The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO can't find some add-ons

Tambit
Tambit
Soul Shriven
I use Minion and have installed a number of add-ons, but recently they stopped working. I have this game on two computers, a PC and a Mac. The add-ons stopped working for both. When I went to find out why, it turns out these "sub" add-ons were missing for some reason (things like CustomMapPins and LibStub etc.) I installed those and it all started working smoothly on the mac.
But the PC is another story. Mind on, some add-ons it sees, like HarvestMap. It knows I have Skyshard an LoreBooks and LostTreasure, but it won't run them because there are missing sub-add-ons. So I installed them. No difference. Restarted the game. Nothing. Restarted computer. Nothing. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled. Exactly the same. I've looked around for the "allow out-of-date" add-on buttons but I cannot find it and was informed that with the latest update it was set to be automatically on and they got rid of the button (I do not know if this is true).
I checked the path. They're all going to the right place. I am out of options and have no idea where to go from here (turns out the only add-ons I *really* want are the ones it won't run).

When I log-in, I get this error message:
UI Error
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Libs/LibMainMenu/LibMainMenu.lua:73: function expected instead of nil stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Libs/LibMainMenu/LibMainMenu.lua:73: in function 'LibMainMenu:New'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Libs/LibMainMenu/LibMainMenu.lua:65: in function 'InitializeLMM'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Libs/LibMainMenu/LibMainMenu.lua:158: in function 'LibMainMenu:AddCategory'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/Options/MainMenu.lua:26: in function 'Menu:Initialize'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/HarvestMap.lua:32 in function 'Harvest:InitializeModules'
user:/AddOns/HarvestMap/Modules/HarvestMap/HarvestMap.lua:58: in function 'Harvest.OnLoad'

Additionally when I check out my Add-ons, the ones that are not running are:
Destination [ CustomMapPins (Missing), LibStub (Missing) ]
Lorebooks [ CustomMapPins (Missing), LibCustomMenu (Missing) ]
Lost Treasure [ LibAddonMenu-2.0 (Newer Version Required), LibMapPins-1.0 (Newer Version Required), CustomMapPins (Missing) ]
SkyShards [CustomMapPins (Missing) ]

Can anyone help me?
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, update your sub-addons -> They are called libraries/dependencies btw.
    If it says missing you need to install them (via Minion) like normal addons.
    If it says newer version you need to update them (via Minion) like normal addons.
    If you do this via Minion I recommand starting Minion once before playing and update all that shows to have and update.

AND:
    Like HarvestMap shows in the error message there sometimes are libraries (sub-addons) in the subfolders of the addons, most of the time the subfolder will be called "libs" (for Libraries).
    Just remove them there if you can find the same needed library at Minion! Install it via Minion and then delete the subfolder libs/<libraryname you just installed via Minion).
    e.g. if it says HarvestMap/libs/LibMainMenu then install LibMainMenu via Minion to your live/AddOns folder and delete HarvestMap/libs/LibMainMenu completely. Else the game might load older versions from the libs subfolder, causing error messages as the newer version (the one installed via Minion) is not loaded anymore (or overwritten by the old included version).