The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People ganking quester instead of doing duels

Marcus_Aurelius
Marcus_Aurelius
✭✭✭✭✭
There are several places where if you want you can find other people to do a duel, instead we have people thet hop in their NB to go gank other players only interestred in doing quest.
I'm really curios on what motivate this kind of player in doing so, till know I have two hypothesis :

[snip]

What you think about it?

Note: please don't give me the "it's a pvp zone so you go at your risk". I do PvP all the time but prefer to follow some rules and respect other players.

[edited for baiting]
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on June 29, 2021 2:04PM
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sometimes funny depending on how they go about it; but often when I see video of who is doing it, I realize there is a reason they are. Just happening across someone is one thing, but the ones that camp that out, they have been "special" their entire life. One likely will even post their video on how funny they are any minute now.

Anyway. There is just a slight pity party to be had for both sides.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't PvP but if I did anyone would be fair game. Mid Year Mayhem would be like Christmas.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d0303715b83eb4870d117b495d15fe8436ad65aead9e8d06783549216865064e_1.jpg

Memes aside, ganking and camping is permitted in Cyrodiil as long as it doesn't escalate into harassment such as with TOS-breaking whispers or targeting only a specific player over and over again.

With that in mind, I confess I don't see the point in complaining about gankers and campers any more than I understand complaining about any other allowed playstyle in Cyrodiil. Or worse, insulting and armchair diagnosising people based on their playstyle. Bombers, gankers, campers, ball groups...they all come in for their fair share of insults from people who don't care for their playstyles, even though the playstyles are absolutely allowed and encouraged by ZOS.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got ganked trying to get a quest from Antias in Cropsford. I was only trying for boxes to get Star Made on a newer toon, so I could skip Antias without much worry. They whispered me: "40k gold and we let you do the quest" I told them they were pathetic, and they responded "No, we are poor, lol"

Soon after they left the building because they weren't getting any targets, never mind rubes to pay them a ransom. These were blues in Crops, so they had a long ride back after getting killed in the open. Imagine spending an hour in Cyro waiting to kill 3 people.

Just remove the door from her house, and maybe the quest building doors in Vlastrus and Bruma. It's the same process gankers used to use in resource towers, and zos removed those doors to solve the issue of being killed while loading in.

Or just avoid them - they are seriously gimping their own AP and box gains by doing such a boring thing. They tend to lose patience if you don't feed them.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got ganked trying to get a quest from Antias in Cropsford. I was only trying for boxes to get Star Made on a newer toon, so I could skip Antias without much worry. They whispered me: "40k gold and we let you do the quest" I told them they were pathetic, and they responded "No, we are poor, lol"

Soon after they left the building because they weren't getting any targets, never mind rubes to pay them a ransom. These were blues in Crops, so they had a long ride back after getting killed in the open. Imagine spending an hour in Cyro waiting to kill 3 people.

Just remove the door from her house, and maybe the quest building doors in Vlastrus and Bruma. It's the same process gankers used to use in resource towers, and zos removed those doors to solve the issue of being killed while loading in.

Or just avoid them - they are seriously gimping their own AP and box gains by doing such a boring thing. They tend to lose patience if you don't feed them.

For what it's worth, I also keep asking ZOS to fix the questgiver doors. Sadly, they don't seem interested in being consistent with how they handled resource doors.
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . Bombers, gankers, campers, ball groups...they all come in for their fair share of insults from people who don't care for their playstyles, even though the playstyles are absolutely allowed and encouraged by ZOS.

In my book there is a very big difference between someone that plays in a ball group/bomber/gank other people in castle/battle and someone that camp a quest hub for a daily endavour just to kill people while they speak with an NPC.

But hey, let them have their fun and let them think that they are good at PvP.

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have let the zone know people were doing that at crops. That would have brought some real PvP into the gankers lives.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called PK. They seek players, weaker than them, for the sole purpose of killing them, because it makes them feel better. That is why i stay away from all open pvp zones - they are usually filled with PKers.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now what happens if this PK isn't able to kill you? His fun lies in spoiling game to others and you spoil his fun with not dying.
    Then you get whisper in chat with petty insults and death wish on your head.
    Yea, they are mature and beneficial personalities of ESO society.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several places where if you want you can find other people to do a duel, instead we have people thet hop in their NB to go gank other players only interestred in doing quest.
    I'm really curios on what motivate this kind of player in doing so, till know I have two hypothesis :

[snip]

What you think about it?

Note: please don't give me the "it's a pvp zone so you go at your risk". I do PvP all the time but prefer to follow some rules and respect other players.

[edited for baiting]

There's no actual dueling zone in ESO. Don't say "you can duel in towns" because 95% of people in towns are doing PVE content not PVP. Plus you always get tossed into empty instances even if you wanted to find people to duel. There's no actual instance to do proper dueling. So you can't really blame them for doing that
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • HoosierPappy
    HoosierPappy
    ✭✭✭
    I babysat crops last night for a while.
    I let several get their "quests".
    I dropped 9 or 10 who tried to turn the flag.

