The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about War Torte/Alliance Scroll

MisterLaiho
MisterLaiho
✭✭
Hello, used the search function but it didn't give me anything, so I just wanted to ask if anyone actually tested the functionality of the War Tortes/Alliance Scrolls and if they really work, in terms of decreasing the amount of required earned AP to reach an higher Alliance Rank?

With the MM starting tomorrow, I'm thinking about buying a *** ton of 150% scrolls, to decrease the amount of AP I need to the absolut minimum but I've been playing with the 50% buff the last 2 days (PS5) and I can't tell, if the bar goes faster or not, so if anyone on PC maybe tested it I'd like to know, if the scrolls actually lower the amount of for example General Grade 1 to Grade 2 from 2689600 AP with like a 50% torte to only 2017200 required AP to level up or even with an 150% Alliance Scrolls which will come to crown store tomorrow to only 672400 required AP?

Just want to know it before I spent like 20k crowns on scrolls that dont work lol
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, used the search function but it didn't give me anything, so I just wanted to ask if anyone actually tested the functionality of the War Tortes/Alliance Scrolls and if they really work, in terms of decreasing the amount of required earned AP to reach an higher Alliance Rank?

With the MM starting tomorrow, I'm thinking about buying a *** ton of 150% scrolls, to decrease the amount of AP I need to the absolut minimum but I've been playing with the 50% buff the last 2 days (PS5) and I can't tell, if the bar goes faster or not, so if anyone on PC maybe tested it I'd like to know, if the scrolls actually lower the amount of for example General Grade 1 to Grade 2 from 2689600 AP with like a 50% torte to only 2017200 required AP to level up or even with an 150% Alliance Scrolls which will come to crown store tomorrow to only 672400 required AP?

Just want to know it before I spent like 20k crowns on scrolls that dont work lol

That is the intended effect of the item yes, It should all stack (AP buff, Scroll, Midyear). The last I heard it did work but who knows whether it's been broken since blackwood, I've not tested.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The war tort helps with alliance level and alliance skill rank, but not with alliance points nor leaderboard.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    The war tort helps with alliance level and alliance skill rank, but not with alliance points nor leaderboard.

I'm fairly sure it applies to AP gain too which affects leaderboards. But here was the previous post confirming stuff from ZoS https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7140483#Comment_7140483
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on June 24, 2021 5:55AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not affect AP gain. Only alliance rank and skill level
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use them to grind alliance skills and alliance ranks, but not to get more AP (to spend, and for leaderboards), so for the purposes of becoming a GO, they will work. Just a note: the in-game crafted ones for 50% are really cheap to buy from traders, if you don't want to spend crowns, and don't mind the lesser boost.
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭

Can you help me with this??? A bunch of peeps in chat recently told me I was a dumba$$ cuz I "couldn't read" but my understand is these War Tortes (not matter which of the 3 types you use) will not help with getting from Recruit rank to Grand Overlord??? is this right or wrong??? I personally haven't see a lick of difference towards my getting a new rank/title in the ap bar with a Torte up. And the characters I use on have the Alliance Skill lines already max...so I don't see ANY difference for kills, repairs of walls/gates, defense or offense in Cyrodiil....Does this help in ANY way toward gaining the top of Grand Overlord?
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you help me with this??? A bunch of peeps in chat recently told me I was a dumba$$ cuz I "couldn't read" but my understand is these War Tortes (not matter which of the 3 types you use) will not help with getting from Recruit rank to Grand Overlord??? is this right or wrong??? I personally haven't see a lick of difference towards my getting a new rank/title in the ap bar with a Torte up. And the characters I use on have the Alliance Skill lines already max...so I don't see ANY difference for kills, repairs of walls/gates, defense or offense in Cyrodiil....Does this help in ANY way toward gaining the top of Grand Overlord?

What you see on the screen in terms of ap gain is not affected by tortes. That is only the amount of currency going into your pocket.

However the bonus of tortes is applied towards your AR/skill lines, which we aren't shown as a seperate value.
    It's a shame it doesn't show you a numerical progress meter towards alliance rank which would help clear up the mass confusion regarding scrolls and tortes.

Then people could see that 1k ap they made, counted as 1.5k towards their alliance rank with a 50% torte up.
    Edited by Indigogo on July 10, 2022 12:37PM
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it works all the way to Grand Overlord:

- Check how much rank progress you have on the Alliance War screen (L button on PC).
    - Eat a war torte.
    - Go to Cyrodiil.
    - Repair a keep wall until you have 1k AP.
    - Check your rank progress again and you will see that your 1K of AP has actually earned you 1.5k worth of progress towards your next alliance rank.

So yes, consistent torte consumption during PVP cuts a third off your max rank grind. At the same time, it does not give you extra AP to spend, nor does it affect your Alliance War leaderboard rank.
    Edited by WaywardArgonian on July 12, 2022 8:32AM
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50