The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Companions can Heal Players Wearing RotPO

DuckFayth
DuckFayth
✭✭✭
I'm unsure if this is intended or not, but companions can heal players that are wearing the Ring of the Pale Order. I did a few different tests where I jumped off a cliff and then entered combat with something small like a wasp to allow Bastian to heal with different abilities. I know that Kindle and Rejuvenation both worked, so I'd venture to say the rest do as well. The wording of the mythic has caused a good bit of confusion in several of my guilds and in a few streams where this ends up a debate.

If it's intended I'd suggest the ROPO mythic description that says "You cannot be healed by anyone but yourself." be changed to "You cannot be healed by other players.".
  • Sirvaleen
    Sirvaleen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can combat pets heal you while you have the ring equipped ? If they do, it's probably intended for companions to follow the same pattern imho.
  • INe_Saninus
    INe_Saninus
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you post this on the forums...?!

Companions are there to make overland/dungeon stuff easier and more enjoyable for solo/small group players.

If it's not intended, what was it hurting? Just curious.

Imo, you should just let some things slide...
    Edited by INe_Saninus on June 20, 2021 8:24PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never had it work, or my healing with the ring is so insane I just don't notice. Or it doesn't work with Mirri.

Whatever the case the Blood Fountain is the only companion heal I have them slot for healing me. The 50% max health heal is All I need really.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    I never had it work, or my healing with the ring is so insane I just don't notice. Or it doesn't work with Mirri.

Whatever the case the Blood Fountain is the only companion heal I have them slot for healing me. The 50% max health heal is All I need really.

Especially when that 👀 synergy is so very broken
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the thing that used to block healing from outside sources right? It was recently changed. You can be healed by others, but the values and bonuses change depending on how many group members you are playing with now. Something like that.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the thing that used to block healing from outside sources right? It was recently changed. You can be healed by others, but the values and bonuses change depending on how many group members you are playing with now. Something like that.

The tooltip still says "You cannot be healed by anyone other than yourself."
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think of your companion as a fancy pet. Which it functions as.

Question. Can we buff our companions?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think of your companion as a fancy pet. Which it functions as.

Question. Can we buff our companions?

Yes, I've given them and allied companions the Spell Power Cure buff.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually, the self-heal of the ring is now reduced based on how many people are in group. But it is still self-heals only.
  • DuckFayth
    DuckFayth
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you post this on the forums...?!

Companions are there to make overland/dungeon stuff easier and more enjoyable for solo/small group players.

If it's not intended, what was it hurting? Just curious.

Imo, you should just let some things slide...

My reasoning is in the last line, I'd like for the wording to be updated so that players understand the ring better. There may be people avoiding using the ring because they believe their companion can't heal them if they use it.
  • DuckFayth
    DuckFayth
    ✭✭✭

The update made the ring less effective in groups to discourage players from using it in settings like trials or dungeons. You can still only heal yourself and no one else can heal you. "Yourself" is just also classified as pets and companions.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I assume it's intended. Most people would probably ditch their companion over the ring lol. The ring is a million times more useful.

And why do you care if it's in the wording or not? You know it works so...

If people don't know if it work or not, put it on lol. Takes like 2 seconds to find out.

I swear, everything has to be spoon-fed to everyone on this game.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Actually, the self-heal of the ring is now reduced based on how many people are in group. But it is still self-heals only.

Do companions count as a group, and reduce the PO heal buff?
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

I wouldn't think so, but I'd like to know this too. Anyone have any confirmation of this either way?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does indeed reduce the heal. Having one extra player and we both have our companions out reduces the Pale Order Ring's healing to just 8%.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It does indeed reduce the heal. Having one extra player and we both have our companions out reduces the Pale Order Ring's healing to just 8%.

Good to know, I've been struggling with trying to match PO heals to damage to get a accurate test.