Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reconstructing Question

Baron_Erich
Maybe a silly question.
Do you have to have all of the items in a set to reconstruct any of the items?
If all I want to reconstruct is the breastplate for a set, do I need to have the whole set?

Thanks
-Erich
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, but the more pieces of a set that you have, the cheaper it will be
  • Baron_Erich
    I must be doing something wrong, I can’t get any of the pieces to construct.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you are in the reconstruct tab rather than the transmute tab. Then find the piece according to where it drops (mythics are in the bottom section). As long as you had that piece bound and thus collected at some point after the stickerbook was introduced, it should allow you to proceed.

It will also require between 25 and 50 transmute crystals, if you don't have enough, it may stop you. At the next screen you'll choose a trait from those that your character has researched, and the item's quality provided you have mats. Then you'll be given a confirmation screen and be able to make it.

The only other problem I can think is that you can't reconstruct crafted sets, because you can just craft them again with a different trait at the cost of mats rather than transmutes.

If you're still having issues, could you let us know what set and piece isn't working for you?
    PC NA
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (...) If all I want to reconstruct is the breastplate for a set, do I need to have the whole set? (...)
    No. But you can only reconstruct the breastplate of a set you already collected.
    The more pieces of a set you have, the cheaper the reconstruction per piece it will be.
    Edited by redlink1979 on June 24, 2021 2:29PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP