The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PS5 version upgrade?

Aeorath
Aeorath
✭✭✭
Hello everyone!

I have this confusion about how the upgrade to PS5 version works; my last update in terms in DLC's is Greymoor. Will I be able to get the free PS5 upgrade to its native version, or do I need to buy Blackwood to have access to the enhanced-PS5 version?
  • Aeorath
    Aeorath
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention that I don't have the disc for the PS5 upgrade - that's how it's marked on PS store, but the digital version. Does this mean I have to buy the Blackwood DLC from the PS store in order to have access to the PS5 native version?
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @Aeorath

As mentioned in our FAQ, all new ESO players will be able to access Console Enhanced immediately upon purchasing, and it will be available as a free upgrade for existing players.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Aeorath
    Aeorath
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings @Aeorath

As mentioned in our FAQ, all new ESO players will be able to access Console Enhanced immediately upon purchasing, and it will be available as a free upgrade for existing players.

Thank you very much for the quick reply!

One more question then, since I don't see any way to change graphics settings on the PS5 as of this moment; is the update scheduled to drop some time later today?

Once again, sorry for all the questions, and thanks for replying!
  • Forumer-in-Prison
    Forumer-in-Prison
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the game digitally. Why is the free upgrade prompting me that the Disc is required?
    Siblings-in-Prison

Lore:
    At a time of chaos and turmoil, children from all across tamriel have been taken by an evil Argonian Thieves guild. They were raised in captivity, forced to learn their captors evil ways and endured the harsh environment of Black Marsh. The intentions of the evil guild is still unknown till this day.

Amisdt the events surrounding the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a brave few has escaped their captors and ran off as far away as they can, eventually landing on the shores of khenarthi's roost.

Armed with the skills and the scars they have endured during their captivity, these brothers and sisters in chains has vowed revenge on their Argonian captors and their allies.

They kept the names branded to them by the evil reptiles as a reminder of all the pain and torment they have suffered, and have joined the Aldmeri Dominion as a means to an end... Paint Tamriel with Argonian blood.
      [*] Close-to-Prison | Khajiit | Cat of Life
      [*] Sliced-in-Prison | Bosmer | Suction Blade
      [*] Hunk-in-Prison | Breton | Hunky Blade
      [*] Muse-in-Prison | Altmer | Healing Babe
      [*] Hot-in-Prison | Breton | HotBod Killer

• vivisectvib16_ESO
      vivisectvib16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Aeorath wrote: »
      Greetings @Aeorath

Thank you very much for the quick reply!

One more question then, since I don't see any way to change graphics settings on the PS5 as of this moment; is the update scheduled to drop some time later today?

Once again, sorry for all the questions, and thanks for replying!

It's a separate game download. It's on the store now, but Sony is having issues so it's not usable yet. :(
    • Crowcifix
      Crowcifix
      ✭✭
      i have the digital version with all my dlc/expansions purchases and a original disc version on i never used, because it said in PSN it needed disc version to upgrade i inserted my physical disc and upgraded, now need the disc inserted every time i want to play the PS5 upgraded version and dont have an option to upgrade the PS4 digital , how can i upgrade the digital so i font need the disc on the drive? thank you
    • gwmayar
      gwmayar
      ✭✭✭
      Ok, i have a question how to update Digital ver?I can update my disk ver but not Digital.
      And for heaven's sake, you forgot to sync trophies with PS4.
    • Aeorath
      Aeorath
      ✭✭✭
      I had a digital version of the game as well, so no disc; the only thing that worked for me was to buy Blackwood and then the game could be updated to the PS55 native version.

• gwmayar
      gwmayar
      ✭✭✭
      I already have all DLC, so this not for me =(
    • Aeorath
      Aeorath
      ✭✭✭
      gwmayar wrote: »
      I already have all DLC, so this not for me =(

So you still cannot update to the PS5 version because you don't have a disc then?
    • gwmayar
      gwmayar
      ✭✭✭
      well...

As you can see right now i'am downloading PS4 digital ver (4 time .... 80 GB 3hr.... FUN)
      tl3yro9hl1cg.jpg
      bq6ew8e4q6j8.jpg

But if i go to my game library you can see PS5 ver and it's doesn't work if you don't have CD. (Top right corner CD marker)
      bqchpoetr49o.jpg

But most fun part, if i add to download - it's works perfectly fine but in wiil be added like this (No Title PS5 ^_^):
      2qs8r0v0cruc.jpg

Well, the cherry on top, the fact that they did not synchronize trophies with the PS4 version and now I have + 120 empty trophies - that's great. As I understand it, the logic was - that now I must once again create a new character and once again spend 4 years in the game by unloacking all over again.
    • Crowcifix
      Crowcifix
      ✭✭
      ok
      finally managed to make it work,
      for the digital PS4 version upgrade to PS5 i needed to go to PSN on PC web browser find the correct version, (digital upgrade) make the upgrade and then select to transfer to the console. all in the PC PSN
    • gwmayar
      gwmayar
      ✭✭✭
      Thx i will try this right now!!! Still can we have PS4 trophies sync - PLZ
    • gwmayar
      gwmayar
      ✭✭✭
      Crowcifix wrote: »
      ok
      for the digital PS4 version upgrade to PS5 i needed to go to PSN on PC web browser find the correct version, (digital upgrade) make the upgrade and then select to transfer to the console. all in the PC PSN

Thank you so much, it works! You saved me the remnants of my nervous system!
      I don’t know what is the difference between downloading via the Console and downloading via the Website, but for some magical reason it works.
    • Crowcifix
      Crowcifix
      ✭✭
      gwmayar wrote: »
      Crowcifix wrote: »
      ok

Thank you so much, it works! You saved me the remnants of my nervous system!
      I don’t know what is the difference between downloading via the Console and downloading via the Website, but for some magical reason it works.

nice! :)
    • ZOS_Bill
      ZOS_Bill
      admin
      For anyone else having issues with the update, please use one of these ways to access the upgrade
      • Use the overflow menu on the GameHub to select the PS5 version
      • Open the store directly & search for "The Elder Scrolls Online: PS5 Upgrade"
      • Begin your download from the page (a $0 purchase may be required)
      The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
      Staff Post