The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Survey Map western Skyrim Bug - Get one pay two

CurseDeReaper
A friend told me he had a weird problem with his western Skyrim surveys and I tried to recreate the situation (which isn't hard).
Long story short: If you collect a survey in western Skyrim you lose two from your inventory instead of one. And if we aren't total idiots you might even lose a survey from your bank thanks to this bug.

Some of you might not have encountred the bug because you collect the surveys when you get them. I collect them until the free eso plus week comes along so I can put the ressources in the crafting back.

My friend went to western skyrim with single copies of surveys but also with stacked suveys. When he collected one of his alchemy surveys he haven't found them again when he returned and he realized that both surveys went missing. After that he went to the woodworking survey and tried to confirm if he actually loses two instead of one survey. After he confirmed that there was a bug he tried to put one of his remaining woodworking surveys in the bank with Ezabi and keep one in the invenotry. After collecting the woodworking survey he tried to speak to Ezabi and get the remaining woodworking survey from the Bank but it was missing.
After that I started recording me when collecting surveys. For now I only encountered the bug where you lose two surveys when collecting one in western Skyrim. And now I have a recording that shows how two surveys were missing from my inventory after I collected a clothing survey in western Skyrim. There could be certain areas where this bug occurs. Currently the only confirmed area is western skyrim. The Bug appeared on PC EU by two persons (me and my friend) and on X-Box (a reddit user told me).

Glenumbra and Craglore appear to be save to collect multiple surveys for now. Would be good if we can track if there are more areas than western Skyrim that are bugged in regards of Survey Maps.

I hope this helps to get rid of the bug. Take care everyone and watch your surveys. You won't get compensated for your surveys by the support. I asked and they said they can't restore lost surveys and didn't offered anything else. So if you try to help figuring out which areas are buged you'll lose value. If you want to play it save keep your surveys on ununsed characters and collect each survey only in stacks of 1.
If you try to keep them in the bank and take one out to collect them watch your bank because you might lose suveys from the bank. I didn't tried to recreat that case because I don't have a Banker like Ezabi. It might be that your Surveys are save in the bank as long as you don't have Ezabi with you. But that is a speculation.
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    Happened to me this morning also in Western Skyrim with clothing and jewellery surveys. Thought I was going mad 🤣
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed this. Luckily I had only a few this time and not dozens...
    FIXIT
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    Happened to me today also.
    I saved 12 jewellery surveys ... and lost them all after 6 uses, only to find out afterwards of this bug when searching the forums.
    :#:'(
  • CurseDeReaper
    Oh ha...
    I'm sorry hearing that you all lost so many surveys. If I count the total my friend had who noticed the bug we only lost 4 together.

I basicly provoked getting affected by the west skyrim survey bug so I could share a video with the support and get informations on how to inform the eso community.

Sadly I doubt we get compensated or our lost surveys back. The support said they can't return the lost surveys to us.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just lost three this way, I just googled to see if this was a known bug, lost an alchemy, woodworking and a clothing one (pretty annoyed about the clohing one since I need dreugh wax). Interestingly, I had 3 woodworking ones and I was able to get two of them before the last one disappeared.

On PS5 so I just clipped the last hour of my gameplay as proof for Support.
  • Jinxxy85
    Jinxxy85
    ✭✭✭
    Had the same bug this past week (PS5) in Western Skyrim. I knew it was a known bug at the moment but wasn't aware until last night that banking surveys doesn't stop them from being consumed as well. Lost a few surveys but nothing too major thankfully. Hopefully something that gets patched soon.
  • CurseDeReaper
    Jinxxy85 wrote: »
    Had the same bug this past week (PS5) in Western Skyrim. I knew it was a known bug at the moment but wasn't aware until last night that banking surveys doesn't stop them from being consumed as well. Lost a few surveys but nothing too major thankfully. Hopefully something that gets patched soon.

Thank you for confirming that. The only one who experienced it befor was my friend who informed me about this bug
  • blackpool9
    blackpool9
    ✭✭✭
    I was not aware of this bug and lost 5 woodworking surveys, 3 alchemy surveys, 5 clothing surveys and 2 jewelry surveys before I realized what was happening. PC/NA.

Don't suppose there's a chance of getting my surveys back?

What? Eh?

Oh.
  • blackpool9
    blackpool9
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to see some acknowledgment/publicity from ZOS regarding this bug, to try to keep others from finding this out the hard way, as I did today. In the grand scheme of things, 15 survey maps is a drop in the bucket to the 1100+ I'll have completed by tomorrow. But it still hurts.

@ZOS_GinaBruno ??
  • SekaiXD
    SekaiXD
    ✭✭
    So, I was in Western Skyrim, doing my surveys, and I started to think I was going nuts, because when I had multiple copies of the same survey, they disappeared. So, I checked and screen capped, and yes, they are disappearing.

Here I am at the woodworking survey, ready to harvest. I have 2 woodworking surveys in my inventory:
    1ox8nnaas3i0.png

I then harvested the nodes and checked my invent again - both surveys are gone:
    vxcwdwu24eit.png

This is a MAJOR bug for players who do survey writs. I realise that I lost 1 Enchanting, 2 Blacksmithing. 1 Woodworking, and 1 Alchemy survey because of this.

I had my companion, Mirri out at the time. I have not checked if this happens if she's not there. I don't want to lose anymore surveys! @ZOS_GinaBruno When is this bug going to be fixed?
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has it been FIXED yet ?
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So not only is the plentiful harvest bugged and under performing, but this now means even less from manual node farming.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC|EU
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    So not only is the plentiful harvest bugged and under performing, but this now means even less from manual node farming.

Except the Western Skyrim survey bug was fixed on all platforms already, per the patch notes linked above.

If the fix didn’t work for everyone, then no one has mentioned it.

Here is PlayStation’s version to cover the last platform:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/582377/playstation-patch-notes-v2-20-1-02