Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

vKA Falgravn Bug - Invisible Torturer Telegraph

Pearly
Pearly
✭✭✭
Every time my group gets to the 3rd floor on Falgravn in vKA HM, there is such an inconsistency in the presence of the telegraph where Falgravn shows which prisoner cages are going to open. When he floats up in the air, he sometimes (and often) doesn't shoot the purple/red orbs out of his head. On hard mode, the amount of time that people have to spend running around the top floor trying to find where the torturers are leads to such a loss in DPS that the torturers can't be killed reliably. This is really making progressing the hard mode of this trial really difficult.
  • Sparrachion
    Sparrachion
    ✭✭
    Seeing the same - so frustrating!!
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had actually saved an older clip back when we were practicing torturer team coordination where this happened.

https://youtu.be/YCqkpoT3y5c
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same. No telegraph for indicating which prisoners are being released means we lost time dpsing prisoner and just barely miss killing it. This can cause wipes when both prisoners come down. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • Pearly
    Pearly
    ✭✭✭
    I had actually saved an older clip back when we were practicing torturer team coordination where this happened.

https://youtu.be/YCqkpoT3y5c

That's exactly what it looks like. Thanks for sharing the video -- hopefully it's helpful to the devs to see what the bug actually looks like.

It seems to have gotten worse with the recent patch to vKA bug fixes, but I know this has been happening here and there for months.
  • Nadhez
    Nadhez
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing here - it's awful too because I'll see the telegraph sometimes but not always. There were times I was the only one on my team seeing the orb but a) I'm still learning the fight and b) it was always so random on if even I would see it or not (and I was making a point of watching boss the ENTIRE time, not letting his head leave my sight for more than a second or two so I wouldn't miss it). Makes it entirely impossible to reliably coordinate.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huge issue. Would love some acknowledgment that this is going to be looked into and fixed.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty debilitating when going for achievement runs...

Please fix.
  • Pearly
    Pearly
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully someone from ZOS will acknowledge it sometime.
  • Isriana
    Isriana
    Soul Shriven
    I'm currently progressing the last hardmode with one of my groups, and this bug is essentially causing us a wipe every time at the final phase. Usually at least one of the torturers comes through simply because we can't find/run to the correct prison in time, and eventually we get overwhelmed by the deaths caused by torturers in the pit. Unless this bug gets adressed I don't think there's much point in taking my group there next week (or in near future) because in this state it seems to be near impossible for us to get anywhere.
  • Pearly
    Pearly
    ✭✭✭
    Isriana wrote: »
    I'm currently progressing the last hardmode with one of my groups, and this bug is essentially causing us a wipe every time at the final phase. Usually at least one of the torturers comes through simply because we can't find/run to the correct prison in time, and eventually we get overwhelmed by the deaths caused by torturers in the pit. Unless this bug gets adressed I don't think there's much point in taking my group there next week (or in near future) because in this state it seems to be near impossible for us to get anywhere.

Yup, I temporarily cancelled my group's HM prog because there's no point in trying if it end up the same way every time.
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This absolutely needs addressed. Nothing quite like going flawless til last floor and wiping because of the game not working as intended.
  • Pearly
    Pearly
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping this for visibility.
  • VeiledCriticism
    VeiledCriticism
    ✭✭✭
    This bug is consistently happening on every instance of the trial.
    In my group (PC-NA), at least half of our DPS team is unable to see where to go.

Every patch there's a bug with vKA it seems.

Also, Bumping this for visibility.

Edited by VeiledCriticism on June 23, 2021 5:56PM
  • Sparrachion
    Sparrachion
    ✭✭
    Nothing from ZOS at all on this??
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acknowledgment that this is known and going to be fixed at some point would be nice.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Isriana
    Isriana
    Soul Shriven
    RogueShark wrote: »
    Acknowledgment that this is known and going to be fixed at some point would be nice.

Agreed. It's really frustrating that this bug still hasn't been addressed. Any word from ZoS would be appreciated at this point.
  • Pearly
    Pearly
    ✭✭✭
    Well, we can be optimistic that this is included in the patch tomorrow. If it isn't, we'll keep hoping ZoS acknowledges it.
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Llst of issues I noticed:
    - 2nd boss meteors sometimes don't have any visual effects
    - last boss kite-the-hands doesn't show markers on the ground so you have to run around like headless chicken just to make sure it won't hit you
    - blood cloud showing prisoners location is missing in last boss execute

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin at least give us meaningless "we are aware of this issue" ;)
    Edited by perfiction on June 27, 2021 9:05PM
  • bert420
    bert420
    ✭✭
    100% this issue is getting in the way of progressing through this , not being able to see Visual effects for mechanics does not break the game, but certainly makes content less appealing.
    especially the blood cloud missing, you have to run aimlessly and hope for the best when finding the gate that is going to open, which means in HM mostly you don't have enough time to kill them.

Even sending more people up is just a gamble that really does not help much.
    its a shame when bugs get in the way of completing content.
    please ZOS fix this.
  • Pearly
    Pearly
    ✭✭✭
    Boosting this again since it wasn't in today's patch notes.
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    no mention in the notes. they may not even be aware of this problem. Why have a bug reports section of an official forum, if hardly anyone from QA checks it?
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • Superkraut
    Superkraut
    ✭✭
    Would be nice if someone could look into, or acknowledge this please! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    They take time to acknowledge other bugs but not this one. That is frustrating.
  • RadagastThePink
    RadagastThePink
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping this! My regular team and another have also experienced this issue on PC NA. Very frustrating!
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for acknowledgement on this as well. Just because it's last years trial doesn't mean it should be ignored. :(
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Superkraut
    Superkraut
    ✭✭
    I can imagine it's probably at the end of the priority List, but I would still like to know if this is getting looked into and beeing fixed hopefully. Some sort of acknowledgement would be nice
  • sireneloreley
    sireneloreley
    Soul Shriven
    Any reaction? Will that be fixed?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone. Thanks for flagging this for us. We're looking into the issue and using your feedback here to identify and correct issues as described. We'll follow up here with any updates.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Pearly
    Pearly
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Thanks for flagging this for us. We're looking into the issue and using your feedback here to identify and correct issues as described. We'll follow up here with any updates.

Thank you Kevin!
  • Ora1P
    Ora1P
    Soul Shriven
    Also progging vKA HM and we can't see the blood flares signaling where the torturers are. In addition the sanguine grasp aoes don't appear.
    We are finding the missing blood flares to be a huge hindrance in completing the execute phase.

Would be great if this was fixed by tomorrow 08:30 PM CEST :)