Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Game is unplayable, vet dlc rant and a possible solution

Luckylancer
Luckylancer
✭✭✭✭✭
-Que as DD for vet DLC dungeon: it takes ages to find a group
-Que as tank for vet dlc dungeon: It takes ages to clear dungeon because of dds
-Vet dlc trial: They want the achievment
-Guilds: I can't find anyone at guilds. People are too inexperienced for vet dlc stuff or too experienced and they don't want to bother with achievments and rewards they already got.

Vet base game trials and dungeons are too easy. Normal dlc dungeons and trials are too easy as well.

I can't play the dlc content I bought because there are tons of layers between me and the content. Devs don't support a solo content too, there is no solo mode on dungeons and trials.

Devs should look in to this. Game have a good new player experience but game sucks after player completes vet base game content and is looking for vet dlc content. If helping others to get dungeons' challenger achievments would give a healthy amount of transmute crystals or seals of endavours, most elite players would actively hunt down newer players to get rewards. This should be account wide otherwise elite players will get rewards together with alts of other elite players.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most vet players would just run a couple of random normal dungeons instead of going through the hassle of having to explain the vMOL twin mechanics to a bunch of new players.
    I do not disagree with the general intention behind your post, but that kind of compensation does not work imo. Players either want to teach or they don't.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »
    Most vet players would just run a couple of random normal dungeons instead of going through the hassle of having to explain the vMOL twin mechanics to a bunch of new players.
    I do not disagree with the general intention behind your post, but that kind of compensation does not work imo. Players either want to teach or they don't.

There is a disconnection between vMOL twins and vet CoA2. Difficulty curve is not actually that steep. I think people would be more willing to take vMOL first timers if they they have normal MoL achievment and scalecaller peak challenger achievment.

I can't even get a mere cradle of shadows challenger achievment because I can't find a group.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depending on what platform you're on, there are guilds that specialize in that content. If your goal is to tackle challengers and trifectas, I'd suggest seeking one of them out. It's a far more reliable way to get that content done.

• trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »

There is a disconnection between vMOL twins and vet CoA2. Difficulty curve is not actually that steep. I think people would be more willing to take vMOL first timers if they they have normal MoL achievment and scalecaller peak challenger achievment.

I can't even get a mere cradle of shadows challenger achievment because I can't find a group.

There is a steep difference between COA2 and vMOL twins. The latter is essentially a coordinated ballet with high Dps, on point tanking communication, and solid heals.

I would bring in someone to vMOL ONLY if they knew to get on comms, listen, and learn/follow mechanics.

I will argue that one of the biggest issues in recent years is that the amount of DPS expected of players is so high that they are told to ignore mechanics and push through. While that seems great for score runs it does nothing to encourage or help newer players who actually need to progress.

I would suggest you find a dedicated trial guild. While many have teams that run only vetDLC HM TRIAL stuff there are a number whose members are kind enough to tutor new players looking to learn. They have to as turnover is high once players start getting achievements.
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So… the games unplayable because you’re….

1. Impatient
    2. Haven’t taken the time to find a specific guild
    3. ?????

It’s easy to complain a lot about others when often the issue is a little more closer to home.
    Edited by Icy_Waffles on June 30, 2021 3:21PM
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could always take the lead and try to teach people. I was taught how to do so many vet dungeons after I returned to the game. This is only if they people you are running with wish to learn.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a trials guild. I usually allow up to 3 people with no prior clear in a vet dlc trials run (e.g. vMoL, vKA, vSS) as long as they either can wear the requested gear (support) or have posted the required parse (70K for basic vet dlc trials). My suggestion is to find a trials guild (also there's usually a subset of people in trials guilds looking for people to do dungeons with...). Any good trials guild will do this to help their members progress as players.

We also help farm gear and give feedback on parses, so we help members achieve the requirements rather than just blindly posting them.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finding players for end game content is becoming harder and harder in this game. Filling up trials in a summer time context is already hard to do....add horrible server lag to the PvP event....well...I think many are going to straight up leave for good... :/