Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Dear ZOS. Please make smart healing a TOGGLEABLE SETTING

KuroyukiESO
KuroyukiESO
✭✭✭
This is my proposal for how to bring some level of happiness to all types of PvP players with the smart healing feature. You should be able to toggle between 3 settings in your menu.

1). Heal any friendly targets. This would be as is now, healing any friendly target in the area with targetable heals such as honor the dead or rapid Regen.

2). Only party members. This would limit your targeted heals to only your party members, so that way you would you prioritize your OWN friends, and not every random player in the area.

3). Self Healing Only. This would limit targeted heals to only the player themselves. It would be for people like me, who want to play solo PvP and actually stay alive sometimes. Instead of healing every random person in the area who can't seem to stop dying and wasting all of my own Magicka when all I want to do is HEAL MYSELF.

Please, give this some thought. Thank you.
XboxNA/ PS4 NA/ PC NATemplar and DK all day babyI make YouTube videos: https://youtube.com/kingkurotv
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls Offline.

I've been wanting this version for a while.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would 100% get behind this. The only thing better than trying to heal yourself at <50% health and instead it goes to some random afk in oils or whatever is when you're playing with a friend and they're getting trained by a whole group while you smash breath of life/polar wind/resistant flesh/regen only for it to keep going everywhere but to them. Then they die and you feel bad about it.

Speaking of which, why is it that when I'm trying to heal my partner after he's aggroed a zerg and taking serious damage does my heal often go to me still, even when he's at like 25% health and standing right in front of me and I'm at 100% health? Resistant flesh seems particularly bad about this. "smart" healing lul

Hell even healing just being prioritized to always go to you, or your group if you're in one, when below a certain health percent threshold would be a major improvement.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not arguing about the suggestion itself. I am just pointing out that this would require the server to do an additional check every time a heal was used in Cyrodiil, adding to the server load Zos seems to be trying to reduce.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't play group content solo?

use a self-heal?
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krayl wrote: »

use a self-heal?

What self burst heals do magplar, magcro, or magblade have at their disposal?
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    I am not arguing about the suggestion itself. I am just pointing out that this would require the server to do an additional check every time a heal was used in Cyrodiil, adding to the server load Zos seems to be trying to reduce.

It would, but for any that were toggled on group or self it could potentially do many less checks for those people.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

use a self-heal?

It's alliance content.
  • KuroyukiESO
    KuroyukiESO
    ✭✭✭

use a self-heal?

That the thing, Cyrodiil is not group content. It's meant to play HOW YOU WANT. We literally got cross healing back because of all the solo healers that whined about not being able to heal ransoms. We need a middle ground. I DON'T want to heal ransoms. They can die for all I care. I just want to sustain MYSELF. That's what I build my character for using the limited resources ZOS has provided. But in some situations, you just can't. This should be a relatively easy fix.
    XboxNA/ PS4 NA/ PC NATemplar and DK all day babyI make YouTube videos: https://youtube.com/kingkurotv
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, it's mostly about Rapid Regeneration and this skill is more dumb than smart. Usually heals everybody and their grandma instead of you.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have my vote.

I am someone that believes healers and tanks are terms that only apply in group content. People that got to Cyro on a healer build without a group are mostly just AP leachers. They think they are helping the cause, but 99% of the time, they are not. Shame all the complaints brought back cross healing.
  • Ythotha
    Ythotha
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

"server load" is a meme at this point.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% agree.

I'd settle for group only even. Just....something.

All the warden complaint threads and no one ever stops to think... maybe its because their self heal always lands...

...until you're using polar wind in your duo and you heal every other fodder piece that decides to run in around you, but your group mate.

• Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »

use a self-heal?

Magplar has honor the dead. Magcro idk bc I hate necromancy. Magblade does not have a burst heal, they only heal through damage.

There are several heals that target yourself only. I also like the ritual of rebirth, which heals everyone around you.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    JayKwellen wrote: »

use a self-heal?

Magplar has honor the dead. Magcro idk bc I hate necromancy. Magblade does not have a burst heal, they only heal through damage.

There are several heals that target yourself only. I also like the ritual of rebirth, which heals everyone around you.

Honor the dead is poor choice for self heal considering its "smart" heal which is unreliable to use with players around you

Sorc is another example. You have good ammounts of heals to use but you have no emergency heal at all. Dark deal is interruptable and stupid thing to use while under pressure. Pet is complete waste of slot. In gets in your was and its generaly hated.

Magblade has no heal at all in his skilltree

Thats why so many people use resto staff for self healing. Burst healing was always for magicka but now most of stam players have 2h rally which is excelent emergency heal while you have vigor for over time healing.
    Its impossible to land heal on yourself if you have players around you. From personal experience. You can try it yourself. Go to cyrodiil, jump from roof of some outpost with 5players on landing zone. Then heal yourself. I guarantee to you it will heal EVERY other player with full health and you will get heal as last person.

Resto heals are stupid and useless outside of ballgroup. Imagine you have rapid regen with cost of 10k+ mag just for one selfheal
    Edited by Anyron on June 28, 2021 8:20AM
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be awesome, no downsides to this suggestion!