The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Tired of inferno staff. Is a warden stamina now good?

thalium
thalium
Only played magical and wanted to try stamina bow warden. Any thoughts?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Wardens are very versatile and great for tanks or DD playstyles. They are also very effective in PVP due to their versatile toolkit of class skills.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a magward dps with plenty of 'heal other' skills and I find her very fun & flexible. I also play a stamward bow/bow and enjoy her almost as much.

I play as a PvE soloist and find both provide solid survival, sustain and damage. And I kind of like that I can play them in somewhat of a similar fashion. They both use netch, lotus, bear, shalks and they can both heal their bear or nearby allies. For both of them, I build their rotation around shalks - 3 seconds for mag and 6 seconds for stam.

Very fun class!
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on June 29, 2021 12:34AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • thalium
    thalium
    Thank you. I've only played magic until now. Tired of the inferno staff. Solo play with shalks and bow has been fun, level 7.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thalium wrote: »
    Only played magical and wanted to try stamina bow warden. Any thoughts?

Personally i love my wardstam 2handed gurl. Goid dmg great survive and the bear pet is handy
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm almost exclusively a magicka player, but I make an exception for my bow/bow warden.

He probably hits a little harder than my magdens do, at the cost of providing less group utility. Shalks only has to be cast once every 6 seconds instead of twice, at the cost of not providing the Breach debuff. Fetcherflies does AoE damage, at the cost of not providing the Vulnerability debuff. The Maelstrom bow, unlike the Maelstrom destro staff, has an AoE effect. Etc.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play stam warden, and find it very fun, I use a greatsword and bow, I'm amazed sometimes at how it plows thru mobs compared to my magicka toon.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinx wrote: »
    I play stam warden, and find it very fun, I use a greatsword and bow, I'm amazed sometimes at how it plows thru mobs compared to my magicka toon.

This right here, the damage shield you get with the GS is amazing too.
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • thalium
    thalium
    Thank you all. Lovely community. I like my stam bow warden very much. I’m having a blast.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thalium wrote: »
    Thank you all. Lovely community. I like my stam bow warden very much. I’m having a blast.

stambow is viable for overland pve. it gets a bit more shaky when you do group content (not impossible) but most people view it as a "bad" build because its not "meta" in the end play what you like and don't mind what others say ^^
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer