The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question regarding GuildShrines Addon

Wild_Haggis
Wild_Haggis
✭✭
I was browsing addons and came across the addon GuildShrines* and thought it would be incredibly convenient . Essentially, it adds wayshrines on the world map for the Earth Forge and Eyevae. (Note: You still have to unlock the wayshrines at the Earth Forge and Eyevae prior. I.e. you have to go through their respective questlines to unlock them. It's not actually circumventing their unlock requirements.) So instead of having to remember or hunt down where their respective portals are located, you can just go to any wayshrine and port directly there.
Then I got to thinking, could this be considered an exploit and get me banned? I mean, the locations do have wayshrines, so it's not adding something that isn't already there, BUT, they are hidden on the world map so you do have to go to through their portals to actually get to them.

Any thoughts on this? I really want to use this, but I don't care to end up on the wrong end of a ban-hammer for exploiting. Maybe get a dev/mod opinion?
Obviously, I will refrain from installing and using this addon until I get some thoughts on this.
Thanks!

*https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1649-GuildShrines.html
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was browsing addons and came across the addon GuildShrines* and thought it would be incredibly convenient . Essentially, it adds wayshrines on the world map for the Earth Forge and Eyevae. (Note: You still have to unlock the wayshrines at the Earth Forge and Eyevae prior. I.e. you have to go through their respective questlines to unlock them. It's not actually circumventing their unlock requirements.) So instead of having to remember or hunt down where their respective portals are located, you can just go to any wayshrine and port directly there.
    Then I got to thinking, could this be considered an exploit and get me banned? I mean, the locations do have wayshrines, so it's not adding something that isn't already there, BUT, they are hidden on the world map so you do have to go to through their portals to actually get to them.

Any thoughts on this? I really want to use this, but I don't care to end up on the wrong end of a ban-hammer for exploiting. Maybe get a dev/mod opinion?
    Obviously, I will refrain from installing and using this addon until I get some thoughts on this.
    Thanks!

*https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1649-GuildShrines.html

Actually you can see them on the world map :)
    bx8ibhjx46xq.jpg
    (this image and info are not mine, but i found them some months ago and kept it preciously for the moment i would need - I can not thank enough the author that saved me a lot of trouble)

if you click on the boat, this will show you the island and the shrine.
    I was used to do that, but ZoS never corrected the bug that was hidding it.

So i do not think that there is any cheat here, as this addon in fact correct a bug since long due

Edited by Lauranae on June 24, 2021 6:49AM
    My most recent characters
    AD - Amareni NB
    -