The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Endeavor: pick 5 locks

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
I've picked the locked door of "drinks-with.crabs's house" in Ebonheart, and inside I have picked the lock of a safebox: zero locks picked for the daily endeavor. Is this endeavor working ???
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Today I got the information from a pal in the German forum that you have to open the lock manually, not auto-unlock. I had the same problem.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, but they should write the the tooltip better
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    Today I got the information from a pal in the German forum that you have to open the lock manually, not auto-unlock. I had the same problem.

Thank you Lugaldu.
    Thanks, but they should write the the tooltip better

I agree with Rishikesa108.

PC | EU
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "auto-unlock" is forcing the lock, not picking it.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on June 30, 2021 4:00PM
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I try every day to translate the English language which is not my native one. Obviously linguistic subtleties and particular meanings can escape those who are not native speakers. A clearer explanation was needed, at least out of respect for non-English speaking players

• Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭

I try every day to translate the English language which is not my native one. Obviously linguistic subtleties and particular meanings can escape those who are not native speakers. A clearer explanation was needed, at least out of respect for non-English speaking players

I agree again with Rishikesa108 :)
    I'm not English speaking too :)
    PC | EU
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes but bizarrely it consumes lockpicks too so *shrug*.

Endeavor wording has been pretty unclear at times.
    PC NA
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »

I'm pretty sure actually picking a lock doesn't consume lockpicks unless you screw up and break one.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a difference between picking the lock and breaking the lock :D
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure actually picking a lock doesn't consume lockpicks unless you screw up and break one.

it definitely does.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • slan77
    slan77
    ✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

it definitely does.

if you dont break lock while doing it it will not consume your lockpick