The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Looking for ideas for Water's Edge house

Alphawolf01A
Alphawolf01A
✭✭✭✭✭
So I have an idea about turning the house into 1/2 Bastion's and 1/2 Mirri's. The half with the patio is Mirri's. I put a couple butterflys and torchbug pets around the flower boxes on the windows on Mirri's side.

Based on their race (dark elf and imperial) plus their "likes" from rapport system, I need ideas for furnishings and decorations.

From the page, https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/571285/rapport-what-increases-it-and-decreases-it-list-here#latest

Bastion LIKES:
+500 Completing each personal quest
+125 Completing Mage Guild daily quest
+10 Visiting a Mage Guild Hall that could hold a portal to Eyevea in it
+10 Visiting Eyevea
+10 Visiting Artaeum
+10 Completing random encounters where someone is helped
+5 Gathering items from Psijic Portals
+5 Antiquity Scrying
+1 Reading a book from a bookshelf
+1 Killing Worm Cultists (at Dolmens and anywhere else)
+1 Killing Bandits
+1 Killing Night Runners in Summerset

Mirri LIKES:
+500 Completing each personal quest
+125 Completing Fighter's Guild daily quest
+125 Completing Ashlander daily quest for Numani-Rasi (something like a 20 hour cooldown)
+ 10 Visiting a Daedric Delve or Public Dungeon
+10 Visiting the Brass Fortress
+5 Gathering items from Psijic Portals
+5 Antiquity Excavation
+5 Entering the Library of Vivec with a completed large scale model of Vvardenfell
+5 Walking down the stairs to the bottom floor entrance of a completed Vault of Moawita in Summerset
+1 Reading a book from a bookshelf
+1 Summoning non-combat Daedric pets (Banekin not included)
+1 Crafting an alcoholic beverage
+1 Killing Goblins
+1 Killing Snakes/Serpents big and small (Lamia not included)

I'm thinking for Mirri, Dumner furniture, maybe a couple pieces of Daedric as well (nothing to grim).
A bunch of bookshelves and diplays of somethings from her excavations, a comfy chair with a book and some wine nearby.

For Bastion, Imperial/Breton furniture. Some mage/ magic themed stuff.
To me he seems rather plain other than his Mages guild interest. Maybe I'll get a little more about him after I unlock his second quest.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you!
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting idea. Although you may want to put spoiler tags around the rapport section. I know it is public knowledge, but some player like to figure it out for themselves.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as ideas. I haven’t completed any personal quests besides their unlocking quests (it’s taking their rapport a long while to rank up for me). But from what I understand:

Bastion is a whimsical spirit. I wouldn’t exactly call him naive and childish, because he has a habit of taking these conceptions of him and adding to it. (“Let’s go help some people, and maybe get paid for it.”) I would imagine his home to be somewhere comfy and cozy, but also having a lot of items that tell a story. Knights and dragons. Some things I could think of:
    -Shelves with books, some lorebooks
    -The Leyawiin music box, if you have it
    -Tapestries depicting figures or battles. The blue orcish war tapestry, the Khajiit tapestry from antiquities, etc etc.
    -Hanging maps of distant lands. Perhaps they are nailed to a billboard on where he plans to adventure next.
    -A “knight” figurine fighting a “dragon” figurine (like the Peryite, or one of the craftables.) Further on this note, he may like some of the Summerset figurines since he seems to like the isles.
    -As far as furniture, well like you said, I can imagine him with homey Imperial/Breton furniture, though he seems to have spent a lot of time in high rock so I think the warm color of the wood would suit him better. Cushioned armchairs, side tables with cloth draped over them, footstools and in general a cozy vibe.
    -One trick that I like utilizing but I like to sink down the St. Pelin statue to display as a suit of armor. This won’t work in any of the upper floors because Water’s Edge has paper thin floors, but maybe for the base floors. (I don’t know which building you’ve assigned to which.)
    -To go with the suit of armor, maybe some custom weapons on the weapon racks to line the walls. There’s some ways to do this, like using common flag poles and cheese cutters to make halberds, and so on.
    -A classic treasure chest like the one from the Global achievement vendor.