Make up your mind!!
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    There's no actual dueling zone in ESO. Don't say "you can duel in towns" because 95% of people in towns are doing PVE content not PVP. Plus you always get tossed into empty instances even if you wanted to find people to duel. There's no actual instance to do proper dueling. So you can't really blame them for doing that

There are lot of places where you can find people to duel, not in Cyro but all over the world.
    Someone who attack another player while he talk or fight with npc only wants an easy kill because he can't win in fair fights.

• Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually leave questers alone, but when they start to attack me thinking they're going to get one up on me? I give them a blood port for free.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are lot of places where you can find people to duel, not in Cyro but all over the world.
    Someone who attack another player while he talk or fight with npc only wants an easy kill because he can't win in fair fights.

Not sure if you read what I said, open world is not designed for dueling. I've sat in auridon before and half of people have auto-decline on or they say "in PVE gear", or you join in auridon or stonefalls and it puts you into an empty instance. There is no proper dueling place in this game where you're guaranteed to get a duel, you just get lucky and find people who are up to duel, but that doesn't make it an actual designated duel spot. Most of the people in towns are questing/visiting the bank, talking to friends in area chat or playing music on area chat.
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on July 1, 2021 3:09PM

• The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I babysat crops last night for a while.
    I let several get their "quests".
    I dropped 9 or 10 who tried to turn the flag.

Make up your mind!!

This
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »
    I usually leave questers alone, but when they start to attack me thinking they're going to get one up on me? I give them a blood port for free.

This is so often happens to me. If I can tell that they’re a quester, I’ll stand there, making my presence known but not being the initial aggressor. About 7/10 times, they start attacking me first. I think, “Welp, time to remind you that I’m not a scripted PvE boss.”
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    Sephyr wrote: »

This is so often happens to me. If I can tell that they’re a quester, I’ll stand there, making my presence known but not being the initial aggressor. About 7/10 times, they start attacking me first. I think, “Welp, time to remind you that I’m not a scripted PvE boss.”

It happens to me a lot too. I'll let them get a few hits in and not hit them back, but the moment my health drops below 75%, I just get rid of them. If they come back and attack me again, I'll do the same thing and then get a bunch of hate tells telling me that I'm a garbage person for killing a PvEer when I'm just defending myself. :D Pretty sure some have even posted about it on the forum.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've sat in auridon before and half of people have auto-decline on or they say "in PVE gear",

It amused me evetime when I got suggestion for duel ,wearing Ebony armour. It was obvious that I wear support gear from three red ball around me, so I had to declined challenge regularly.
    I don’t get as much duel suggestion in other gears.
    Edited by Elendir2am on July 1, 2021 5:45PM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    I've sat in auridon before and half of people have auto-decline on or they say "in PVE gear",

It amused me evetime when I got suggestion for duel ,wearing Ebony armour. It was obvious that I wear support gear from three red ball around me, so I had to declined challenge regularly.
    I don’t get as much duel suggestion in other gears.

That's probably because it's meta now in PvP to wear tank gear now more than ever. Having 30k is very commonplace and there's a lot of dps builds with 40k+ health running around

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People who behave this way aren't doing it for AP or Pelinal's boxes. Their currency is other people's misery.

There's kind of no beating these guys. What they do isn't technically against the rules. ZOS has had seven years to remove doors and/or put in safe zones like they have in IC. They've chosen too do nothing and thus tacitly approve of despicable behavior.

And these people are despicable. They relish other people's frustration. They cherish other people's sadness. They crave other people's anger. You can /whisper them and tell them exactly what they unambiguously are, but why? To them, that's about the same as serving them an expensive gourmet dinner.

Even getting half the zone to come in and clear them out gives them what they want. "They sent a whole zerg after me!" That doesn't upset them. That thrills them. They're not upset; they're laughing, and they'll probably come right back.

The only way to beat these guys is to starve them: Ignore them until they get bored. And that's not really much of an option, either. This whole thing is a big part of why I don't do the town quests. I'd rather PVP for my boxes. If you can't stand PVP, I wish I had better advice than "go away and let them get bored." That's terrible advice; it's just that there's nothing better.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB here. I never attack questers in Cyro or IC unless they get froggy.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't attack unless attacked first in IC or in cyro near the quest-towns. If they are PvE-players, I have been i there shoes and wont grief them.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I've been doing the normal sort of routine to get the event tickets. Jump into Cyrodil play for a bit, and grab my two tickets. Then I'm off to the city for my last one. I guess because I'm just doing missions for the ticket by myself someone always thinks easy victim.

Last night two blue guys kept trying and trying. But for some odd reason it wasn't me that was dying. I thought it was rather funny especially when a mob of PvErs started chasing them around. Oh, and yes I'm in a PvP guild.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a pvp zone so you go at your risk
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC is like Arkham Asylum.