The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How in 7 years has ranked battlegrounds not been added?

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
As an example:

Diamond 1, 2, 3
Platinum 1, 2, 3
Gold 1, 2, 3
Silver 1, 2, 3
Bronze 1, 2, 3

You can have this code complete in 2-3 sprints. Why has it not been added? Where's the leadership?

- Make the ranks ESO themed
- Let us see player ranks on the BG scoreboard

Future work:

- Delete the current BG leaderboards because they're useless. Instead show top players based on MMR.
- Expose unit ranks via lua api for addons
- Reward highest ranked players at end of 3 month season (titles, mounts, outfits, polymorphs, emotes)
PC NA
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Throw us some PvP content even something as simple as this.
  • quickblade418
    quickblade418
    ✭✭✭
    There's not enought population queuing to have all these ranks sadly, it would great I do agree.

The most population queuing are casual pvers just doing it for the dailies rewards.

To have a decent game with 12 players of 'fair' experience (not a single low experience player) , we would need to wait 45 minutes to an hour for queues to pop. It used to be like that a good 30-45 minutes of waiting but at least we had some decent gameplay deathmatch (because yes at that time we were able to choose deathmatch)
    NA PC

EP
    - Ishkashi - Magplar
    - Orchish - Stamplar
    - Amerikan Knight - Stam DK
    - Déàth - Mag DK
    - Psychic Venom - Mag NB
    - Made in Quebec - Stam NB
    - Death'inately not Dëäth - Stamden

DC
    - Dëàth - Mag DK
    - Death-îsh - Magden

AD
    - Lìfe - Magden
    - Déäth - Mag DK
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think @quickblade418 has a valid point. Since Zenimax does not seem to be catering heavily to the PvP world and the game lacks the population for it they may have chosen the business decision to forgo a ranked system.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ranked implies there is something inherently competetive about the format.

4v4v4 hodgepodge game modes are a meme and wanting a ranked environment for them is equally comical.

The fact that it's a 3 team affair specifically because they wanted BGs to be casual friendly and low stakes where the win condition was equal parts a toss up should be answer enough. Battlegrounds as they have been implemented in eso have no business having a ranked variation.
    Edited by exeeter702 on June 20, 2021 4:34PM
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranked BGs/Arenas would be so cool
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game isn't balanced around competitive ranked combat.
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    As an example:

Diamond 1, 2, 3
    Platinum 1, 2, 3
    Gold 1, 2, 3
    Silver 1, 2, 3
    Bronze 1, 2, 3

You can have this code complete in 2-3 sprints. Why has it not been added? Where's the leadership?

- Make the ranks ESO themed
    - Let us see player ranks on the BG scoreboard

Future work:

- Delete the current BG leaderboards because they're useless. Instead show top players based on MMR.
    - Expose unit ranks via lua api for addons
    - Reward highest ranked players at end of 3 month season (titles, mounts, outfits, polymorphs, emotes)

Totally agree with this
    Alucardo wrote: »
    This game isn't balanced around competitive ranked combat.

This game isn't yet competitive at all, but battlegrounds are the only thing that is "almost" competitive.

a REAL ranking system will make more balanced match and eventually more player will join the queue.
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

4v4v4 hodgepodge game modes are a meme and wanting a ranked environment for them is equally comical.

The fact that it's a 3 team affair specifically because they wanted BGs to be casual friendly and low stakes where the win condition was equal parts a toss up should be answer enough. Battlegrounds as they have been implemented in eso have no business having a ranked variation.

Then why is there a hidden MMR in this game that never falls off?
    When I hit 500 CP my main got stuck in games where I play mostly against 1200-2000CP people, new characters fall into that range after a few games. Totally ok, without CP, but it's about gears, experience, etc. (skipping the fact that BG is high MMR is a strange crossover Harry Poter with Jumper movie, because 3/4 of the players are sorc.)

7v4ABvF

The current system is neither friendly to beginners nor old players. This is the worst system there is. And for so many years (I've been playing myself since 2016) nothing has changed. The BGs don't have any attractive system to encourage players to play in it in any way.

Battlegrouds need a new system, leagues, a better MMR system because personally I'm tired of the current state of affairs and BG is the last thing I can recommend at this game.
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »
    a REAL ranking system will make more balanced match and eventually more player will join the queue.

Agreed, ranking with some new rewards would bring loads of new players.
  • Cozzy1991
    Cozzy1991
    ✭✭✭
    Not enough player base and no incentive to do ranked BG matches. BG’s are toxic enough as it is. You get 5+ whispers a game of random twelves telling you to off yourself because you hurt their ego (not that you can respond. If you tell them to bugger off you get a perma ban, like me) 😂 add a competitive ranked system and that will multiply tenfold!
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrMazurski wrote: »
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Then why is there a hidden MMR in this game that never falls off?
    When I hit 500 CP my main got stuck in games where I play mostly against 1200-2000CP people, new characters fall into that range after a few games. Totally ok, without CP, but it's about gears, experience, etc. (skipping the fact that BG is high MMR is a strange crossover Harry Poter with Jumper movie, because 3/4 of the players are sorc.)

7v4ABvF

The current system is neither friendly to beginners nor old players. This is the worst system there is. And for so many years (I've been playing myself since 2016) nothing has changed. The BGs don't have any attractive system to encourage players to play in it in any way.

Battlegrouds need a new system, leagues, a better MMR system because personally I'm tired of the current state of affairs and BG is the last thing I can recommend at this game.

Do not conflate an mmr system facilitating player separation based on experience and capability with a ranked format being applicable here.

There is actually quite little in terms of a ceiling for which high level 4v4v4 becomes interesting. If you want a ranked format, you first need to ditch the awful 4v4v4 format, full stop. Thinking that structure alongside even DM, let alone the extremely weak objective modes would make for an interesting experience is silly.

Even in high mmr since morrowind up through now, BGs become an absolute joke. The reason people like them, myself included, and why most really only want to play DM is because it's simply about getting into skirmishes quickly, and where individual performance carries more weight compared to cyrodil shenanigans. But this is in the moment to moment micro fights throughout a bg match. It has nothing to do with some kind of deeper strategy.

4v4v4 BGs was a mistake for a number of reasons, ranked format and beyond.
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not bothered by my rank in PvP, all I want is just play and enjoy. I understand why people want it though, but I'm only up for it if there won't be any advantage of having a high rank over others. The reason I quit WoW at first, is because I need to sink in hours and hours of gameplay to get the top gear, and I don't really have the time for it anymore. ESO on other hand is really friendly to players that don't have time, there might be a grind or whatever, but it doesn't take ages to get the gear, it would suck if ESO became hardcore game that I wouldn't be able fully enjoy, because time.
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    please ranked bgs