The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Cadwells silver and gold account wide?

winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
Reason i ask is for 2 reasons..

- On my main character, i have quests completed in silver that i certainly have not done on that character.
- I've temporarily fallen in love with another class.

Im a solo player so this is a real problem.. it seems pointless to play any other character than my main to do quests for the "first time", but at the same time, i really like my sorc, and the only thing i do in eso is story + cosmetics. The best i can come up with is repeating murkmire (best zone in the game) and clearing non purchased dlc of resources before my subscription falls off.

Its a bit of an ocd problem i guess, but it would be great if an alts progression did count for cadwells on your main character, at least then you could tick the boxes. As it is im just holding back sneaking in as much fun as i can until i have the stomach to start another zone on my main.

Given that so many people play eso solo and it doesn't effect multiplayer, wouldn't this be the only story mechanic to help single players consider alts?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All achievement progress is per character. So if you have progressed on Cadwell's Gold or Silver, then you did those quests on that character. Are you absolutely certain you did not do those quests? If so, you should probably report that as a bug, since you almost certainly got credit for the zone story achievements too.

Now, the costume rewards for Cadwells Gold and Silver will be account wide. The soul shriven motif will be BOP, but you can bank it to pass onto your crafter.

If you mostly care about the cosmetics, go ahead and do the quests on any character.

If you care more about getting the achievements on your main, then you need to do the quests on your main.

(Account-wide vs Character-specific achievements is a bit of a debate. I find that a number of solo roleplayers like having character specific achievements to better reflect their characters. Some will even try to avoid achievements they don't want on a character, such as good characters avoiding Thieves Guild achievements while their evil characters might embrace the Dark Brotherhood.)
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 15, 2021 3:41AM
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, it’s not account-wide. Each character is considered a new version of the Vestige and must do the quests to save Tamriel and stop the plane meld separately. In the original 2014 version of the game, characters in each alliance were land-locked into their regions and couldn’t do the quest line in the other two regions until they completed their own and then picked up Cadwell’s Silver and then his Gold, which, in turn, gave them access to the game’s other two regions.

Now, post-One Tamriel, if your alt is, say a DC character, he can do any quest anywhere (in Auridon, for example, where he would originally not have been able to adventure) and complete quests that will later be required for Silver or Gold. So now when you finally get Silver, you might find you’ve already completed most of it. I’ve got an alt who hasn’t yet fought Malog Bal and completed her region’s main story, but has done so many of the story quests in other regions (for the skill points) that when she finally does pick up Cadwell’s silver & gold, she will probably have already finished it.
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    Yeah it must be a bug. Yeah i haven't done those quests. I think i might have worked it out.. my character is new, but my name is definitely not.. i've rolled many characters over the years with the same name.. and those deleted characters would have definitely done those quests.

Doesnt' help much though, because i fully intend to do those quests.. well i guess completion is ultimately more important than "fun" in this case so.. i'll live. Probably.

Its taken a few years.. but today i've finished 100% research on my main too. Its really tough to justify alts when you're only solo. Group play roles sure.. but im not touching that for eso. Been there, done that, not again.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can start the new character and do a DLC zone. Those aren't related to any Cadwell quest.
    PC NA