Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cruel Flurry Maelstrom DW Question

michaelarryn
michaelarryn
✭✭✭
With the changes made to proc sets this most recent patch, was this inadvertently a buff to the set everyone slept on - the cruel flurry maelstrom dw set? DW really needs a buff for pvp, and these changes could help a lot if this weapon damage buff applied to DoT proc sets since they now scale off of weapon/spell damage.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Procs don't proc other procs.

If the set says: "Increases your weapon/spell damage against this one enemy", it is applied LAST and only the the target, after your base weapon/spell power calculated with Major Brutality/Sorcerery, other buffs, etc.

The difference being:

1.) Base Power +
    [Base Power * 0.2 (Major) ] +
    [Base Power * 0.1 (Minor) ] +
    Bonus Power to Ability/Type or Single Target
    = Total damage to target
    (See War Maiden's, Silks of the Sun, Ysgramor's Birthright, Netch's Touch, Draugrkin, Flanking Strategist, etc)

2.) (Base Spell + Julianos5th) +
    [ (Base SP + Julianos5th) * 0.2 (Major) ] +
    [ (Base Spell + Julianos5th) * 0.1 (Minor) ] +
    = Total damage to target
    (See Julianos, Hunding's, Stygian, Veiled Heritance, Seventh Legion, etc)

The 2nd situation is overall much better Since buffs are applied to these bonuses too.

Edit: Fixed my maths. :p
    Edited by Syrpynt on June 21, 2021 4:28AM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »
    Procs don't proc other procs.

This ESO mantra is pretty loose btw. Everything and anything is worth testing first.

I've always thought of that mantra specifically pertaining to sets with proc chances like Velidreth's "When you deal damage, you have a 20% chance to spawn 3 disease spores in front of you after 1 second..."

This means if you have another proc set like Grothdar doing damage every second in aoe for 5 seconds, none of the ticks provide that 20% chance to proc Velidreth... but even in this example I could be wrong because I know personally 3 scenario's where I have sets helping other sets out.
    1. Damage done sets like Dragon's Appetite increase damage for proc sets like Unleashed Terror or VMA 2H.
    2. VMA 2H will provide the bleed dot condition for Dragon's Appetite to even work in the first place.
    3. Azureblight will proc from dot sets like Unleashed Terror or VMA 2H.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on June 21, 2021 9:27PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite topic -

ZOS doesn't touch flurry for PvP because of PvE test dummy parses. I know this because I asked ZOS 5 years ago, 4 years ago, 3 years ago, and 2 years ago. I gave up - so id also give up - Zos dont reward different playstyles anymore.

Matter of fact just some history on VMA DW is the most nerfed weapon in the game, going on 5 times and getting worse with every PVE Test dummy parse. and it wasn't even nerfed because of PvP - it was nerfed because of build diversity and playstyle in PvE.

And flurry - my favorite spammable still keep getting nerfed when nobody even plays it. There's just a huge bias in ESO now that is favored towards independent ESO content creators that market ESO and have a business around it. That's my take I dont even play the game anymore because it's all the same but i enjoy watching people play.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    1. Damage done sets like Dragon's Appetite increase damage for proc sets like Unleashed Terror or VMA 2H.
    2. VMA 2H will provide the bleed dot condition for Dragon's Appetite to even work in the first place.
    3. Azureblight will proc from dot sets like Unleashed Terror or VMA 2H.

I was wrong to say ALL procs don't proc all other procs.

What I mean to say was that: in this case, the Maelstrom DW set only gives the damage bonus to DoT single target abilities, and thus doesn't affect single target DoT set procs.

Thank you for correcting me. There are cases where sets do proc damage. Which then can proc stat bonuses of other sets also.
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite topic -

ZOS doesn't touch flurry for PvP because of PvE test dummy parses. I know this because I asked ZOS 5 years ago, 4 years ago, 3 years ago, and 2 years ago. I gave up - so id also give up - Zos dont reward different playstyles anymore.

Matter of fact just some history on VMA DW is the most nerfed weapon in the game, going on 5 times and getting worse with every PVE Test dummy parse. and it wasn't even nerfed because of PvP - it was nerfed because of build diversity and playstyle in PvE.

And flurry - my favorite spammable still keep getting nerfed when nobody even plays it. There's just a huge bias in ESO now that is favored towards independent ESO content creators that market ESO and have a business around it. That's my take I dont even play the game anymore because it's all the same but i enjoy watching people play.

I’ll agree with this. I used to love using that skill on my stam sorc. It helped me get my first vma clear. It used to be so good and fun now it’s useless.