The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magcro Blackwood changes

croakie
croakie
✭✭✭
I've looked at the few builds available for Magcro on Blackwood and most say nothing has changed, but I am not hitting the same as before (85 ish), I'm stuck around 78. I see 90-100 on the builds, and that's what people supposedly are hitting in the game. I have Siroria, MS, Zaan,
VMA inferno and an AOE rotation on a High Elf with Thief. Backstabber, Thaumaturge, Finess and (I forget) but not Deadly Aim. What is your Magcro build and what are you hitting? Any suggestions for changes?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magcro lost a lot of damage this patch. They went from getting 40-50% crit in execute down to 16-20%. That change alone is around 5% DPS loss, way overnerfed IMO.
  • croakie
    croakie
    ✭✭✭
    And yet some still hit over 90.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    croakie wrote: »
    And yet some still hit over 90.

True, 90k+ is still achievable. I just mean that the crit change combined with passive CP nerfs explain the 7k loss you’re experiencing. The Harpooner’s Wading Kilt can help you gain back 2-3k of that since it is better than Zaan.

Edit: Looking at logs apparently 100k is still possible. I can’t say I’ve pulled that off on magcro this patch.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on June 21, 2021 3:15PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magcro lost a lot of damage this patch. They went from getting 40-50% crit in execute down to 16-20%. That change alone is around 5% DPS loss, way overnerfed IMO.

Ya. The entire point of the passive was to hit 100% crit rate when target was under 25% in return for not having an execute.

I can out dps my magcro with my sorcerer using a simple frag spam build, without the hassle of Magcro's convoluted rotation.
    Edited by katorga on June 21, 2021 3:35PM
  • croakie
    croakie
    ✭✭✭
    So I should conceivably be able to hot at least mid 80s with this setup from what I’m hearing. Looks like I need to parse and parse and see where it goes.
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop your monster set. Run 1pc light slimecraw head or shoulder with the wading kilt legs, and then replace either the head or shoulder you’re missing with whatever set was on your legs. (MS/Medusa/Siro- unsure how you have it set up - I assume MS body for the crit both bars and siro front barred). Easy 100k or pretty close to. That’s how people are achieving such high numbers. Dotcro with a dynamic or even static rotation naturally hits harder than skullcro aswell. Also daggers front bar for parsing over inferno, though sometimes this isn’t very realistic in content but for the most part can be used in stack and burns. So it’s up to you if you want to use those for better numbers on the dummy.
    Edited by Astrid on June 21, 2021 4:39PM
  • croakie
    croakie
    ✭✭✭
    I haven’t kilted yet but I thought it only increased 3k with the kilt?
    Edited by croakie on June 21, 2021 4:34PM