The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Parse against 6m dummy vs trial dummy

rauyran
rauyran
✭✭✭✭
I have a 6m health dummy and have parsed 15-17k dps against it on my overland build. What kind of dps could I expect against a trial dummy with all the extra buffs?
  • MellowMagic
    MellowMagic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably 40-50k depending on the buffs and debuffs you're already providing.
    PC / NA @MellowMagic
    Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
    By the Divines...
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    rauyran wrote: »
    I have a 6m health dummy and have parsed 15-17k dps against it on my overland build. What kind of dps could I expect against a trial dummy with all the extra buffs?

Trial test dummies give you buffs and resource regen opportunities since the fights are long. It also helps to have a friend offer you synergies in your rotation to replicate an actual fight.

If you can't break the dps ceiling, don't worry about it. Only a handful of gear is locked behind the cancel-to-win wall, and I personally find it more fun to make theory-builds with less-than-Meta gear.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably 40-50k depending on the buffs and debuffs you're already providing.

That might be a a touch optimistic, but probably not too far off. I would guess you would be in the 30's fairly quickly. The first time you parse on a trial dummy, you frankly may not see a huge change in the numbers. It is going to take you quite a lot of time a that DPS level to kill one from 100-0, and likely you will not keep focus and get fumbled with your rotation the first few times. Not an attack on you, it happens to everybody. Still happens to me when learning a new rotation, and I have parsed on every spec in the game. I usually suggest getting to about 30k on a 6 mil before you move over to a trial dummy, but that is certainly not a hard rule.

I have no idea what your overland build looks like. Gear is important, Skill Bars are more important, Rotation is far and away the most important. There are likely some easy fixes you could make to the first two that would boost your Trial Dummy DPS by 10-20k, but if you want to get into the 70s-80s, you are going to need to really focus on your rotation. You may find that your overland build has room for another DOT or Buff to squeeze in that can really move the needle. To push it further than that, you are going to need to think about the fight in 3-4 phases TBH. Pre-Buff, Opening, Middle, Execute. These are all phases you will find in virtually every fight, so it's not cheesy to practice them.

Certainly not saying you have to do any of that, but that is the way to get there.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on June 23, 2021 4:30PM
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    35~40k

Very basic guide is to double it
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »

Trial test dummies give you buffs and resource regen opportunities since the fights are long. It also helps to have a friend offer you synergies in your rotation to replicate an actual fight.

If you can't break the dps ceiling, don't worry about it. Only a handful of gear is locked behind the cancel-to-win wall, and I personally find it more fun to make theory-builds with less-than-Meta gear.

Yeah nothing requires all this meta dps everyone is doing to flex their nonexistent eso clout for pve
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    molecule wrote: »
    35~40k

Very basic guide is to double it

Yes, that's my experience as well.
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭

Why don't you try it instead of asking? Your guild most certainly has a trial dummy. If you don't have a guild join one and give it a try.. Otherwise just ask in chat if someone has a trial dummy, friend them and visit their home..