Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

DK leap not working in Battlegrounds

LashanW
LashanW
✭✭✭✭✭
My stamDK's Ferocious Leap ultimate is no longer working in battlegrounds, after Midyear Mayhem event started. It doesn't light up when I'm aiming at enemies near me. I can use it in overland zones without any issues. I noticed there's a difference in the tooltips when I'm in a battleground and vs when I'm in an overland zone.

In overland,
e9E0fwr.png

In Battlegrounds,
4Sbl5ym.png

The Range info in tooltip literally disappears when I'm in a battleground. ZoS pls try to fix this asap, pretty disappointing if this goes unfixed during the entire pvp event.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 17, 2021 1:30PM
---No longer active in ESO---
Platform: PC-EU
CP: 2500+
Trial Achievements
Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ferocious Leap was working for me in sub50 BG but Shielded Assault from 1H&S line was not.

Pretty disappointing indeed.
  • Umbro100
    Umbro100
    ✭✭✭
    LashanW wrote: »
    My stamDK's Ferocious Leap ultimate is no longer working in battlegrounds, after Midyear Mayhem event started. It doesn't light up when I'm aiming at enemies near me. I can use it in overland zones without any issues. I noticed there's a difference in the tooltips when I'm in a battleground and vs when I'm in an overland zone.

In overland,
    e9E0fwr.png

In Battlegrounds,
    4Sbl5ym.png

The Range info in tooltip literally disappears when I'm in a battleground. ZoS pls try to fix this asap, pretty disappointing if this goes unfixed during the entire pvp event.

Just opened the forum to write a post about this. A complaint actually. I have a low level dk char, wanted to do daily BG. Have only 6 skills unlocked on one bar, for leveling in the world it is plenty enough. But Critical charge and Ferocious leap are not working at all in BG. These 2 gap closers are greyed out all the time.Like - what ? How is this even live on the servers ? pvp event and 2 of my best skills are not working at all ? This game is like a bad joke these days. Shame on you !
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if there's a bug with some gap closers in general.

I've seen some DK leaps go off in BGs, so it's not all the time, but I do know I get one every so often that my shield charge skill just never fires - it's always greyed out as 'out of range,' even when I'm right next to the target. If that starts happening, I'm without a gap closer for the whole battleground.

It's usually fixed by the next one, but running a BG without my gap closer means I'm just failing left and right.
  • Spurius_Lucilius
    Spurius_Lucilius
    ✭✭✭
    It must have something to do with the restrictions we get in the spawn zone, because I had this issue in BG and I also had the same issue after I jumped down from spawn zone in the IC.
    PC NA Casual/PVP
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This happens a lot with Pounce (the WW gap closer). It'll just randomly break and not work anymore, it'll be grayed out and tell you you're out of range even if you're right on top of the enemy. Does your guys' game tell you the same thing, or is it just not working with no sort of accompanying message?
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had it break in the Imperial City to. Almost cost me my life as I had lined up the burst and was below 20% HP when I hit R and nothing happened. Luckily my foe was holding block in prep and I managed to bar swap and heal before continuing the fight. The other times it happened I was not so lucky...
    Edited by Vevvev on June 26, 2021 7:09PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LashanW wrote: »

In overland,
    e9E0fwr.png

In Battlegrounds,
    4Sbl5ym.png

Can confirm this. Leap is not working in IC either (not all the time) half the time its completely greyed out, In cyrodil the same happens although to a lesser extent. Both mag and stam DK have this issue, I noticed it more on ferocious leap.

At first I thought someone was cheating somehow, but its pretty clear this is a range bug.

This was happening PRE-MID YEAR MAYHEM so it isn't the lag at all.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on June 26, 2021 10:46PM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there, same for me... At some maps it was working but not all the time, and on some maps leap doesn't work at all...
  • Thunda
    Thunda
    ✭✭
    Leap works in Cyrodiil half the time. Sometimes the animation happens but no damage is done, no players are stunned and the damage shield doesn't apply. Not sure if this is a bug with the ability or just another victim to the lag that continues to plague this game. Either way it becomes extremely frustrating to activate an ability (especially an ultimate) and it simply not work as intended.
  • Delfelnias
    Delfelnias
    ✭✭✭
    For me the leap doesn't work most of the time inside Imperial City.. it's so annoying and cost me kills.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen it work in some BGs, and not in others.

Usually notice it most in DM where mine never fires - it's always greyed out like it's out of range. Oddly enough it doesn't seem to affect the other players though...
    Most other modes it's fine, it's really just deathmatch that I end up with it permanently out of range.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's instance related and has been going on for yonks. It's another embarrassing aspect of this game.
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, is randomly bugged for me in all PvP zones since last range patch
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never had this problem until this recent patch
  • cheriella
    cheriella
    ✭✭✭
    I knew I wasn’t going crazy. I blamed myself for not aiming properly at an enemy 😪
    < 3 • ESO: Cherry-xo • Steam: cheriella • My Screenshots below < 3
  • h8rt3rmin8r
    h8rt3rmin8r
    Soul Shriven
    I have been experiencing a similar issue as OP since shortly before the mayhem event began. I can confirm that, as of this very moment, the issue still persists. In my case, the issue has affected the use of the following abilities:
    • Take Flight (Dragon Leap morph)
    • Shielded Assault (Shield Charge morph)
    • Stampede (Critical Charge morph)

I have attempted resolution of the issue by swapping bars, entering and exiting the menu, disabling addons, dodge-rolling, and other similar methods but to no avail.

