The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cyro without ball groups is so much more fun

Marcus_Aurelius
Marcus_Aurelius
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the start of the event I have been playing in Quagmire where until now there has been no presence of any ball group.
Gameplay is much more fun, battles just resolves in minutes, people fight and die and rez and fight again.

No stale battles that go on for half an hour where 10 people doing their boring ballet ruins the game for everybody else.

Can we still have this after the event?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of these anti-ball group posts miss the clear point that such groups are the only thing that stand between the fun and dynamic Cyrodiil that we know and mindless "He who faction-stacks harder, wins" gameplay.

Witness right now in Ravenwatch, the EP faction-stack is rampaging unchecked across the entire map with all the Scrolls and Emperor bonus. No opposing ball groups are currently on the map to do anything about it and the other factions don't have the numbers to stop it. Is that fun? Is that a superior version of Cyrodiil? No way.

I can understand that if someone is a dedicated faction-stacker and enjoys making low-effort AP that they might dislike organized groups that can impede them but a campaign quickly dies when one side zergs without a check... eventually people just stop logging in.

Ball groups are like the meteor that wipes out all of the dinosaurs (e.g. the faction-stackers) and provide the breathing room for other species (e.g. solo, small-scale, casual questing) to have a chance at survial.
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    It is showing that a less crowded server is less attractive to ball groups.

GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigor wrote: »
    It is showing that a less crowded server is less attractive to ball groups.

Basically yeah. On my platform quag is usually full, and ball groups absolutely go there. My own guild likes to ball up in quagmire (I've never joined them there just because I'm a Grey Host purist/elitist) for the same reasons OP states actually. People die quicker, ulti-dumps are more impactful when everyone is squishier, and a good healer and support and you barely notice the difference between it and CP-Cyrodiil.

This idea that CP is the only thing which allows comp groups to function is, misguided, to say the least.
    Edited by JayKwellen on June 29, 2021 11:57AM
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    All of these anti-ball group posts miss the clear point that such groups are the only thing that stand between the fun and dynamic Cyrodiil that we know and mindless "He who faction-stacks harder, wins" gameplay.

Witness right now in Ravenwatch, the EP faction-stack is rampaging unchecked across the entire map with all the Scrolls and Emperor bonus. No opposing ball groups are currently on the map to do anything about it and the other factions don't have the numbers to stop it. Is that fun? Is that a superior version of Cyrodiil? No way.

I can understand that if someone is a dedicated faction-stacker and enjoys making low-effort AP that they might dislike organized groups that can impede them but a campaign quickly dies when one side zergs without a check... eventually people just stop logging in.

Ball groups are like the meteor that wipes out all of the dinosaurs (e.g. the faction-stackers) and provide the breathing room for other species (e.g. solo, small-scale, casual questing) to have a chance at survial.

I would agree IF ball groups actually do something for their faction. On Ravenwatch (EU) they just farm..even with their own scroll (and losing it due to reset). Ballgroups here almost NEVER do something for the faction, just farming and farming and farming..
    Therefore: Ballgroups have to go.
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭

I would agree IF ball groups actually do something for their faction. On Ravenwatch (EU) they just farm..even with their own scroll (and losing it due to reset). Ballgroups here almost NEVER do something for the faction, just farming and farming and farming..

If they are farming an entire AD zerg, it gives their faction time to take AD keeps. They arent directly involved with helping the faction, but your faction can easily make advances on enemy faction while they are busy killing the ballgroup. The problem is there are not enough groups or leaders that initiate a siege and not enough players.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of people play the game with the goal just to kill/farm other players such as gankers and the smaller groups that take resource towers. And there are a lot of people who think are doing something productive for the faction, but whose presence and actions are often counterproductive such as people who mindlessly destroy bridges / gates, know-it-all strategists in zone chat, siege stealers, etc. Cyordiil would be rather empty if people had to "go" according to one person's particular definition of being useful to a faction in a campaign, something the game's developers can;t even be bothered to reform/update/or even care about themselves.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing for or against ball groups, but nothing changes this fact of Cyrodiil, not even them.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's if we were in ideal conditions with responsible players in organized groups. PCEU Ravenwatch is infested with AD ball groups every day, up to 3 at once, add that to two full AD guild runs and a general zerg. I'm not against organized groups or ball groups per se if they play for the alliance, but their behavior looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOLxQGLJouI