAR wrote: »

So what? Those 10 people obviously have way bigger problems if they do that lol. Let it make you smile not irritate you.

thank you :)