The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any good 2H options for back bar?

MudcrabAttack
MudcrabAttack
✭✭✭✭
Maelstrom 2H seems messed up to me, the proc damage only adds 1k DPS when I use stampede. It's pretty bad compared to a maelstrom bow, which adds around 3-4k DPS, or staff which buffs light attacks a ton. I'd really like some way to incorporate a 2H weapon on the back bar since stampede got a nice buff.

Does anyone else have something they like to use?
Edited by MudcrabAttack on June 21, 2021 7:47PM
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also nice Blackrose 2h for Dizzy Swing/Wrecking Blow with splash dmg effect or great Cleaver from Dragonstar arena - second option is probably better for AOE.

You can also try Vateshan 2h which gives you bonus to overall dmg (something around 200dmg) with option of powerful splash dmg activated by HA.

Other options for nice 2h are from sets, like Undaunted Infiltrator, Seargeant, Spriggan or Sword-singer - each of them would give you considerable boost but of course you will need to combine them with body pieces & jewelry (especially Seargeant, cause it is Heavy Armour).
    Edited by Ippokrates on June 21, 2021 9:09PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maelstrom 2H seems messed up to me, the proc damage only adds 1k DPS when I use stampede. It's pretty bad compared to a maelstrom bow, which adds around 3-4k DPS, or staff which buffs light attacks a ton. I'd really like some way to incorporate a 2H weapon on the back bar since stampede got a nice buff.

For a 2H backbar, it's the best you can do in pve. It seems low, but remember, Stampede is extremely strong now, like stronger than any other 10s dot in the game.

The main purpose of Stampede, Volley, Wall of Elements and Blade Cloak is to proc your back bar enchantments via their specific aoe dots. So although VMA 2H doesn't seem very strong, the set + the actual skills overperformance is probably equal in value to the other 3.

Some of the skills total damage is carried by the set, others are great from mostly the base ability. Like VMA Destro is so good, it can be used on Stamina PVE builds now with equal proficiency as the other Stamina weapon options.

So yeah, it's the best choice you can get. Casting Vate 2H is another option, but it's not necessary becasue Rally does nothing for dps so casting it is going to kill your rotation.. unless you really need Major Brutality, but even then, you should be using Weapon Power pots if you care about DPS in the first place.

You don't want to spend much time on your back bar anyway, usually 2-3 dots then swap for most builds.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about a back bar 5pc? Maybe acuity.

I think vateshran will be useless as rally is useless.
    Blackrose is a joke imo
    Master's maybe good for crowded pulls, maybe
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Maelstrom, but that's from pre-Nerf. Now that most of the damage has been folded into Stampede I'm pondering to switch to Vateshran - but then, I already use Forward Momentum. While using potions it's obviously rather pointless.

The Master 2h isn't bad for AoE, but I doubt you'll get that much more mileage out of it vs just spamming the new Stampede.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I tested 2H Mealstrom against Bow Maelstrom the 2H outperformed the bow for total DPS.

It did not matter if I activated Stampede at exactly the 10 second CD mark or waited until 15 seconds when the final tick of Merciless Charge expired (Stampede ticks renew Merciless Charge with every tick so it lasts to 15 seconds even though Stampede only lasts 10 seconds), both did more damage than Endless Hail on CD.

Refreshing Stampede on CD did cost more Stamina overall though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love my merciless charge backbar. I never liked using ground targeted skills like volley, and it's nice have a gap closer in stampede.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any 5pc sets that would work well on back bar? That would leave you able to run another 5pc set, weapon set front bar, and either a monster set or 1 slimecraw + Harpooner’s kilt.

Maybe something like Briarheart, Aegis Caller or War Machine. I’m not sure if Yandir works on a single bar, and most of the traditional single bar sets have only 5s duration, and would take a lot of bar swaps to maintain.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any 5pc sets that would work well on back bar? That would leave you able to run another 5pc set, weapon set front bar, and either a monster set or 1 slimecraw + Harpooner’s kilt.

Maybe something like Briarheart, Aegis Caller or War Machine. I’m not sure if Yandir works on a single bar, and most of the traditional single bar sets have only 5s duration, and would take a lot of bar swaps to maintain.

In PvE, you used to be able to get away with Tzogvin on the back-bar before the duration was reduced to 5 seconds (IMO, a pointless and destructive change) but that doesn't really work anymore.

In PvP, the universe of possibilities opens up considerably and on like a group play Harmony bomber you can use Clever Alchemist back-bar and Acuity front-bar along with Balorgh, one-piece Trainee, and a Mythic of your choice. It precludes using the popular Maelstrom Resto back-bar but it's got the highest non-proc burst damage upside of just about any build.

For Yandir, I do believe that it was changed recently to require being double-barred, unfortunately.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pillar of Nirn probably would be the only decent 5pc back bar option. 10s proc on any damage. Supposedly it deals decent damage
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • DieterP
    DieterP
    ✭✭
    There is a set in this game right now that when combined with the maelstrom 2H is total cheese. The way the maelstrom proc works changes the 5 piece bonus completely making it *** OP. I don’t want to even mention it because I’d like to enjoy it while I can.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DieterP wrote: »
    There is a set in this game right now that when combined with the maelstrom 2H is total cheese. The way the maelstrom proc works changes the 5 piece bonus completely making it *** OP. I don’t want to even mention it because I’d like to enjoy it while I can.

Unleashed terror, old old news friend-o
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not a PvP player but have been getting on just fine without any of the popular arena weapons on my back bar. Stamden still hitting 93K in Rele plus AY with 1pc Slimecraw and kilt. I’m running 2H front bar and DW back. Had thought about going double 2H just for kicks and trying out maelstrom to see how it works out but I still prefer the setup I have now because I do t have to worry about keeping any stacks and can fight on either bar as needed.
    Edited by Everest_Lionheart on July 7, 2021 9:38PM
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m. It a PvP player but have been getting on just fine without any of the popular arena weapons on my back bar. Stamden still hitting 93K in Rele plus AY with 1pc Slimecraw and kilt. I’m running 2H front bar and DW back. Had thought about going double 2H just for kicks and trying out maelstrom to see how it works out but I still prefer the setup I have now because I do t have to worry about keeping any stacks and can fight on either bar as needed.

You keep those stacks up too during pvp, eh?