It is most unfortunate to have these core foundational abilities failing during such an important event as the one that is currently in progress. Please, ZOS, fix this issue as soon as possible as it not only causes severe frustration for the end users, but also could detract from the potential excitement and new customers that would have otherwise decided to stay around for the long-haul.
  • h8rt3rmin8r
    h8rt3rmin8r
    Soul Shriven
    I have been experiencing a similar issue as OP since shortly before the mayhem event began. I can confirm that, as of this very moment, the issue still persists. In my case, the issue has affected the use of the following abilities:
    • Take Flight (Dragon Leap morph)
    • Shielded Assault (Shield Charge morph)
    • Stampede (Critical Charge morph)

I have attempted resolution of the issue by swapping bars, entering and exiting the menu, disabling addons, dodge-rolling, and other similar methods but to no avail.

It is most unfortunate to have these core foundational abilities failing during such an important event as the one that is currently in progress. Please, ZOS, fix this issue as soon as possible as it not only causes severe frustration for the end users, but also could detract from the potential excitement and new customers that would have otherwise decided to stay around for the long-haul.

I just discovered, this same issue also applies to the Unrelenting Grip ability as well (Fiery Grip morph).
  • Nastassiya
    Nastassiya
    ✭✭✭
    These bug should be reported in the bug fix reports page, not here. This is the wrong spot and can easily get pushed to the second page and lot forever. I made a report request that it be made so it will be noticed by the devs; or how ever devs take notice. lol

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/bug-reports
    Edited by Nastassiya on June 30, 2021 8:56PM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delfelnias wrote: »
    For me the leap doesn't work most of the time inside Imperial City.. it's so annoying and cost me kills.
    To get it to to work again, either you die or you re-slot the skill... Until... the next time it gets stuck again... It's very annoying.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nastassiya wrote: »
    These bug should be reported in the bug fix reports page, not here.(...)
    It's been reported numerous times for soo long on the bug report section. But, as you can see, nothing has been done so far.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forget what it is called but there is an anti chain/gap closer disabling effect that is applied by the safe zones.
    I wonder if that is bugged and not removing itself after you leave the safe zone.
    Check you character sheets to see if anything is listed in active effects/buffs.
    I vaguely remember this bug a couple of years ago and ZOS likes to necro bugs.
    Edited by TequilaFire on June 30, 2021 10:13PM
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nastassiya wrote: »
    These bug should be reported in the bug fix reports page, not here.(...)
    It's been reported numerous times for soo long on the bug report section. But, as you can see, nothing has been done so far.

I've tagged Gina in 2 threads simply asking for them to acknowledge the bug and let us know it's being looked into. Crickets.
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there, today after 5 to 10 BGs have still the same issue on stamina DK. Leap/stampede/shielded assault…
    What gets me crazy when I got killed by shielded assault/crit rush + leap… So it is definitely working for some peaople…
    Please fix this bug, my DK is worthless for my team when I cannot use my key abilities…
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    xPoisin wrote: »
    Hi there, today after 5 to 10 BGs have still the same issue on stamina DK. Leap/stampede/shielded assault…
    What gets me crazy when I got killed by shielded assault/crit rush + leap… So it is definitely working for some peaople…
    Please fix this bug, my DK is worthless for my team when I cannot use my key abilities…

This bug was already reported a few weeks ago. I have it a lot too. Your character is practically useless if it is based on these skills. StamDk is completely CC-free if you get this bug.

But as you can see they don't care.
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm wondering if there's a bug with some gap closers in general.

I've seen some DK leaps go off in BGs, so it's not all the time, but I do know I get one every so often that my shield charge skill just never fires - it's always greyed out as 'out of range,' even when I'm right next to the target. If that starts happening, I'm without a gap closer for the whole battleground.

It's usually fixed by the next one, but running a BG without my gap closer means I'm just failing left and right.

Yes, had exactly the same problem with shield charge on DK.
  • TTHHORR
    TTHHORR
    ✭✭✭
    I recently made a pvp magDK and My Fiery Grip hasn't worked in any of the BGs or IC. I thought the skill was just turned off for them lol...

Also had the same problem with leap few times but never had any issues with the 2h charge on my stam sorc.
  • h8rt3rmin8r
    h8rt3rmin8r
    Soul Shriven
    I just returned from a 3-man battlegrounds run (why does the matching algorithm even allow for a match to START without 4 people ready to go!?) and I can confirm that all my gap-closing abilities with DK are still very much broken. This is a really big deal - one of the fundamental Class types is effectively broken ... how do they not care about something like this? Is there still no news or even acknowledgement from ZOS on the matter?
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Intended Feature™ was a HUGE issue in Imperial City for a while, and it was tied to the immunity buffs it gave you when you went between the city and the sewers. Good to know that it's now plaguing battlegrounds, as I was just about to consider coming back to them. Now I know I should wait another 2 weeks before ZOS acknowledges the problem, and another 2 months to get it fixed.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's gonna be hilarious when this isn't mentioned tomorrow. I truly hope I can eat my words though.
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm... checked the patch notes and no mention about this bug.... as usual... DKs are retired....