The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cadwell silver and gold

korbel05
korbel05
Hi all,
I just started to play new character with my wife and I would like to do all 3 faction q lines before going to Coldharbour so she can know the characters she will meet in Coldharbour (when I played first time last xmass I follow the original line and went to Coldharbour immediately after my faction q line, after that I was dissapointed that I did not know characters from other factions first).
My question is... if we do all faction lines first and then Coldharbour, will we get Cadwell silver and gold quests? Ofc they should be completed so I assume we could turn them immediately, but the question is, will we get them or not at all?
Its all about soul shivern motiff book for Cadwell silver q.

Best Answer

• Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, cadwell's silver and gold will always be available. As no quest disappears until you finish it. Some only appear when you did the pre-required quests though, like Cadwell's silver/gold.
    Answer ✓
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good question. I really am not sure which the correct answer is, but I share my guess, hoping to be helpful.

It happened to me to have done part of the quest line for zones, namely that of Varandis and the last part of the Rift one. This did not affect Caldwell silver/gold, that I followed much later, so I surmise that Caldwell's quests to start depends only upon the completion of the main quest line.

OFC what I've already done before was automatically considered as done when I did the Caldwell's, and I got the full prize.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After doing quite some zones/alliances recently: You do not get cadwell's silver/gold without completing the coldharbour main questline. As Cadwell's silver/gold are only offered after completing the game's main questline. Had this happen on a character just last week. Where I had completed the first alliance, but to my surprise did not have Cadwell's silver activated yet.

Also, you do not have to complete the entire first alliance to complete the main questline/coldharbour questline, and start with the second alliance. I know this because some of my characters had the mainquest completed, yet not the first alliance. If you do this, keep in mind the mainquest does take you further into some of the first alliance's zones. So it would require some traveling.

Edit: You can however create three characters on different alliances, and complete every alliance one by one.
    Edited by Sarannah on June 17, 2021 8:02PM
  • korbel05
    korbel05
    Sarannah wrote: »
    After doing quite some zones/alliances recently: You do not get cadwell's silver/gold without completing the coldharbour main questline. As Cadwell's silver/gold are only offered after completing the game's main questline. Had this happen on a character just last week. Where I had completed the first alliance, but to my surprise did not have Cadwell's silver activated yet.

Also, you do not have to complete the entire first alliance to complete the main questline/coldharbour questline, and start with the second alliance. I know this because some of my characters had the mainquest completed, yet not the first alliance. If you do this, keep in mind the mainquest does take you further into some of the first alliance's zones. So it would require some traveling.

Edit: You can however create three characters on different alliances, and complete every alliance one by one.

well we finished AD line (our alliance), now we are finishing DC and then we go EP. We did main quest just until Messages across Tamriel (meeting of alliance leaders). We are going to first finish DC and EP, then we will continue main quest and finish Coldharbour. After that we should get Cadwell silver/gold, but I need to know if those quests will be accessible when we will have DC and EP lines finished.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually do the main quest (Coldharbour included) before reaching lvl 50. This is sufficient to open the silver Caldwell, even if I have not yet touched my original alliance quest line. My main on NA is DC, has completed gold and has yet to start the Glenumbra quests...

What is already done in any alliance and is comprised in the Caldwell Almanac, counts for the silver/gold quests.

Consider besides, that some secondary quests are necessary to complete Caldwell's. If I well remember there are a pair of them in Deshaan.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say for sure because I did silver/gold after the main and alliance quests, but my guess is they count, because iirc Caldwell only checks off the areas cleared, so if you have them done already they should be cleared and he will grant the completion. But saying this with a grain of salt, since I haven't checked it.
  • korbel05
    korbel05
    thank you guys for info, thats exactly what I needed to know.... gl on your travels
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The main quest can never be abandoned, so fear not! You can complete the alliance quest lines before getting Silver and Gold's respective questlines, and get credit once you talk to Cadwell.
    Edited by Destai on June 28, 2021 2:58AM