I don’t know as much about Mirri, but this is my impression of her so far.
    -She comes across as a bit of a daedrologist. But hers is more of a curiosity, it seems. So she might have related lorebooks, maybe daedric urns within display cases. Some inert artifacts on display around the room.
    -As far as furniture style, I don’t know much about her family or to what Great House they’d hail from, but her outfit is an indicator that she might like and/or be used to such things, which interestingly the Great House furnishings seem to mimic what Imperial Style was originally supposed to look like. So mixing said furnishings alongside some Leyawiin might work out. The floorboards of Water’s Edge are a bit duller brown, so I’m sure Great House would be right at home.
    -Great House furnishings strike themselves as vaguely Chinese-inspired, and the Chinese have a great like for tea. Perhaps she would have a tea set somewhere. Homey kitchen items would fit in a homey place like Water’s Edge quite well.
    -She has also expressed a like for alcohol, so perhaps she’d have a wine rack or two. Or some kind of cabinet dedicated to it.
    -Perhaps some trunks, safes, or storage to hold her... umm... goods. The “spoils” of her journeys.

This is what I could come up with in this short time. I hope it helps in some way lol.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TeruKisuke wrote: »
    As far as ideas. I haven’t completed any personal quests besides their unlocking quests (it’s taking their rapport a long while to rank up for me). But from what I understand:

Bastion is a whimsical spirit. I wouldn’t exactly call him naive and childish, because he has a habit of taking these conceptions of him and adding to it. (“Let’s go help some people, and maybe get paid for it.”) I would imagine his home to be somewhere comfy and cozy, but also having a lot of items that tell a story. Knights and dragons. Some things I could think of:
    -Shelves with books, some lorebooks
    -The Leyawiin music box, if you have it
    -Tapestries depicting figures or battles. The blue orcish war tapestry, the Khajiit tapestry from antiquities, etc etc.
    -Hanging maps of distant lands. Perhaps they are nailed to a billboard on where he plans to adventure next.
    -A “knight” figurine fighting a “dragon” figurine (like the Peryite, or one of the craftables.) Further on this note, he may like some of the Summerset figurines since he seems to like the isles.
    -As far as furniture, well like you said, I can imagine him with homey Imperial/Breton furniture, though he seems to have spent a lot of time in high rock so I think the warm color of the wood would suit him better. Cushioned armchairs, side tables with cloth draped over them, footstools and in general a cozy vibe.
    -One trick that I like utilizing but I like to sink down the St. Pelin statue to display as a suit of armor. This won’t work in any of the upper floors because Water’s Edge has paper thin floors, but maybe for the base floors. (I don’t know which building you’ve assigned to which.)
    -To go with the suit of armor, maybe some custom weapons on the weapon racks to line the walls. There’s some ways to do this, like using common flag poles and cheese cutters to make halberds, and so on.
    -A classic treasure chest like the one from the Global achievement vendor.

I don’t know as much about Mirri, but this is my impression of her so far.
    -She comes across as a bit of a daedrologist. But hers is more of a curiosity, it seems. So she might have related lorebooks, maybe daedric urns within display cases. Some inert artifacts on display around the room.
    -As far as furniture style, I don’t know much about her family or to what Great House they’d hail from, but her outfit is an indicator that she might like and/or be used to such things, which interestingly the Great House furnishings seem to mimic what Imperial Style was originally supposed to look like. So mixing said furnishings alongside some Leyawiin might work out. The floorboards of Water’s Edge are a bit duller brown, so I’m sure Great House would be right at home.
    -Great House furnishings strike themselves as vaguely Chinese-inspired, and the Chinese have a great like for tea. Perhaps she would have a tea set somewhere. Homey kitchen items would fit in a homey place like Water’s Edge quite well.
    -She has also expressed a like for alcohol, so perhaps she’d have a wine rack or two. Or some kind of cabinet dedicated to it.
    -Perhaps some trunks, safes, or storage to hold her... umm... goods. The “spoils” of her journeys.

This is what I could come up with in this short time. I hope it helps in some way lol.

Wow! Very nice. Lots of great ideas

There are so many furnishings, I can't keep them all straight and feedback like this helps me put names and styles to the pieces I'm "seeing" when I get an idea in mind.

Thank you.
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Very nice. Lots of great ideas

There are so many furnishings, I can't keep them all straight and feedback like this helps me put names and styles to the pieces I'm "seeing" when I get an idea in mind.

Thank you.

No problem! Even if you don’t use any of the ideas above, it’d be cool to see your progress when you’re further along/finished, if you’re comfortable with that. 🙂