The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PIT hero achievement bugged?

BlackAxiom
BlackAxiom
✭✭✭
any of my kills within BG are not progressing this achievement, constantly stuck at 172/250 which means i cannot complete this achievement
  • NikoNi7
    NikoNi7
    ✭✭
    Having the same problem here. Played 3 BGs, definitely landed kills, yet I am stuck at 749/1000, which was the number of points before entering BG.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been broken for a while now. I remember last year when I was in BG, it ONLY counted if I got the kills on the normal Capture the Flag and Domination.

Crazy King and Chaosball did NOT give kills towards the achievement and I don't know about Deathmatch as I never ran that one much.

I don't know if anything has changed since then, but it's possible that now none of them give achievement progress with the change to the queue.

A shame, because I really want that red dye.
  • NikoNi7
    NikoNi7
    ✭✭
    Is there any reason behind it? This is just infuriating. I did Deathmatch and Crazy King, can confirm they don't count towards achievement.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NikoNi7 wrote: »
    Is there any reason behind it? This is just infuriating. I did Deathmatch and Crazy King, can confirm they don't count towards achievement.

I don't think it's intended that only certain BGs give progress towards the achievement. I never heard any legit reason behind i, and I think I remember last year there was a thread talking about it not working too. I think this is legit a bug.

It's extra frustrating for me, because I dislike PVP and the only reason I run BG is in hope of getting progress to that shiny red dye....But no dice.

It's hard enough killing another player, it's hard enough killing a total of 1000 players, but even when you put in the effort and manage to snag a few kills and you still don't get any progress because it's bugged....it's very very disheartening.

If they aren't planning on fixing it, the least they can do is change the achievement requirements so that the dye is still attainable. We have so few true reds out there.

• NikoNi7
    NikoNi7
    ✭✭
    Keeping fingers crossed that someone from devs notices this!
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My achievement was stuck at 306 kills since before MYM started. I played every mode of BGs and it doesn't progress in either of them. The kills show up in the scoreboard and in deathmatch they award points as they should. Even other achievements for killing 100 class/race characters progress as usual, it's just the Pit Hero that's broken.

Also kill 40 players quest from Cyrodiil conquest board doesn't progress in BGs. Not by direct kills and not by assists.
  • Alendrin
    Alendrin
    ✭✭✭
    NikoNi7 wrote: »

Pretty much par for the course when it comes to PVP bugs, they don't even acknowledge much less fix it. I just noticed I was getting no kill credits under Pit Hero as well.

Make sure to report it in game though. While there's little evidence a person reads those, it probably is the best method.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Open support ticket for this and yes, its stopped counting during MYM event... great...
    Really sorry for my english
  • Miragent
    Miragent
    ✭✭✭
    Same. Progress stuck at 792/1000 right after last Monday's "hotfix". BG kills count for all the other achievement progress bars, I even got the Merciless title - without advancing Pit Hero progress. Reported the bug ingame.
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also noticed my kill counter for pit bully was stuck.
    But after Yormula experiencing the loss of their toon after trying to get an achievement fixed, I'm a bit nervous to report the bug.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    K9002 wrote: »
    My achievement was stuck at 306 kills since before MYM started. I played every mode of BGs and it doesn't progress in either of them. The kills show up in the scoreboard and in deathmatch they award points as they should. Even other achievements for killing 100 class/race characters progress as usual, it's just the Pit Hero that's broken.

Also kill 40 players quest from Cyrodiil conquest board doesn't progress in BGs. Not by direct kills and not by assists.

The Kill 40 players quest is very badly bugged even in Cyro. If you’re in a group and your groupmates are tagging the same targets as you, it will randomly give credit (or not) to group members on a kill, regardless of who has the killing blow, first hit, most damage, etc. The only way to get it to work like the Kill 20 is either not to be in group or to be so far away you’re targeting players who are not near your groupmates. That isn’t really feasible in BGs.

The quest has been bugged like that everywhere since it was introduced (with Summerset, iirc). ZOS surely knows — it’s been /bug reported and posted here enough over the years — but either the devs don’t know how or don’t have the resources to fix it.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I again reported bug for Pit Hero achv after MYM hotfix. There is so much bug now...
    Edited by davidtk on July 7, 2021 9:27PM
  • mergadeth
    mergadeth
    ✭✭✭
    Just ran into this for the first time tonight. Everything was progressing as normal until 937/1000. It won't progress anymore now. I was also only playing for the red dye. It hurts to be so close....

Anybody have a date this started happening to them? Mine was 7/8. Was it due to the hot fix after MYM? Either way, it feels bad and 9kinda invalidates any of the effort or time I spent on this achievement. If you can't tell, I also really don't like BG's and was doing them just for the dye.
  • Damico
    Damico
    ✭✭
    Started farming for the dye after creating my first PvP build, still at 0/1000.
  • yllygoden
    yllygoden
    Neither pit hero or any slayer achievements are progressing in battlegrounds anymore. I believe this started for me sometime during MYM, maybe 3 or 4 days into it.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, its started after some hyper duper hotfix during MYM. Many things are bugged after it...
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, great - I was just looking how to fast grind Pit Hero for this sweet red dye and it looks like there will be no grind at all :(
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Miragent
    Miragent
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know, is this bug account wide or just for one character?
  • BlackAxiom
    BlackAxiom
    ✭✭✭
    Miragent wrote: »

i think its completely bugged at moment sadly, i got some progress before the hotfixes during MyM
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's hope that it will be fixed with today patch.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Miragent wrote: »
    Wife told me today that on other character achievement worked. But who know how much broken is it...
    Let's hope that it will be fixed with today patch.
    Ye, only hope left for us... We will see.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And of course it's not in patch notes ;(
  • yllygoden
    yllygoden
    nothing in PTS patch notes either ;'(
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is some reaction from developer team? I am really tired from customer support...
    I have support tickets for almost everything since that maintenence during MYM...
  • mergadeth
    mergadeth
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember how but, is there a way to improve the chances of a community manager seeing this in the hopes they will respond in some way?
  • BlackAxiom
    BlackAxiom
    ✭✭✭
    mergadeth wrote: »
    I can't remember how but, is there a way to improve the chances of a community manager seeing this in the hopes they will respond in some way?

you can try tagging ZOS here
  • kavilhas
    kavilhas
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue, just wtf... No way they don't know about this yet, and it HAS to be an extremely easy fix. ZOS don't care and it shows.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still nothing in todays patch notes. Seriously? Is this even on list of things to fix?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have multiple characters and I'm still working towards Grand Champion, Conquering Hero and Bloodletter on some of them. Out of the 12 I've done during Mayhem event, 7 are still missing the latter, and so I have been able to track progress. Despite scoring dozens of kills in all game modes, the counter hasn't moved at all. One of them is still stuck at 915/1000, another one at 950/1000 and the remaining ones in the 600-700s. So it's not character or game mode specific, it's a general bug.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |