The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4/PS5 Patch

lillybit
lillybit
✭✭✭✭✭
Upgraded to console enhanced but still have PS4 version on the external drive. PS4 one said it had an update and started downloading so I left it to do it's thing in the background. Just checked it and it's downloading the entire game again. 80gb. Is this intended? If so a little warning would've been nice!

Still no download at all for the PS5 tho.

Anyone else getting this? Seems very off!
PS4 EU
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No idea about today's patch still at work but I had to download the entire game for the PS5 last week. FYI I deleted the PS4 game once I had the PS5 version up and working,

Stay safe :)
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have both still on my ps5, and the only thing it has downloaded is a 1.8gb patch - I think for the PS4 version. Not sure if patches work for both versions or not or if there will be an enhanced patch separately

EDIT - just to add both are on my internal hard drive in case that makes a difference
    Edited by fizl101 on June 23, 2021 9:59AM
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 version was on external, deleted it now it case it was confusing things (and because another 80gb download is ridiculous), restarted PS5 and checked again and still says it's up to date. Info shows last update 16/6/2021 (UK date format)
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • muonlinei2
    fizl101 wrote: »
    I have both still on my ps5, and the only thing it has downloaded is a 1.8gb patch - I think for the PS4 version. Not sure if patches work for both versions or not or if there will be an enhanced patch separately

EDIT - just to add both are on my internal hard drive in case that makes a difference

They will have different patch files, as they are different versions (PS4 and PS5), and because there are issues happening on PS5 that aren't happening on PS4 and vice-versa.

Just an example: PS4 is still having the random mini freezes, PS5 isn't, but PS5 is having crashes on some occasions, where PS4 isnt.
    PS5 - NA
    Argonian Templar Healer for life.
    Completed: Craglorn Hard Modes | vDSA | vBRP | vMOLhm + DD | vAS+2 | vHOFhm | vCR+1 | vSS | vKA
    CP 1400+
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    muonlinei2 wrote: »
    fizl101 wrote: »

They will have different patch files, as they are different versions (PS4 and PS5), and because there are issues happening on PS5 that aren't happening on PS4 and vice-versa.

Just an example: PS4 is still having the random mini freezes, PS5 isn't, but PS5 is having crashes on some occasions, where PS4 isnt.

I assume just a case of waiting then, as I haven't seen a patch yet for the ps5 version...
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • Gadget4
    Gadget4
    ✭✭✭
    @lillybit, eso had an update available as soon as I turned on my PS5 this morning .. it couldn’t have been too big, as when I checked it was already ‘copying’ .... even so, post-update, Info still shows last update as 16/6/2021

@fizl, I don’t know how some people managed to retain both PS4 & PS5 versions on their PS5 internal hard drive ... I downloaded the PS5 enhanced upgrade & it overwrote the PS4 install .. & the PS4 version of ESO is no longer even in my library?!
    PS5 EU (UK)
    PS5 NA
    Options
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you let us know if there ought to be a patch for the PS5 version, seeing that there is currently only an update to download for the PS4 version and nothing for the PS5.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even more fun is a Sony system update for PS4 wants to install also.
    I had to let the system update install on my wife's first, delete an app before there was enough space to install the ESO update which thought it had to install the entire PS4 game again but then it only installed the patch.
    Going to have to get her some more storage, ESO turning into a disk hog.
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gadget4 wrote: »
    @lillybit, eso had an update available as soon as I turned on my PS5 this morning .. it couldn’t have been too big, as when I checked it was already ‘copying’ .... even so, post-update, Info still shows last update as 16/6/2021

@fizl, I don’t know how some people managed to retain both PS4 & PS5 versions on their PS5 internal hard drive ... I downloaded the PS5 enhanced upgrade & it overwrote the PS4 install .. & the PS4 version of ESO is no longer even in my library?!

I couldn't play it while it was downloading, but they are both there now - if I click options from the game menu when I have ESO selected and then go down to game version and select it I have PS4 ESO tamriel unlimited and PS5 ESO
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Check on your internal storage, the PS5 version won't have overwritten the PS4 one as the system sees them as seperate games but it's fiddly switching them and not at all intuitive. If you go to the menu option next to where it says Play Game (...) it lets you switch between versions there so it won't come up as a seperate game on your bar.
    I remember reading a thing when the PS5 came out about people playing the wrong version of games because it doesnt really say.

You'll probably find the update was for the PS4 version, from what I can tell the PS5 one isn't available yet.
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even more fun is a Sony system update for PS4 wants to install also.
    I had to let the system update install on my wife's first, delete an app before there was enough space to install the ESO update which thought it had to install the entire PS4 game again but then it only installed the patch.
    Going to have to get her some more storage, ESO turning into a disk hog.

My PS4 update got to about 11gb downloaded before I thought sod that and deleted it, definitely wasn't just an update! :D
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • Gadget4
    Gadget4
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my days, @lillybit, thank you ... I honestly didn’t know I could switch between versions like that :#

Yes, PS4 has updated to v2.18 .. which was what I saw this morning

PS5 EU (UK)
    PS5 NA
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my days, @lillybit, thank you ... I honestly didn’t know I could switch between versions like that :#

Yes, PS4 has updated to v2.18 .. which was what I saw this morning

You're welcome! I'm sure navigating the PS5 system will be second nature pretty soon, at the moment tho it's still very... umm... quirky! :D
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mmm. The patch notes mention a PS4/PS5 update, but the PS5 version number is 1.00. Does this mean that all those fixes mentioned in the patch notes where already present in the release last week for PS5?
    Options
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i got it too very confusing. Maybe ps5 upgrade is grapic and need ps4 in backdround but hope zos can give a answear.
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
    Options
  • H3rBie
    H3rBie
    ✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    Mmm. The patch notes mention a PS4/PS5 update, but the PS5 version number is 1.00. Does this mean that all those fixes mentioned in the patch notes where already present in the release last week for PS5?

what patch notes do you mean, don't see the ones for todays patch
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

No, nothing was reverted. It had to do with how things were submitted through first party, but rest assured everything from Update 30 is still included, along with the fixes listed today.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shouldn't we have got patch notes last week if that was the case? I was under the impression that everyone needed to be on the same patch to play together on the same server
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ps5 version will have a seperate update?
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    Ps5 version will have a seperate update?

Who knows! :D

No, nothing was reverted. It had to do with how things were submitted through first party, but rest assured everything from Update 30 is still included, along with the fixes listed today.

Does that mean we should still be getting a download for the PS5 version? Because there's been nothing so far
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    lillybit wrote: »

Shouldn't we have got patch notes last week if that was the case? I was under the impression that everyone needed to be on the same patch to play together on the same server

The Console Enhanced update last week didn't require a patch, and everyone on PlayStation plays on the same build. Just the patch number is different depending if you're on a PS4 or PS5 system.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭

So, do or don't we have to expect a client update for PS5 today? This is still unclear. (I just checked and there still isn't one).
    Options
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully it comes before servers are up. I really don't want to log in to the multiple bugs that's apparently fixed for ps4 version
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Console Enhanced update last week didn't require a patch, and everyone on PlayStation plays on the same build. Just the patch number is different depending if you're on a PS4 or PS5 system.

Thanks, our answers crossed but that was kinda what I was saying in my normal cack-handed way! Any idea when we can expect the download for PS5? I know there's a couple of hours of maintenence left still but it can take a while
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

So, do or don't we have to expect a client update for PS5 today? This is still unclear. (I just checked and there still isn't one).

There is a patch today! The download just hasn't become available yet, but it should be soon.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My PS5 version updated no problem, but the PS4 wants to download a 99 GB patch, and wouldn't you know it, I only have 92 GB available on the PS5.
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    My PS5 version updated no problem, but the PS4 wants to download a 99 GB patch, and wouldn't you know it, I only have 92 GB available on the PS5.

That's what worried me in the first place, with no PS5 update and PS4 redownloading the whole thing it felt very broken!

Wait, your PS5 version updated??

Edited for typo
    Edited by lillybit on June 23, 2021 2:06PM
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what worried me in the first place, with no PS5 update and PS4 redownloading the whole thing it felt very broken!

Edited for typo

Yeah, it was only 2-3 GB I think and now it's version 1.000.001.
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edited for typo

Yeah, it was only 2-3 GB I think and now it's version 1.000.001.

Weird, Gina said a while ago it wasn't available yet and it's definitely not here for me yet still.
    PS4 EU
    Options