The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why No Discounts on Packs With Items We Already Own?

Khedrakb14_ESO
Khedrakb14_ESO
✭✭✭
There are packs that I'd be willing to purchase, except for one reason. I already have an item or more from most of the packs in the Crown Store that I haven't already purchased.

Like the Year Two Megapack: DLC I have the Clockwork City DLC but not the others, and no discount on it. Like the upgrades that some of us missed the pre purchase but did buy the Deluxe. We just need the Pre Purchase items in those packs.

What I want to know is why we don't receive a discounted on the packs with items that we already own. Most other games do give a discount on packs with items you already own in them. Even one of Bethesda's own games, Fallout 76 gives a discount on packages if you already own something with it.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are packs that I'd be willing to purchase, except for one reason. I already have an item or more from most of the packs in the Crown Store that I haven't already purchased.

Like the Year Two Megapack: DLC I have the Clockwork City DLC but not the others, and no discount on it. Like the upgrades that some of us missed the pre purchase but did buy the Deluxe. We just need the Pre Purchase items in those packs.

What I want to know is why we don't receive a discounted on the packs with items that we already own. Most other games do give a discount on packs with items you already own in them. Even one of Bethesda's own games, Fallout 76 gives a discount on packages if you already own something with it.

same applies to the guilds thing , i have thievs and imperial city collectors, yet the pack is still the same price.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I assume it's a matter of having to go and code to allow the prices on a crown store item (a bundle) to vary for the same item.

Which doesn't appear to be a current feature beyond "Is user ESO+? Y/N"

Doable, but they'd have to do it.
    PC NA
  • Krym
    Krym
    ✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    I assume it's a matter of having to go and code to allow the prices on a crown store item (a bundle) to vary for the same item.

Which doesn't appear to be a current feature beyond "Is user ESO+? Y/N"

Doable, but they'd have to do it.
    or, you know, offer the single packs for the same discount or 1-2% higher. I get they want people to pay for ESO+ and there's plenty in the store to screw over users that don't know better (like vamp/ww skill lines or storage upgrades), but there comes a point where it gets dumb. if they can't or don't want people to buy single packs, this effectively means people need to either not buy it at all and wait till the bundle drops or buy the CE every time just to be sure. thing is most people grab ESO+ for the bag and storage (especially since they stopped pretending they care about storage space by going "just buy plus lawl"), there's really no need to get stupid with their sales when all it does is *** people off. or to put it this way: you catch more flies with honey.
    same applies to the guilds thing , i have thievs and imperial city collectors, yet the pack is still the same price.
    DB has been on sale a few times, orsinium.. can't remember last time I saw it on sale. according to uesp it was on sale for it's first anniversary, not sure about the other ones. same with the two DLCs in the current bundle besides clockwork city (which was on sale only a few months ago when I bought it, can't remember when since finding a history of sales is a pain in the butt, might have been it's anniversary in october)
    Edited by Krym on June 24, 2021 2:12AM
  • Gerebos
    Gerebos
    Soul Shriven
    I post here because I do not want to open other post about this.
    I am disappointed about this issue too,okay I understood that the whole marketing of ESO revolves around ESO Plus membership (I don't understand or know why Zenimax - Bethesda forces this even today when there's so many other options )but is annoying and frustrating that they refuse to use offerts /bonuses/reductions more often or permanently for non premium membership related things.
    In my opinion it would not hurt some more serious promotion for the non premium membership related things too but they got a department full with very well paid employees to think about pushing Premium Membership deep in our throat.
    I hope for Christmas they got something good and some great updates on this matter.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would the store, which is set up for transactions from its own inventory know what you have in a house? Last time I checked, there is no central list of all the furniture you own. Add in all the possible places to store the furniture, I don't think there is any way to code this.

Besides, you can always use two of something....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• RicAlmighty
    RicAlmighty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    How would the store, which is set up for transactions from its own inventory know what you have in a house? Last time I checked, there is no central list of all the furniture you own. Add in all the possible places to store the furniture, I don't think there is any way to code this.

He's talking about DLC not individual pieces of furniture. Destiny has been doing this for years, it's not that hard, they just need to set aside time to do it. They already know what you own because the store will give you a warning when you attempt to purchase something that contains content you already own they just don't give you the discount for it. I'm sure it's not a priority because it would result in less purchases of the entire pack. Hell, they could even charge you for the whole pack and then refund crowns back after the fact based on what you already own
    Edited by RicAlmighty on December 4, 2021 10:43PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

He's talking about DLC not individual pieces of furniture. Destiny has been doing this for years, it's not that hard, they just need to set aside time to do it. They already know what you own because the store will give you a warning when you attempt to purchase something that contains content you already own they just don't give you the discount for it. I'm sure it's not a priority because it would result in less purchases of the entire pack. Hell, they could even charge you for the whole pack and then refund crowns back after the fact based on what you already own

Ahh yes. Somehow I read furniture, must have had another thread open at the same time.

It would easier to tally up what DLCs you have on your account.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"